Thread: Proclaiming an „Imperator“

Default Proclaiming an „Imperator“

In my 1.2 Romani-Campaign I´m now in the year 147 B.C.
    By little cheating I have a 25-years-old character with all the character-traits necessary to make him the future Emperor… incl. the (high) ambitious-trait. My current faction leader is 60 years old and presumably he will be displaced in the near future.
    Is it possible to appoint my “Emperor-Character” as faction-heir although the year 125 B.C. needed for the Imperial Reforms is a couple of years away? Will the Imperial Reforms occur when I act in this manner?

Regards
    Marcel

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Default Re: Proclaiming an „Imperator“

As long as you keep your promising character alive until then, then of course. Its only 22 years, after all (not a couple...). Though what you actually do with your character for roleplay reasons is up to you. Will be interesting.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Thank you for your quick reply :-)

Best regards
    Marcel

If your worried the current leader will bite it before the reforms due date, you can always set the next faction leader as the biggest waste of space general you have at the moment. If the old dude dies before it's time, you just need to have general retard get on a boat and sink it in a fight with some rebels or have him charge a guard tower solo when the time finally does come for your Emperor in waiting.
    All men will one day die, but not every man will truely live.

change your faction heir to a useless family member. if the faction leader dies before the reform dates the useless guy will become faction heir. just frontal charge your useless guy into enemy pikes and kill him and then you can have your imperator the new faction leader and get the reforms.

or if the reforms hit and your faction leader hasnt died yet then you can just change faction heir back to imperator and hope your faction leader dies asap

hey DarkAngel, congrats on making it this far! Few Romani Players actually do make it to the Augustan reforms (I think I'm one of the few), and while you aren't their yet, it seems like you've basically got it sewn up. Those new Augustan units will be very nice. -M
    My Balloons:

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Pfft...bunch of show off's...I want my damn Marians!
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

I've only managed to "cultivate" one Augustus before, but I'm working on a second one in my current campaign. Just need a few more settlements and hopefully the next couple suitors/sons will be that lucky guy.
    All men will one day die, but not every man will truely live.