Thread: Save My Soul!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Save My Soul!

So I'm playing my Rome campaign, everythings going fine, pretty much just wrapping up conquering Spain and just killed off the Greeks. Only bad thing goin on was a sudden surge of Germans who decided to attack one of my cities but that didn't look like it would be too difficult to handle. My star general just got the "Highly Ambitious" trait and he's already the heir. The current faction leader is actually 72 years old, and is likely to die the next time he has a heavy sneeze. I go to hit end turn and CTD, reload ten times EXACTLY and each time, CTD.

All I want, the only thing, is to be able to just start a new game now, and have the imperial reforms active, and my faction leader to be called Augustus. I don't even want to try and fix whatever happened to the old game anymore. I'm practically in tears over this, then again that may be because I've been headbutting my monitor repeatedly out of rage. Anybody think they could manage that?
    All men will one day die, but not every man will truely live.

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

Default Re: Save My Soul!

You have the last fixes for 1.2, don't you?

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Darius,

if the crash is happening on your own factions end of turn it is probably a town attempting to rebel.. check the status of all your towns and use the 'add_population XXXX -4000' type of command to reduce the population if it is too high and becoming unruly... also I found that if a town has the 'field of marshal games' or any of its related upgrades present when it rebels, it can sometimes cause a ctd so try demolishing those.... you could try moving your capital temporarily closer to any rebelling towns to pacify them long enough to get past the ctd and take other steps too ... I found Tyde and Oxtraca problematical towns for this as a Roman but successfully got past the ctd's they caused

I have met two ctd situations in my current romani campaign and these steps fixed both of them so I am now at 101bc and still going ..

good luck

cheers,

Pobs
    Last edited by Pobs; 05-21-2009 at 12:01.

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

You would be advised to post this thread in the EB Bug Reports and Technical Help forum. Bovi and other helpers likely won't see your problem in the main forum.
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Pobs, if I was a woman, I'd do things to you that they don't even have names for yet. You are the man.
    All men will one day die, but not every man will truely live.

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Pobs, if I was a woman, I'd do things to you that they don't even have names for yet. You are the man.
    wow

4x
    1x