Thread: Chronic CTD's

Default Chronic CTD's

Hello. I am new to these forums, and somewhat new to EB. First off, thanks for such a great mod!! I really love it!

I am running version 1.1 of EB still, since I have a campaign or two still in the works.

My problem is this: usually within 5-10 minutes of starting to play I will get a CTD.

I am running windows vista, I just recently upgraded my video card, power supply, and RAM, and have the latest video drivers. These CTD's are making it hard, if not impossible, to enjoy a campaign, so if anyone has any advice or ideas on how to prevent them or reduce their frequency I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Default Re: Chronic CTD's

Did you see the frequent issues, and the fixes? The sticky is for 1.2, but there are fixes for 1.1 as well.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

not saving before battles as often and giving the computer a few seconds after a battle is over to cool down helps in my experience.

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

No idea whether helps or not, but disable autosave in preferences file should be somewhere in EB folder.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 06-25-2009 at 15:03.

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill