Thread: Seleukid Royal Guard Thorakitai

Default Seleukid Royal Guard Thorakitai

Sorry, I can't recall off the top of my head the real name of these guys but I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about. I can't upgrade their weapons through the blacksmith because they are classified under missile type, which is odd, as they are obviously not a missile unit. My question: I'm not good with the file tampering stuff so can anyone tell me how to fix them and make their weapons upgradeable?

Parthian Cataphract #03452 Member Zradha Pahlavan's Avatar
    Susa, near the left wing of the royal palace.

Default Re: Seleukid Royal Guard Thorakitai

These dudes, right?

Thorakitai Agematos Basilikou

Parthian Nationalist

These dudes, right?
    Yes.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Their weapon type is actually "siege", as is that of the other "post-reform" units. I don't entirely understand the details, but it's some kind of rather arcane building-related trick to control their availability date.

Anyways, all such units were given a freebie +1 to both attack scores to make up for the inability to upgrade their weapons with blacksmiths (not in the MP EDU though, where they have normal weapon types), so don't sweat it.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

What in the name of Bartix makes you think these maniacs need upgrades? What are they going to do; stick metal spikes on their shields? Darts shooting out their knee caps as they run?
    Last edited by /Bean\; 05-24-2009 at 14:57.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

... to make them shoot Bartix laser beams out of their eyes. duh....
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Talking Re: Seleukid Royal Guard Thorakitai

Quote Originally Posted by Beanerz View Post
    What in the world makes you think these maniacs need upgrades? What are they going to do; stick metal spikes on their shields? Darts shooting out their knee caps as they run?
    It is difficult to explain, but my perfectionism that follows me everywhere does not allow me to leave a single unit below full strength even by one soldier nor leave an un-upgraded unit. I simply cannot stand seeing a unit without either bronze armour or armour and weapon in an expeditionary force/legion/army.

Yeah, that's actually really true for me too....

If there's a city where I can produce the same troops as everywhere else but with one chevron or a blacksmith, I will completely depopulate the city to create that army with that ONE extra chevron.

Yes, for a fullstack thats 20 more attack and 20 more defence. Very much worth it

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

I really hope Foot wasn't joking when he said he would get rid of the blacksmith altogether in EBII. I'm the same as you guys; can't let half my army(ies) go without upgrading while the others do...no one should be able to do it.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Default AW: Seleukid Royal Guard Thorakitai

I know that feeling, but if they are all have no upgrades (even the troops that spawn after a rebellion) I have no problem with this change. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Balloon Count: 4

My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrátēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotélēs

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

I think the Swordsmith's guild system in M2TW is best used to upgrade alltogether armours and weapons... this was a must because the only diffrence between bronze and silver chevroned units is 1 attack point....

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC