Thread: Hai reforms

Default Hai reforms

Hey folks I was wondering if there is any way just to skip the reforms to get to your factional meatier troops. If there is an easy way could someone post how to do it. I dont really have the intention of spreading eastward with the hai and this would greatly increase my love for this faction. Thanxs

Default Re: Hai reforms

You don't have to spread eastward to get a type 1 government in Hayasdan itself - just build a market, garrison, roads and some other basic stuff, then replace the government.
    It's somewhere in the FAQ I think.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

AFAIK there aren't any meaty troops made available by the reforms, except to the extent you can build higher level MIC's in type 1 gov settlements (which is what each step of the reforms make available to you: more type 1 & 2 gov locations). Is that right?

In which case to get the meaty troops you just have to use the instant building cheat command.
    From Hax, Nachtmeister & Subotan

Jatte lambasts Calico Rat

In the begining you can only build the first two MIC's so you get only crappy units. After the reforms you can build the higher level MIC's, therefore better units
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

I have no knowledge how to skip the reforms but I would have a question on the topic - after the reforms can the Hai train there own tougher factional troops (like Cataphracts) in further eastern towns like Seleukei or Persepolis?
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

Quote Originally Posted by HunGeneral View Post
    I have no knowledge how to skip the reforms but I would have a question on the topic - after the reforms can the Hai train there own tougher factional troops (like Cataphracts) in further eastern towns like Seleukei or Persepolis?
    The RV says no. Didn't experience it first hand though

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88 View Post
    The RV says no. Didn't experience it first hand though
    The same with me. Thats why I asked - It would seem strange to me that all thoose reform reqirements would only give a type I goverment. Its great and all but somehow I feel it should give you a the ability to train really good units there...

Any Hai veteran who has gotten so far into the reforms?
    Last edited by HunGeneral; 05-20-2009 at 12:46. Reason: Spelling
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

a little of topic. I just started playing as hayasdan and have all the reform requirements (at least i think so) 6500 people in Armavir, + roads, sanitization, garrison and market... am i missing something?

Correct size of the market?

Have you checked if the "Homeland" building (/marker) has been created in Armavir?

i have the 6000+mnai one... yes, there still only alliances

Edit.: sorry, didn't look long enough... I thought that the allinces marker would dissapear.
    Last edited by anubis88; 05-20-2009 at 17:17.

damn I was hoping I would'nt have to take over Karkathiokerta, Ani-Kamah, Phraaspa, Kotais, Trapezous, Kabalaka, Mtskheta. Just dont like having some of those lands!!!! I kinda like to keep my factions small and expand where I want to!!!! So What is the cheat for the type 1 gov and the upgrading of the barracks so I can circumvent this pan caucasias (sp) reform or whatever?????

RTFM!!
    Or rather, FAQ as recommended above.
    Here's a quote FROM THE FAQ for you so you don't have to scroll:

Part1:
    -Upgrade Armavir to a Large Town
    -Build in Armavir a (market), (roads), (town_garrison)(L1 law), and (sanitize)(L1 health).
    = (Homeland resource will appear in Armavir)

Part 2:
    -Build a Type1 government in Armavir
    = (Improved government resources will appear around the Caucasus region)

Part 3:
    -Build Type3 or better governments in these cities (Armavir, Karkathiokerta, Ani-Kamah, Phraaspa, Kotais, Trapezous, Kabalaka, Mtskheta)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Amaseia and Mazaka)
    Read "Part1" again, very closely.
    It says, "Homeland resource will appear in Armavir".
    => you can build a type 1 government and then you can build a level 5 factional MIC.

The FAQ is there for a reason...

But enjoy your campaign. And pick up the habit of reading FAQs wherever they exist - or at least scan them once to judge whether they might be detailed (as EB's is) rather than ommit them assuming "that's only for dummies" or something like that.

