Thread: Wolfram Alpha ?

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Default Wolfram Alpha ?

Well..Uuuh...I guess mankind always had the ability to enthusiastically explore what he once could tell as a tale once.

The point which we labeled as virtual world is getting a more and more integral part of our lives every other day and look where Wolfram Alpha goes to.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Re: Wolfram Alpha ?

I knew about Wolfram's Mathematica.

Fascinating, so far it's Mathematica and a database?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Well I don't know exactly what Mathematica is, except for the brief reading that said it was some work of Stephen Wolfram.

Still, Wolfram Alpha sounds like the footsteps of a new Google.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello,

It's basically a mathematics application. It can do numerical and analytical solving, plotting, very powerful. Mathlab and Mathcad may be the more popular programs these days.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From what I've heard, it still has a few kinks to work out, but overall it has serious potential. I'd bet that it's going to trigger more than a few "here comes Skynet!" reactions, but IMHO, if it ever wants to seriously mount a challenge to Google, it needs to change its name. "Wolfram Alpha" sounds like it's built for a niche.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

I can't imagine this every challenging google. They simply do different things. Google finds content, this computes trivial statistics.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

I feel like asking it "who are you," but the subtle fear of accidentally creating Skynet somehow arrests me.