Thread: Texas created more jobs last year then the other 49 states..........combined

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Texas created more jobs last year then the other 49 states..........combined

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124260067214828295.html

Here come the Carpetbaggers.

ALL HAIL TEXAS
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Texas created more jobs last year then the other 49 states..........combined

On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Default Re: Texas created more jobs last year then the other 49 states..........combined

Go capitalism! Now if only the other states would follow suit...
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

All those jobs were "created" because the undocumented workers just went back to Mexico!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

TEXAS PRIDE
    Last edited by CountArach; 05-18-2009 at 22:59.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Here's one we missed.

My tax savings just on income tax will be $13,800 per day.
    Man, I wish I had his tax problem. Needless to say he'll be bringing a couple of jobs with him, and creating more when he arrives.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito View Post
    Here's one we missed.

Man, I wish I had his tax problem. Needless to say he'll be bringing a couple of jobs with him, and creating more when he arrives.
    I'd suffer through being paid what he pays in taxes -- a burden no doubt.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Who knew they'd have to hire so many people to remove your governor's foot from his mouth.

The federal government has a similar program for Biden.
    This space intentionally left blank

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

kicked out the mexicans?

Sounds like Texas is following the Fianna Fail method of stimulating growth .
    Good luck Texas

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    The federal government has a similar program for Biden.
    At least he didn't give away the nuclear codes in his last speech.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Actually, it's an intelligent plan. Texas is creating growth now, which means later it will have to re-evaluate it's position and plans. That "later" is when all the other states will be working on surpluses and be able to contribute to Texas like Texas is contributing to everyone else through this great American Economy.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian II View Post
    At least he didn't give away the nuclear codes in his last speech.
    They're also changed pretty frequently.

At least Biden didn't outlaw Russia in a radio address warm up.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
    Good luck Texas
    As long as I can remember, Texas has not had an personal income tax. They try to get by with a high sales tax (8%?) and bond issues. Not sure about corporate taxes. This works ok, but certain aspects (education mainly) suffer. If they can get workers edumacated by the other states, it's all good.

Sounds like rural states are going to get an influx of rich folks until states with large urban centers sort out their books. Can we just wall off Detroit now?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

The job creation statistics I read and hear about are always suspect because from what I have seen is that:

-no one accounts for jobs lost, so eliminating one full time job and making it two part time jobs is creating two net jobs if the lost job is not accounted for, and if it is accounted for it is creating one net job, which is still misleading. This is why jobs-created numbers always spike during the holidays for seasonal hires, but miraculously does not crash in january: the lost jobs arent being counted.

-what constitutes a full-time job, part-time job or just a job in general is defined differently based on state law and companies. Wal-mart defines full time as 28 hours per week in states that will allow them to do so. A paper route that gains a net profit of $250 per month for the delivery person is considered a "job."

The jobs-created stats should be taken with a grain of salt and compared extensively with state and regional unemployment rates and, more importantly, take into consideration people who work more than one job.

I have for quite some time now, and will continue to, ignore jobs-created studies, numbers and stats that are put out by politicians and government institutions as they are all skewed and purpose driven while not being scientific in the least. You can create jobs all day long if you want, it doesn't do a lick of good if they go away in 40 days.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Actually, it's an intelligent plan.
    No in the medium/long term its a silly plan .
    They try to get by with a high sales tax (8%?)
    What happens to customers when you have high tax on sales to balance out the shortfall of tax from business and investors? Both the people who are coming in to invest for the tax break and the local workers who are benefitting from the influx of investment take their money and spend it elsewhere .

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito View Post
    Here's one we missed.

How is a guy from New York moving to Florida news?

Edit:

I mean, he is 67 years old, right? It's simply the typical migratory pattern.
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 05-19-2009 at 17:38.

My kingdom for a .

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    I mean, he is 67 years old, right? It's simply the typical migratory pattern.
    He could be carried by a swallow, right?

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

He could be carried by a swallow, right?
    Would that be a republican or a democratic swallow?

My kingdom for a .

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Depends on which county he's going to.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    Both together. You need a right wing and a left wing - in theory.

Both together. You need a right wing and a left wing - in theory.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Epic thread delivers epic lulz. Thanks you, Gregoshi.

Wait, you forgot Canada .