[EDIT]
    You asked for cheats - here goes:
    toggle console with the key to the left of the "1" and above "TAB", then enter cheat code and press enter.
    Cheat codes - ommit "<<" and ">>"
    <<add_money xxxx>> (replace xxxx with desired amount)
    <<process_cq "Armavir">> (works for any settlement, just replace the name, also works for AI settlements, finishes all buildings in the construction cue)
    <<toggle_fow>> (toggles the fog of war on and off)
    <<create_unit "Armavir" "unit name" 1 1 1 1>> (creates 1 unit of (replace unit name with any unit name entry from export_descr_units.txt) with +1 armor, +1 attack and 1 experience)
    <<add_population "Armavir" xxxx>> (replace "xxxx" with desired number, "-xxxx" for removing population)
    <<give_trait "character name" "trait name" x>> (sets trait to level x, replace x with a number, for instance if you want to get rid of a "warmonger" trait the number would be -1)
    <<show_cursorstat>> (gives console output of the map coordinates the cursor is pointing at, needed for following cheat)
    <<move_character "character name" xxx,xxx>> (moves the character to the coordinates specified)

I know of no cheat for creating government resources or other buildings for that matter. But it is possible that such a command exists for romeshell - you will have to do an elaborate search.
    Good luck.
    [/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
    Figured - the EB script sets government resources, otherwise reforms would not be possible. The script works by automatically entering console commands. Thus, it might have a console command for creating government resources, unless they have something to do with Terhazza (the city in the "Eremos" region that should not be conquered because it's buildings are there to make game mechanics work). Read the script txt file (BUT DON'T OPEN IT WITH A STANDARD TEXT EDITOR, MAKE A BACKUP COPY FIRST AND THEN OPEN WITH A PROFESSONAL EDITOR such as "Notepad++" or similar freeware) and look for "homeland" - you should encounter something in a similar format as the commands posted above. That would be your government resource cheat.
    [/EDIT2]
    Last edited by Nachtmeister; 05-21-2009 at 02:11.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

.....thanks....I guess but I was well aware of the faq I just wanted to circumvent the whole process and just start with the means to recruit factional troops and I was not aware that doing the 1st step of the process would of allowed me to build up to a level 5 MIC. I thought I had to do steps 2 and 3 as well in order to upgrade The MIC past the first couple of tiers. Sorry about the miscommunication It does make sense now that in upgrading capital to type one would regardless allow you to build up to a lev 5 MIC and thanx for the help regardless!!!
    Last edited by Khazar_Dahvos; 05-21-2009 at 05:09.

Ahh, circumvention...!
    Now that is something else entirely of course. I like tactical finesse, especially when it involves calculated risks (such as potentially setting off the Nachtmeister-flame-bomb).
    As clearly demonstrated, it has been a success - the result was a moderately elaborate brain-fart directed at screwing with the game mechanics (which you will want to do if you wish to take alternate history all the way and define your own factional "lands coveted"/government markers).
    Sorry for the flame part - I misread your previous post as more lazy than it really was.
    Let me know if you find something about setting government markers - I might want to do that myself some day. Sabaean homeland in western Egypt sounds fun...
    Oh and note that the move_character command is an art in it's own right - not always will the "screen name" of a character be the "internal" name of the character; if he has three names you have to try different combinations and for some factions you have to add the faction's name as a suffix etc... There are more detailed posts around for this; do a search for "move_character" if you encounter problems, although I believe Hayasdan is one of the factions that do not have such complicated naming formulae.
    Maybe you should consider doing an AAR of that Hayasdan campaign if you change the historic homelands...?

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

The easiest method to circumvent the whole reform business would be to open the EDB, find the unit you want, and copy-paste its entries to the barracks the Hai can build to top levels at the very beginning.

Something of a pain in the ass, I can assure you from experience, but nigh certainly much less so than trying to delve into the arcane and esoteric field of modifying the complex scripts involved in the govtype markers and reforms...
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster