Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa barbarorum Online Tournament!

Default Europa barbarorum Online Tournament!

Europa Barbarorum Online Tournament!

Seeing the succes of the Legion vs. Phalanx tournament by Burebista I thought it would be a good idea to have a new tournament, but this time with not only Legions and Phalanxes, in other words all factions are allowed!

So will you defend the glory of Hellas? Fight for your tribe? Conquer the steppes? Show the world the glory of Rome? Join now and find out!

You’ll have to pick a faction for this tournament with which you will stick, together with others of the same faction you will be a team. We’ll keep track of battles between factions and count the wins and losses of factions, to decide which faction is most worthy of being in EB! So come now and defend your faction of choice!

General Rules:

1) EB 1.2 will be used, with all fixes installed(even though you should still be able to play without fixes).

2) Hamachi shall be used to play the battles.

Network Name: EBOT01
    Network Password: EB

Small guide for online play by Tolg which was made for the previous tournament:

Extensive Multiplayer Guide (by Tolg):

This guide is written so that anyone can understand it. Please just ignore the obvious bits.

Make sure that you have a clean install of:
    RTW + Patch 1.3 + Patch 1.5
    EB 1.1
    EB 1.2
    The EB 1.2 Fixes
    (Installed in this order)
    Check if your firewall allows RTW to access the Internet
    Download Hamachi
    Install Hamachi and read it's tutorial. It only tales ~2 minutes but helps a lot.
    a) Create a Hamachi network (press the triangul button at the bottom left of the Hamachi window, select create network, enter the name and a password and hit OK)
    b) Join the network that was created by your opponent. (The triangular button again, join network and enter name and pw of the network)
    Now it gets tricky:
    Cut your main internet connection.
    Start EB using the mp .exe and click "Multiplayer" and "Lan Battle"
    Minimize your game (Alt + Tab or Alt + Esc)
    Reenable your Internet connection
    return to the game and do as described in the previous guide (Step 8).
    [b]Don't forget to save the replay once you're done!

3) We will play at 40.000 money, when you have to much money left you can give one chevron (not more!) to some of your units to make up for that disadvantage.

4) You will only be able to pick units for your faction which are shown on the EB website with your faction of choice.

5) Try to go for Historical armies, we're playing EB after all !

6) No running through other units! Its not the EB way! :peace: In which its also meant that you can't run through enemy units and pike formations with units. Small minor mistakes or prebattle movement will be looked past but once the enemy is close then no more running units through other units.

7) Max 2 Elephants may be used, only by the factions with elephants at the EB site for your faction. (Though you barely have money for a proper army with one elephant). Using elephants also has to be announced before the battle!

8) Roman faction will have to stick with one time period army, so no Camillan units in Republican era!

9) Max 5 non EB site units for your faction, to represent foreign allies if you wish to have them in your army.

Elite Unit Rules:

Max 6 Elite units. With which you must think of elite units basicly , like elite cavalry, pikemen, swordsmen etc. If you got any question whether a unit is elite or not just ask! General Unit also counts(when you pick a elite unit ofcourse)!

Cavalry Rules:

Max 5 Cavalry, Max 3 heavy Cavalry.

Missle Unit Rules:

Max 6 Missle Units, including missle cavalry and Peltastai.

Steppe Rules(need some changes propably):

Max 20 Cavalry, Max 5 heavy Cavalry.

Max 15 Missle Units, including missle cavalry.

Jury: Replays will be posted so save your tournament battles! After which we collectively in this tread decide whether it was a legit win.

Teams:

Sweboz Team:
    Phalanx300
    Duguntz

Ptolemaioi Team:
    MButcher

Romani Team:
    Aulus Caecina Severus
    Mithick666
    spiritusdilutus

Makedonia Team:
    Maion Maroneios
    IrishHitman
    spqrtitus
    Sir_Karati

Arche Seleukeia Team:
    Fluvius Camillus
    HunGeneral

Baktria Team:
    antisocialmunkey

Pontos Team:
    Apázlinemjó
    tsidneku

Epeiros Team:
    Knight Of Heaven

Hayasdan Team:
    vartan

Koinen Hellenon Team:
    xeksirt

Quartadistim Team:
    darius_d

Getai Team:
    Maris
    mountaingoat

My faction of choice will be: The Mighty Sweboz Confederation! I was Koinen Hellenon for Sparta in the last tournament, now I’ll have to be Sweboz for my ancestors! May Teiwaz lead me to victory!
    Last edited by Phalanx300; 06-04-2009 at 18:03.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Re: Europa barbarorum Online Tournament!

Rules:
    -4 Horses, 2 heavy. Not including General(exceptions for steppe factions need to be made)
    -4 Missiles. Horses included(exceptions for steppe factions need to be made)

We need some rules about elites and steppe factions.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

Ohhhh. I wanna join....how do yah join?

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Rules:
    -4 Horses, 2 heavy. Not including General(exceptions for steppe factions need to be made)
    -4 Missiles. Horses included(exceptions for steppe factions need to be made)

We need some rules about elites and steppe factions.
    I was more thinking of max 5 Missiles Horses included.

