Thread: Saka reforms completed - now what?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Saka reforms completed - now what?

Well, after trying different campaigns checking what I'd like the most to continue, I've started a Saka campaign. So far it's not bad, despite having to blitz like mad (I've blitzed Bactria by 268). Not long ago, I've got the message about the reforms, but... Nothing happened. I still have the same bodyguards and apparently I can only train the same units I was able to train before. Is there something special I have to do to get new units from these, or will it come with "March of Time", or something else I don't know?

Default Re: Saka reforms completed - now what?

This post explains how you get your Indo-Greek infantry.

Thanks. I also thought that the reforms give Cataphracts, is that true? Or is that March of Time?

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ulpius View Post
    Thanks. I also thought that the reforms give Cataphracts, is that true? Or is that March of Time?
    You don't need reforms for cataphracts. You can train the Ysaninu Aysiramjä from lvl 4 or 5 "noble" recruitment facilities. Lovely unit. They got hammers for melee!

For the Bodyguard Cataphracts (Sahiya Hadabara), you need the March of Time, i.e. the Romans. Pray they don't get destroyed too soon...

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.