Thread: problem with the Latifundiae

Default problem with the Latifundiae

I'm new here, so forgive me if my question has been asked already (I've looked for answers to this question in this forum, and have not found anything so far) :

the industrialized agricultural estates (Latinfundiae for the Romans) are supposed to decrease the level of public order in the provinces where they are built by 10%. The reasons of this phenomenon are perfectly explained. But once the building process is loaded, it appears one gets +10% instead of -10%. Which is highly comfortable (given the amount of additional wealth provided with it ), but not so realistic .

Is there a patch available somewhere on this website that solves that problem ?

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Post Re: problem with the Latifundiae

No, everything is right, or so I believe. Latifundas lower law, which lowers one's income in all but the territories very close to the capital, and thus lacking distance to the capital penalty that causes corruption. AS for the public order bonus, perhaps it is due to the population growth, as the population boom bonus works on happiness.

Default Re: problem with the Latifundiae

Thank you for doing your best to make us satisfied with the current situation in this issue, but I'm afraid I'm not convinced by this explanation. The population boom doesn't automatically implies a progression in terms of stability (it's much more like the contrary, in fact).

I think there's simply an error here, that needs to be taken into account.

The problem is about the dilemma one should have to face when it comes to building a latifundia : increase the wealth and decrease stability, or maintain stability at the price of a lower income ? Actually, in the current situation we have nothing of the kind, since the settlement of a latifundia provides only with advantages.

YES, I know I'm a masochist...

i see these are your first two posts and you haven't been welcomed yet.
    so welcome Faffenback

Building a latifunda does decrease the Law bonus by 10%. If you check the advanced settlement options screen (whatever its called) the law bonus will have a fixed number with a static graphic and then a higher number with a greyed out flashing graphic. This indicates that the law is falling. The current law is the larger amount and the future law once the building has been completed is the smaller one. This is the opposite of how things are represented when they grow. ie you may notice that corruption costs also have a greyed out figure at this time, that indicates an increase in current levels. If the greyed out figure is flashing then the total is falling, if not it is growing. You can test this yourself easily enough in game.

In relation to the increased happiness from a population boom, this does seem unlikely in some ways for 'real life', but you could imagine that it really represents an increase in the amount of babies and immigrants, which signify a short time of plenty and wealth with loads of food and jobs for everyone. However, with more population comes more squalor and eventually the additional population will cause far more of a problem to happiness than that temporary boost ever did.

I should add both of these elements are directly from RTW - not EB.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Latifundia definetely decreases the law in a province. If you've already built the previous Agricultural Estates building, then it should only decline by a further 5%.

Maybe the governor happened to gain a trait that increased his influence or something, that could make the happiness appear to increase?
    Last edited by Rhyfelwyr; 05-18-2009 at 12:05.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.