And yes we need some special rulings on elites and steppe factions. Perhaps something like max 4 elite units?

For Steppe armies, Max 15 Missiles Horses included, Max 5 horses?

And for money, 40.000 which we used on the last tourney is a good sum of money but for cheaper factions then the Hellenic ones like the Romans and barbarians its just too much and we must avoid. 30.000 or 35.000 might do better.

Ohhhh. I wanna join....how do yah join?
    You just did . You do need to claim which faction you pick though .

I'm gonna have to go with the Epirotes. You can't go wrong with the producers of the second best hellenic general.
    Last edited by Ghaust the Moor; 05-23-2009 at 22:14.

Wait. Does this require playing against other players online? If so then I can't, because my gaming computer is not hooked up to the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaust the Moor View Post
    Wait. Does this require playing against other players online? If so then I can't, because my gaming computer is not hooked up to the internet
    Oh.. Yes it does, kindoff what online tournament means .

Unfortunately, I'm going abroad soon, and can't be in this one. Antisocialmunky need not fear my Galatians this time.
    Last edited by Gabeed; 05-23-2009 at 22:33.
    Balloons collected:
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Armenia, Vanilla BI Western Roman Empire and Berbers

Your Galatians were nice when they weren't being slaughtered to the man... Oh well, good luck and have fun.

I'll play Baktria, KH, or Imperial or Early-Mid Republic Rome... Actually I'll just go with Baktria and their general's bodygaurds of win.

PS. We should also do the 1 or 2 chevron cap with no weapon/armor upgrades. 45K is a good number through the Romans will probably end up chevronning everything.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 05-24-2009 at 00:47.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

I'm in, as Carthage.

Btw im playing on Hamachi.

I just want to kick some roman asses

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

1.1 or 1.2?

I'd like to join. But my faction is undecided for now.

Probably Averni or KH
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

I would love to represent the Ptolemaioi.

I have never played a multiplayer game before, but now sounds like the perfect time to start!

Few questions though:

My EB is rather heavily modded. Will I need to revert back to vanilla EB or just change the EDU back to normal?

And is there a guide on the basics of multiplayer games?

Quote Originally Posted by MButcher View Post
    My EB is rather heavily modded. Will I need to revert back to vanilla EB or just change the EDU back to normal?
    When I tried playing via Hamachi, I ended up doing a complete re-install after only modding
    in KH Phalangitai as recruitable without MOT...

Quote Originally Posted by MButcher View Post
    See this thread for some replays and discussion of multiplayer battles.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

Hey, Phalanx, you should try to convince the Prince of Macedon to join this.
    Balloons collected:
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Armenia, Vanilla BI Western Roman Empire and Berbers

Yes you probably should revert to the vanilla EB version, if you can change everything you've changed back to normal then do that. Otherwise its probably best to revert it.

Hey, Phalanx, you should try to convince the Prince of Macedon to join this.
    He doesn't play mods as far as I know. If you want him in you should just ask him(I can actually bet he'll ban you because he said alot that he doesn't play mods).

Wouldn't know whether he'd join with me in it, we don't really like each other.

I'll play Baktria, KH, or Imperial or Early-Mid Republic Rome... Actually I'll just go with Baktria and their general's bodygaurds of win.
    O Oh. Those guys are deadly, I gues it was with you when just them basicly decided the battle.

PS. We should also do the 1 or 2 chevron cap with no weapon/armor upgrades. 45K is a good number through the Romans will probably end up chevronning everything.
    We better not pick anything above 40K, seeing how with 40 we already have to much with non Hellenic factions. I'm actually seeing if there's a more ideal lower money level, like 30 or 35 K.
    Last edited by Phalanx300; 05-24-2009 at 10:24.

First i want to say hello to all, this is my first post here, and to say this is a wonderfull mod indeed one of the best i played for rome total war, the historic acuracy, the info. is a sweety candy on a campaing, when you keep track with history and your gameplay, even if your gameplay dont keep at passe is a very good to kown where you are in time :P. Also i liked the AI in battles most chalenging, it give me some suprises, even a battle hardned veteran like me, use to play some dificult mods like SPQR, though the mods are diferent,still aim difirent goals.I have been enjoying this mod very much, im dont have much kownleged of this mod units but i have been doing 2 campains now with the KH, and romani, on H/H,and i had some orgarms when played this campaings lol, very good thing you guys did. As for the multiplayer contest i would like to go in. i hv hamachi i did some battles online with other mods, with good results,but i think online i yet to meet my pairs...lol am i coky? :P i have a profund paxion with helenistc sarissas in the wind from makedonia,and i love those lusitani,my ancestors :) so i go for something neutro like cartage, if its ok with Jebivjetar? i promisse be carefull with friendly fire :P i like to kick some romani asses too,leave some left for me please :P Hanibal and theofones :) lol
    i have EB 1.2 vannila with fixes. but never tried EB online via hamachi. You guys may help me with that :P Best regards
    And be warned becouse Hanibal is at the doors :) best regards

hi knight, welcome.
    If you want to kick some romani asses, try to deal my monstrous manipular legion.

thanks to phalanx300, this tournament is very good thing....
    Meanwhile, we can have fun friendly matches, search in multiplayer topic your preferred network ... I am often in EB15, croatia EB and greek EB.
    I hope to have fun with you and the great generals who attend these networks.
    Proud Roman General

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

I'm going to grab Makedonia then. Note that I'll only play, if you add the following rules:
    1) No chevrons. I want pure battles.
    2) Mnai cap at least 40,000
    3) Phalanx penetration exploit is banned

Maion
    ~Maion

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Wonderful!

