Thread: Tranlastion German to English

Default Tranlastion German to English

The one who would help me in this translation is unavailable(not in country), would there be anyone willing to do this translation for me?
    Die korperhohe unserer Vorfahren lasst sich anhand der Lange ihrer Extremitatenknochen berechnen. Danach waren bei den Alamannen die Manner im Schnitt 1,72m gross, die Fraun etwa 10 cm kleiner. Sie liegen damit deulich uber den Frauen und Mannern aus dem Spatmittelater und der fruhen Neuzeit.
    Wie bei der Schadellange kann auch fur die Korperhohe ein Nord-Sud-Gefalle registriert werden, wobie die hoheren Werte im Norden wohl mit dessen starkerem Germanisierungsgrad einhergehen. Doch unterscheiden sich die jeweiligen Durchschnittswerte nur gering voneinander. Naturlich gab es uberall grosse und kleine Menshcen. Allein im nordostschwerischen Elgg variiert die Korperhohe der Manner zwischen 1,56 und 1,82m.
    Fur einen diachronen Vergleich stehen uns nur wenige Daten aus der Fruhzeit der Alamannen zur Verfugung, z.B. aus Hilzingen, Ilvesheim und Opfingen. Sie liegen zumindest fur die Manner uber den angegebenen Mittelwerten. Vom Beginn des 6. bis zum Ende des 7. jh. scheinen die Manner kleiner, im 8. Jh. wieder etwas grosser geworden zu sein. Hier stellt sich die Frage, in welchem Umgang romanisierte oder frankishce Bevolkerungsteile Einfluss auf den Genpool hatten.
    Sorry I don't have the German macro with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Default Re: Tranlastion German to English

Perhaps this will help. http://translation.paralink.com/
    It translates it very well from many languages.

4x
    1x

Excellent, thank you!

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

No problem.

4x
    1x

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

No sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwulf View Post
    Nuhxn; ughsoeu fxucnx,mempirunhyr yucn,aoimeurn uybxurilsomsxea uenxeunurnlzmeoinyen 10 cm smaller. uenysenry7hejor98 ybxufng Men and Women dhnirutiyrisnbvfbunilo Gi7yn79n498y ishgrg yiurtnexom89 urnxo898ejm unz8h8whlroh79 yniuhxjfugd luoyalaoxboc uhibgunk\liuhby iunhgooijkuyghfia uehrbviub7yo 1,56 and 1,82m.
    For iuesyiruywrhi yhiioud hbz\ukomkjkid gyhksuiyt utyhisxo Alemani zkhbauy, z.B. from Hilzingen, Ilvesheim and Opfingen. Cljolrj njreoero kahi8m dlmciszu. Aljhsoi uiojo xzbhhizo opk9iuremz h9qa8 smaller, by 8. Jh. yrzg b\aiyaoe uidorhca\ib8 uioerb be. Here j8 uroes a\uh Question, in which Unjsbk roman or frankish khdrhuuo lauzyh oudrh at the Genpool had.
    See, no big deal. Where's my balloon now?

Maion
    ~Maion

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Arrow Re: Tranlastion German to English

Meh, I prefer Google Translate. Out of all the translators I have used, it seems as if it is th ebest one, as it even picks up context clues.

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    No sweat.

See, no big deal. Where's my balloon now?

Maion
    ...um. I don't think that is english...

Do you have a useful translation now? It isn't that good German to start with...
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

The one who would help me in this translation is unavailable(not in country), would there be anyone willing to do this translation for me?
    Sorry I don't have the German macro with this. Any help would be appreciated.
    It says:

The physical hights of our ancestors can be calculated by the length of the bones of the extremeties. This follows that the Alemann men had an average hights of 1.72 m, while women were smaller by 10 cms. So, they had been much taller than the men and women of the Late Middle Ages and Early Modern times. According to the length of the scull also the tallness shows a North-South fall, while the high values in the North go along with a high degree of Germanization. But the average values only differ a bit from each other. Of course, there had been tall and small people everywhere. In the NW-German Elgg alone, the tallness of men differs from 1.56 m to 1.82 m. For diachronical comparison we only have little date from the early periode of the Alemanns, e.g. from Hilzingen, Ilvesheim and Opfingen. The values are at least for men above the average. From the beginning of the 6th up to the end of the 7th Century men seemed to have been smaller, (but) becoming taller in the 8th Century. The question remains, inhowfar the contact with the Romanized and Frankish population affected the genetic pool.
    Last edited by konny; 05-17-2009 at 17:38.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaust the Moor View Post
    ...um. I don't think that is english...
    I meant exactly what Konny said above. I was just too bored to do the work, that's all.

Maion
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 05-17-2009 at 19:37.
    ~Maion

I meant exactly what Konny said above. I was just too bored to do the work, that's all.

Maion
    I fail to see what you did though. It looks like gibberish. I looks like a differant language

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

@Frostwulf: Where do you have this text from?

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaust the Moor View Post
    I fail to see what you did though. It looks like gibberish. I looks like a differant language
    Have you ever heard of the word "joke" before, or even experienced it? For is seems you have difficulty spotting one when it's right in front of you

Maion
    ~Maion

Have you ever heard of the word "joke" before, or even experienced it? For is seems you have difficulty spotting one when it's right in front of you

Maion
    Sorry. I only get jokes if I know that the person joking, is prone to joking. I orriginally thought it was a joke, but I didn't think you joked much so I assumed you were serious.

Well, I supposed the clown smilies etc would make it clearer... Anyway my bad I guess (here I go again with the clown smilies...)

Maion
    ~Maion

Thanks Konny, that is much better then I could do, thanks for taking the time to type it out. If anyone knows where I can download the German macro's I would really appreciate it.

@ziegenpeter I was referred to this book from another. The quote comes from the book "Die Alamannen" which was written by multiple professors. This particular chapter was written by Jachim Wahl, Ursula Witter-Backofen and Manfred Kunter.

The book seems interesting and has multiple topics, unfortunately they don't have it in English, like allot of books on this subject.

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Thank you

unfortunately they don't have it in English, like allot of books on this subject.
    zats no probblem for a kraut liek mee!

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Default AW: Tranlastion German to English

I think "Allein im nordostschwerischen Elgg" should read "Allein im nordostschweizerischen Elgg" which means they are not referring to a town in Germany but in Switzerland. So instead of "In the NW-German Elgg alone" better read "In Elgg in the NE of Switzerland". A definitely Alamannic area, by the way ;)
    Last edited by Lysandros; 05-19-2009 at 12:37.
    "Nous laisserons ce monde-ci aussi sot et aussi méchant que nous l'avons trouvé en y arrivant."

Yes, you are right, this is Elgg in Switzerland of course: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elgg

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team