Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hyborian Age - Total War

Default Re: Hyborian Age - Total War

I had the same problem but removing the Viking starpos file I now can play your mod. Well, I also had to replace the button_ipnext and button_ipprev files to play the campaign. You could include new buttons in future releases to avoid the campaign CTDs with some graphic cards.

I've played forty turns with the Cimmerians without problems and I am impressed with your work: awesome graphics (map, units, buildings, portraits... all!), great music and excellent atmosphere.

Congratulations and regards!

Thank You, Belisario. I'm going to release the second step of Beta version close to Xmas and I'll add the two buttons according to your suggestion. There is a good amount of work ready to be added, above all buildings and units, and I want to push them in ASAP.
    All new features should help to get the gameplay into full action after a dozen turns without taking off the pleasure to develop buildings and achieve the most refined and powerful units on the long run.

Good news about the second release! For the moment I enjoy the Hyborian world in its current version.

Thumbs up Re: Hyborian Age - Total War

Just tried out Hyborean Age; it's very good, especially considering that it is a first release. The feeling of the "Conan mithology" is very well done. Love the new buildings, portraits, units, unit cards and of course the music. For my part, i'm eagerly awaiting a new patch.

Some suggestions, for consideration:

- update the text for the religions (you know, when right-clicking a province, it still appears
    "catholic", "jewish" and so on - i saw that in the diplomatic view that's already done - like the "Y", a Crom-believer/worshipper faction)
    - if you're adding more buildings and units, super! And if it's possible to add some new building cards, the better
    - i know you said you wouldn't, but the faction shields would really be a nice touch... :-)
    - and another thing, but this one it's easily done by each one of us, according to our own tastes, so it's really only a thought: include at least one Conan theme for the battles (like the "Battle of mounds", from the "Barbarian" soundtrack, or the main theme from "Conan the Destroyer").
    And a couple more for the campaign map: put the full "Atlantean Sword" theme, it's missing a little bit in the end, same thing for the "Riddle of Steel" (well, this one is understandable, if you'll add the 2nd part, "Riders of Doom", as a battle music), and add for example "Theology/Civilization" (well-known theme from the "Barbarian" movie), or "The search", or "Approach to Shadizaar" from the "Destroyer" movie (the theme for Tulsa Doom's mountain in "Barbarian"). Even the "Recovery" that you have for the frontend fits well in the campaign (masterpiece of soundtrack). But like i said the music is very easily moddable by each one of us according to our personal tastes.

All in all, congratulations and thank you for this!

Quote Originally Posted by cathar1209 View Post
    Some suggestions, for consideration:

- update the text for the religions (you know, when right-clicking a province, it still appears
    "catholic", "jewish" and so on - i saw that in the diplomatic view that's already done - like the "Y", a Crom-believer/worshipper faction)
    - if you're adding more buildings and units, super! And if it's possible to add some new building cards, the better
    - i know you said you wouldn't, but the faction shields would really be a nice touch... :-)
    - and another thing, but this one it's easily done by each one of us, according to our own tastes, so it's really only a thought: include at least one Conan theme for the battles (like the "Battle of mounds", from the "Barbarian" soundtrack, or the main theme from "Conan the Destroyer").
    And a couple more for the campaign map: put the full "Atlantean Sword" theme, it's missing a little bit in the end, same thing for the "Riddle of Steel" (well, this one is understandable, if you'll add the 2nd part, "Riders of Doom", as a battle music), and add for example "Theology/Civilization" (well-known theme from the "Barbarian" movie), or "The search", or "Approach to Shadizaar" from the "Destroyer" movie (the theme for Tulsa Doom's mountain in "Barbarian"). Even the "Recovery" that you have for the frontend fits well in the campaign (masterpiece of soundtrack). But like i said the music is very easily moddable by each one of us according to our personal tastes.
    Yes I must change some text about the religion description and some other strings related to buildings, next package will provide these adjustments.
    About shields, I simply should like that someone else of us, and I know there are many around here who can realize shields much better than me, support this mod.
    Music : Full themes are not allowed, we're talking about tracks protected by copyright (Conan The Barbarian: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Basil Poledouris) and all I can provide is the downloadable 1-2 minutes free sample.
    On the other hand, I agree completely to a full customization of musics of the mod.

