Thread: Shogun on Mac?

Default Shogun on Mac?

Hey everyone.

A friend of mine watched me playing and got addicted, unfortunately he has a Mac and by now did not find the game for other than usual PC. Do you know if it is somehow possible to run the game on his PC? Is there even a version for Mac?

Thanks for your help!

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Default Re: Shogun on Mac?

There is no version of Shogun yet ported for the Mac (only recently has feralinteractive ported RTW to run natively) but if he has an Intel-based Mac, he can run Boot Camp, which allows one to partition the drive and install Windows. He will however, need a full version of Windows to install.

The arrangement allows STW to be played on a Mac under Windows. He can also buy a copy of Parallels or similar virtual machine software, which would allow an older game like STW to run on his Mac desktop.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Default Re: Shogun on Mac?

So CA can release source code to this company to produce a Mac port of RTW, but still no Linux ports of any TW games.

Default AW: Shogun on Mac?

Thanks for the answers. I passed it on!