Thread: Can you test this battle I made?

Default Can you test this battle I made?

I created this test battle for EB to see if others can play the battles I make without any bugs or CTDs. I know it works for me, but I want to know if it works for others.

Steps to play the battle:

1) Download the .zip file (TestMakeEpeiros.zip):
    http://rapidshare.com/files/23366380...eiros.zip.html
    OR
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JZN3G40M

2) Extract the folder named TestMakeEpeiros to /EB/Data/world/maps/battle/custom (there should be some other battles in this folder, correct me if I'm wrong)

3) In EB, play it as a Historical Battle.

Please report any bugs, problems or suggestions and thanks for testing it!

Also, can you win?

If all goes well I'll create some other battles (that make sense!) for us

Influence:

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

Default Re: Can you test this battle I made?

I am currently playing your battle. I really like it. No problems so far,but I think you should change the distance between the player and the other force. I spent the first five minutes waiting for the epirotes to move. When they didn't come, I spent the next five marching my army over there. I think the simplicity of the battle makes it fun. Intresting unit choice for the epirotes.

Edit: I won with a heroic victory. I left them with 124 men left compared to my 456
    Last edited by Ghaust the Moor; 05-16-2009 at 16:23.

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

I played and experienced no bugs. The one thing I noticed was that the Italic General had a blank, white unit card in the screen showing forces before you start the battle.

And yes, I did win, 488 kills to 178 losses.
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaust the Moor View Post
    I am currently playing your battle. I really like it. No problems so far,but I think you should change the distance between the player and the other force. I spent the first five minutes waiting for the epirotes to move. When they didn't come, I spent the next five marching my army over there. I think the simplicity of the battle makes it fun. Intresting unit choice for the epirotes.

Edit: I won with a heroic victory. I left them with 124 men left compared to my 456
    Thanks a lot! I agree with the distance between armies, it was the first thing that annoyed me when I tested myself. And yeah, my Epeirotes were a bit too Roman
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontline1944 View Post
    I played and experienced no bugs. The one thing I noticed was that the Italic General had a blank, white unit card in the screen showing forces before you start the battle.

And yes, I did win, 488 kills to 178 losses.
    Same for me, I don't know why that happens. Thanks for testing, I'm glad it worked fine!

Did the cinematic before the battle go well for you guys? I know it didn't make much sense, I'm just hoping you saw it and there were no underground camera angles

Influence:

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Molinaargh View Post

Did the cinematic before the battle go well for you guys? I know it didn't make much sense, I'm just hoping you saw it and there were no underground camera angles
    Yes, the cinematic worked just fine. I was impressed.
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

Yeah. The cinematic looked great. I didn't even know that you could make movies on the game.