Cheers

Ahh, yes, i forgot "that" thing which is copyrights
    It's too bad that i'm a full zero with graphics, or else i would do the shields :( ... but maybe you'll get someone to help (fingers crossed).
    Cheers

Hi; sorry for "re-viving" this thread, but i just would like to know if OmarPacha is still around and if there's still a second step for Hyborian Age in the making, like it was talked about during the last autumn. It would be really neat to play with some kind of expansion on this already awesome mod, now that holidays are fast marching upon us :)

Yes OmarPacha is still around.

BTW, he has commissioned a new alternate campaign map texture for the mod which is in the planning stage, so watch future updates.

Also, I will take a look at shields and stuff if I have the time and the graphic format don't require too much fiddling around.

Thanks, it's really good to know that the mod is still being worked on for further improvements. Personally, i will be eagerly awaiting, then :) Cheers!

Sorry for breaking the silence in the thread, but just wanted to ask if there are any news.

There will be no news until I find time to build the new self extracting package and place it under one of the links above. That's the only thing left to do.
    There are not large changes but a better painted map (in the SW region) some text adjustments and 2 new units: Militia and Hyrkanian Knights.
    I've tested the gameplay with the militiamen, a base unit with low attack and defense rating but large in number, and I can say it's greatly improved.
    Now working on the princess piece.
    All material is ready, must only find a 5-6 hours to pack it and release. I've been waiting for Durango new map but in the meanwhile, new version of the original will work fine.
    Cheers All

Thumbs up Re: Hyborian Age - Total War

Omar, looks good, went through your snapshots and everything, I'm impressed. I'm new here and I didn't know such in-depth mods were possible. Maybe I can look at what you did, when it's available, and figure out how to fix mine. (I have my problems/questions posted in another thread, and if you have a few minutes, I'd appreciate you taking a look)? But really, I thought I was being pretty slick with my stuff, but I'm a neophyte!

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmarPacha View Post
    There will be no news until I find time to build the new self extracting package and place it under one of the links above. That's the only thing left to do.
    There are not large changes but a better painted map (in the SW region) some text adjustments and 2 new units: Militia and Hyrkanian Knights.
    I've tested the gameplay with the militiamen, a base unit with low attack and defense rating but large in number, and I can say it's greatly improved.
    Now working on the princess piece.
    All material is ready, must only find a 5-6 hours to pack it and release. I've been waiting for Durango new map but in the meanwhile, new version of the original will work fine.
    Cheers All
    Omar ..... did you ever get around to finishing this mod ?
    cheers

** bump **
    Has any kind gent have this on their hd ?
    I would like to download it .
    Cheers

Both links in the original link don't work

Omar was here last month , made a comment re-steam .
    I wonder if he will share the Mod ?

I downloaded this gem some years ago and somehow got it to work. I have the files, but can't seem to repeat the earlier magic. I'll see if I can set up a little package and maybe someone else can figure it out.

Nice one Cyprian2 ... upload it it soon .
    cheers

Hey, dimitrios et al.

Here is the download link for HyboriaTotalWar.exe

Decryption key is: !9H0lsOhtTZN97SpJIOShmw1-PQcpGPbRcojrQvWE6tg

There was some tinkering to be done in order to get the game to work, but I can't remember what. Maybe it's in the old thread entries somewhere.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Cyprian2; 08-25-2016 at 20:36.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Thanks Cyprian ...
    cheers

Thanks for uploading Hyborian Age - Total War Cyprian2. The fix to get it to run is to delete the vanilla VIKING.TXT startpos file.

Member thankful for this post:

Axalon 

Thanks Cyprian! I can confirm that this mod works.

I'm necromancing this thread after quite a few years...to provide an updated download link for Hyborian Age: Total War. Enjoy!

Members thankful for this post (2):

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12