Thread: Steam Down?

Fargo (Yeah, yeah, but IRL we dont talk like that here)

Default Steam Down?

Sorry, but is Steam not working for anyone else?

Nothing posted on Steam about an update or anything and no one is freaking out on the Steam fourms about it being down.
    Genius by birth, slacker by choice.
    <=== Member since 2000

I have all the morality of a drunk eight-year-old and the self-awareness of a cold bag of ham, but in my occasional windows of clarity, even I'm cognizant of the fact that I am the last person on the planet who should have access to unstoppable mental powers. -Dan O' Brian @ Cracked.com

Ja Mata, Tosa Inu

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: Steam Down?

No! It is up and I was just on…

There may have been some change made, as when I started the game I could not escape the intros. This usually takes place after a change is made in the game…

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Hmmm.

I get a Steam Updating box and progression bar. However, it says that it can not connect to Steam.

well, off to the steam fourms and help tickets. (shudder)
    <=== Member since 2000

I have all the morality of a drunk eight-year-old and the self-awareness of a cold bag of ham, but in my occasional windows of clarity, even I'm cognizant of the fact that I am the last person on the planet who should have access to unstoppable mental powers. -Dan O' Brian @ Cracked.com

Ja Mata, Tosa Inu

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Disable your firewall/wantivirus/other connection blocker programs.
    Then, when you start steam, cancelling the update will bring up steam rather than an error.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Steam wants me to install Team Fortress for free. It is a free trial for some days. Just some merchandising.
    Tosa Inu

As it turned out i finally did get Steam to work for me.

I would get a Steam Updating box that said "Cannot connect to Steam network. Try again later."

I fixed it by going into the Steam folder and deleting a file called PlayerRegistery.blob and retarting my computer.

Doing this requires you to put in your user name and password again in order to startup Steam again.

Monsieur Alphonse
    Steam wants me to install Team Fortress for free. It is a free trial for some days. Just some merchandising

If you happen enjoy first person shooters at all, I recomend trying out TF. It is alot of fun and has a kind of different attitude and humor than most FPS.
    Last edited by Phog_of_War; 05-24-2009 at 11:31. Reason: kause i kant sepll toady
    <=== Member since 2000

Ja Mata, Tosa Inu

aint working for me either :( and without that working i cant play ETW :( this is rediculous, i paid for my game why cany i play it when i want?

Check around in the Steam Help fourms. I found my solution after about 4 mins of looking.

Are you having the same problem i was having??
    <=== Member since 2000

Ja Mata, Tosa Inu