Thread: The Loading Bar

Default The Loading Bar

This really ticks me off when you are waiting for the screens to load. You can barely see the progress unless you squint. There is almost no difference on the overlay bar. Sorry if I repeated someone else's thread but oh well. Hope this does not happen in EBII.

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon

Default Re: The Loading Bar

Hmm? For me, the green "progress" segment stands out quite vividly against the brownish background. I sometimes regret that I can't see a loading bar on the very first "loading" screen after game start (because there isn't one, I'm fairly certain), but I generally take time away from the computer when this comes up to go and flick the kettle on.
    "The pathfinding around town squares is twenty different kinds of horrible."Watchman

Quote Originally Posted by soup_alex View Post
    Hmm? For me, the green "progress" segment stands out quite vividly against the brownish background. I sometimes regret that I can't see a loading bar on the very first "loading" screen after game start (because there isn't one, I'm fairly certain), but I generally take time away from the computer when this comes up to go and flick the kettle on.
    Yeah it could hardly be anymore of a contrast...

Re the loading screen at start-up, mine takes almost exactly 3 mins from hitting the EB icon..perfect time to do some emergency washing up , and plan the next moves in my current campaign..

Myself, even with red-green colour blindess, can see the difference between the background of the loading bar and the "progress" bar.

Sorry. But everytime I load somehing, it is green overlaid with green. Weird.

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Strange indeed.

4x
    1x

Or I am truly blind.

Do you think that I have Gold Edition affects anything?

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Can you post a screenshot as to what it looks like?

4x
    1x

Surely. Just wait a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsatia View Post
    Or I am truly blind.

Do you think that I have Gold Edition affects anything?
    Nope, I have Gold Edition and red-green colourblindness. And I see the contrast perfectly.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

I'm apparently such an ignorant. I never heard of green-red color blindess, but now i see on out of 10 post 2 people have it?

so you can't tell red from green?

No offense of course
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88 View Post
    I'm apparently such an ignorant. I never heard of green-red color blindess, but now i see on out of 10 post 2 people have it?

so you can't tell red from green?

No offense of course
    It's more common than you think, around 8% of males are colour blind. The red-green tag is mainly just the offical term for the type of colour blindess (as in not total colour blindess which does exist but is far rarer).

I personally, which I'm sure is true of others, have problem seeing the difference between similar colours/shades when they are close together. For example, if red (depending on the shade) and brown side by side they would look the same, the same with dark blue and purple, light green yellow/orange to name a few.

You would not know how frustrating it is with colour-coded puzzles in video-games and when using programs like Paint/Gimp when it comes to trying to get the right colour to use.

And yes....I can see traffic lights perfectly well before you ask!
    Last edited by Scud; 05-16-2009 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    It's more common than you think, around 8% of males are colour blind. The red-green tag is mainly just the offical term for the type of colour blindess (as in not total colour blindess which does exist but is far rarer).

I personally, which I'm sure is true of others, have problem seeing the difference between similar colours/shades when they are close together. For example, if red (depending on the shade) and brown side by side they would look the same, the same with dark blue and purple, light green yellow/orange to name a few.

You would not know how frustrating it is with colour-coded puzzles in video-games and when using programs like Paint/Gimp when it comes to trying to get the right colour to use.

And yes....I can see traffic lights perfectly well before you ask!
    I'd like to add.

It is also known as Daltonism.

And it isn't that we don't see red or green or can't make the difference at all. We just see colours (some or all) different. We've been learning from childhood that that certain frequency of light is named by that word, so we can tell this is red and this is green. It is only when certain shades are rather similar that trouble begins.

My hardest problem is seeing red letters on dark powerpoint presentation backgrounds or blackboards.
    When there isn't enough light I also can't see the difference between red or green ink or pencil writing on a paper.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Wow... I really never knew about this, it must be frustrating sometimes. I really hope i didn't offend anyone by asking about this disease. It was really not my intention. I was just curious
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

lol. I doubt you would have offended people before, but by calling it a disease you may have. They don't have a disease, their eyes just inteperate light in a different way.

In certain situations it is an advantage as a person with colour blindness has a greater chance of seeing through a camouflage.

It may have evolved to help early humans hunt because a group of 20 hunters with one colour blind hunter is far more effective, and about 1/20th of males are colour blind. The percentage for women however is much lower.

- Four Horsemen of the Presence