Thread: Colonial Mod Project

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Default Colonial Mod Project

Cute Wolf's Colony Mod:

This was just a simple mod... a mod that aims to give factions some easier acess to common rank and file troops. I also delibrately tweak the Spartans up, because they are Spartans anyway ;p and some unit has been tweaked (their stats), to give better performance too. Although this mod seem to imbalance unit distribution, some other factions that can't build colony soon will get some way to gain their unit. Thanks...

Unit Stat Changes:
    - Spartiates Hoplitai now has 2 Hp, requires 2 turn training, their cost is highly risen (5095 minai) and thir upkeep sightly (874 minai)
    - Epilektoi Hoplitai now has cheaper upkeep (624 minai), this was done to represent they are considerably cheaper than Spartans
    - Karthadastim's citizen cavalry now has better lance attack (5a 33c), sightly more exspensive (2310 minai), but has less upkeep (422 minai)
    - Dorkim Ezrahim now has 60 men in normal size, their cost adjusted (1605 minai), but their upkeep was keep intact.
    - All foot archers got 5 more arrows, this was delibrately done to give players reason to train lesser archers (such as toxotai and sotaroas)
    - Slingers got 10 more stones (including the generic pathetic militia), for obvious reasons, Balearic slingers and Rhodians got 15 more.
    - The pathetic Apeleutheroi now has 50 upkeep, so silent rebellion to your faction's cause didn't get your pocket dry because of this noob!
    - Hastati (both Cammilan and Polybian) now has their upkeep cut (both 200 minai), so they has more reason to be trained
    - Speutogordoz now had 60 men in normal size, their cost and upkeep adjusted (2410/600 minai), they are better counter to phalanx now
    - Sloxonez now has 60 men in normal size, their morale is 10, and their cost keep intact
    - Hoplitai Haploi's upkeep is sightly cheaper (177 minai)
    - Indian Longbowmen's attack increased (9 missile 9 melee), has 7 charge, 190 m range, and ap missile (now they are molesters!) cost increased 200%
    - Caucasian archers attack increased (9 missile ap). Cost increased into 1230 minai, upkeep 200 minai
    - New projectiles to represent deadlier giant arrowheads (both indian and caucasian bowmen), note: they only had 17 projectiles now...

Recruitment Change:
    - Koinon Helenon's Spartan Agoge (and hence level 5 Factional MIC) now could train Spartans anywhere in Type 1 govt
    - Koinnon Hellenon Phalangitai are now Trainable without March of Time
    - Colonial Units (Recruited from basic colony):
    Arche Seleukeia : Klerouchikoi Phalangitai, Hetairoi Aspidophoroi
    Baktria : Klerouchikoi Phalangitai, Nizagan-i Eranshar
    Hayasdan : Kardaka, Nizagan-i Eranshar ; Persia Level : Srakir Martikner, Aznvakan Aspet
    Makedonia : Klerouchikoi Phalangitai, Hippeis Thessalikoi
    Safot Softim biQarthadast : Parasim Ezrahim Ponnim
    Senatus Populusque Romanus : Polybian Hastati
    Pahlava : Nizagan-i Eranshar, Shivatir-i Pahlavanig
    Koinon Hellenon : Hoplitai, Toxotai Kretikoi
    Ptolemaioi : Toxotai Kretikoi, Klerouchikoi Phalangitai
    Epeiros : Hoplitai, Klerouchikoi Phalangitai

Note:
    - Please note that Romani got Polybian Hastati, this unit was a good unit to still have after Marian reforms I suppose... Well protected light infantry, and they are cheap... Well, you can blame me that Romans now tend to field Hastati sooner, but the Polybians are crosbreed between Camillan Princeps anyway...

I attach the zip files, simple, just copy-paste of these files into your EB folder... (Backup your original files first...)

I hope you like it... Critics needed, this was my very first mod that I made.....
    Last edited by Cute Wolf; 05-22-2009 at 13:57. Reason: Wrong file in zip..... (SORRYYYYY)

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Blog Entries

Default Re: Colonial Mod Project

Well, please give me some reply...

the universal person Member everyone's Avatar

nice idea, I was thinking of adding such a feature of recruiting factional units (e.g. Klerouchoi for the Diadochi) into my 'allied armies mod' (which unfortunately has not been updated for around 2 months since I can't find motivation to do so)

Default AW: Colonial Mod Project

Sounds interesting. I will try this mod if I have time.

Questions : Is it savegame compatible? Edu changes are, but what about export_descr_buildings_enums?

And what is this descr_projectile_new file about? Does it change the look of artillery projectiles?

Sorry for my complete lack of knowledge in moddingquestions. Ceterum censeo romam esse delendam.

Balloon Count: 4

My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrátēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotélēs

Blog Entries

the projectile_new are used to give this two archer a heavier ammo (Indian and caucasian).... They now have a really big arrows that have a size of javelin, and can easily ruin a formation (give their ammo "launching" ability)

Savegame compantible guaranteed... they're just text files anyway... but beware of playing KH.... the spartan's upkeep can easily cripple your economy (but after you struggle with it you'll get the strongest unit in this mod... Spartans)...

I have installed the mod (put the files in my EB folder). Spartans have their 2 HP, but I can not recruit them from my level I government building (Spartan Agoge) nor can I recruit Klerouchikoi Phalangitai as Mak or Hoplitai as KH in my tradeing colonies.

Only a guess, but I always thought, that the EDB (not the EDBE) is responsible for recruitment and their is no EDB file in your upload. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

EDIT: The new Indian Longbows work too. Just awesome...
    Last edited by Zett; 05-22-2009 at 13:47.

My Greek Nobles:

Blog Entries

wait.... did I zip the EDBE...? wait... i must have put a wrong file........
    Last edited by Cute Wolf; 05-22-2009 at 13:58.

Blog Entries

Wrong files repaired..... Sorry for your incovenience...

I now can recruit Hoplitai and Toxotai Kretikoi as KH with my colonies. Nice mod. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

My Greek Nobles:

Blog Entries

Good to see a statisfied face...

BTW, what should I put into use for those factions that didn't have colonial buildings?
    (Thinking about possibility to recruit Sabaeans and Pontos in Markets (They are traders anyway), Barbarians in Taverns (They love a good drink), and Nomads didn't have (They could just migrate)

The Caucasian Archers are fearsome. A completely new experience if you move with Argyraspides in phalanx formation in their direction. You formation get messed up and you will lose many men untill you reach the enemy army. But also a new experience to watch that your Caucasian archers make damage against a phalanx head on.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

8 units Caucasian Archers against 4 phalanx units (KI), they losed more then halve of their men, but still won the battle (I made a frontal charge as my archers were out of ammo, silly me)

I want to see them, when they rip apart a Legion Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

My Greek Nobles:

Blog Entries

Allready done the market recruitment.... looks for some free file hosting though...

Link isnt working