I will certainly join, but which faction to pick...?

I like every EB faction, but if I should choose....

I decided I would like to be the commander of the glorious armies of the Arche Seleukiea!

Splendid Idea fellow dutchmen!

~Fluvius
    Last edited by Fluvius Camillus; 05-24-2009 at 13:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    I'm going to grab Makedonia then. Note that I'll only play, if you add the following rules:

Maion
    Rome and some other factions can't spend all its money. 1 Chevron isn't too much though.

Well I take that back, Rome can get 1 unit of elephants. Elephants need to be limitted to 1 or 2 with the user havign to announce elephants in hte lobby.

PS. You might as well make pretty much all run throughs banned. And don't forget no running cavalry through thick groups of infantry. In the last tournement sometimes run throughs in the thick of battle(especially in trees) were unavoidable so if someone complains it would have to goto the judges.

Also, we could just have a player consensus instead of actual judges when issues are raised so everyone can play.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 05-24-2009 at 13:36.

when i play with maion i use upgrade(because i have too much money), but i do not know this rule.

i agree with you that walking on phalanx is unrealistic...

sorry, my apologize to you maion.

i want be as honest as i am in real life
    Proud Roman General

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

ME ME ME!!!!!! SWEBOZ Waaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!

Romans
    Hellenes
    wich ass to kick first
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

Teams? I thougth every faction would be represented by one person? Oh well...
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Mulceber!

Also, I suggest a 3-fight match for every group. First X player attacks, then Y player attacks, then both attack. The result of those two matches declares the winner. Of course, if X or Y player win twice in a row, they win.

Maion
    ~Maion

Quote Originally Posted by Aulus Caecina Severus View Post
    hi knight, welcome.
    If you want to kick some romani asses, try to deal my monstrous manipular legion.

thanks to phalanx300, this tournament is very good thing....
    Meanwhile, we can have fun friendly matches, search in multiplayer topic your preferred network ... I am often in EB15, croatia EB and greek EB.
    I hope to have fun with you and the great generals who attend these networks.

So Romani it is I gues?

Maion
    I totally agree on 3.

But 40.000 is way to much money for the non Hellenic factions, with chevrons we can balance that out. As much as I like the Hellenic factions I'm not going to give them preference. But above 40.000 its definately a no.

Best thing would either be: Settle for a lower money in order to have pure battles, settle for 40.000 with unpure units.

Wonderful!

I will certainly join, but which faction to pick...?

I like every EB faction, but if I should choose....

I decided I would like to be the commander of the glorious armies of the Arche Seleukiea!

Splendid Idea fellow dutchmen!

~Fluvius
    Another Dutchmen! So you choose to oppose the Germanic tribes? You will meet your doom in the ancient forests of Germania!

Rome and some other factions can't spend all its money. 1 Chevron isn't too much though.

Well I take that back, Rome can get 1 unit of elephants. Elephants need to be limitted to 1 or 2 with the user havign to announce elephants in hte lobby.

PS. You might as well make pretty much all run throughs banned. And don't forget no running cavalry through thick groups of infantry. In the last tournement sometimes run throughs in the thick of battle(especially in trees) were unavoidable so if someone complains it would have to goto the judges.

Also, we could just have a player consensus instead of actual judges when issues are raised so everyone can play.
    Yes but that would mean a elephant for every Romani player or else have low spent money. And if we go with EB site units. Its just not going to work out that way.

Yes, that might be best to ban running trough other units with your units.

Player consensus, great idea!

ME ME ME!!!!!! SWEBOZ Waaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!

Romans
    Hellenes
    wich ass to kick first
    We shall kick both brother!

Also, I suggest a 3-fight match for every group. First X player attacks, then Y player attacks, then both attack. The result of those two matches declares the winner. Of course, if X or Y player win twice in a row, they win.

Maion
    Yes something needs to be worked out for this. But we can better settle for non branches because that'll take too long. Its why the last tournament died out.
    Last edited by Phalanx300; 05-24-2009 at 14:57.

OK guys, we just had an epic Hellenes vs Hellenes matchup. Me (Makedonia), Knight of Heaven (Epeiros) and Jebivjetar (Baktria), vs Fluvius Camillus (Ptolemaioi), Phalanx300 (Arche Seleukeia) and ACS (Koinon Hellenon). I'm sure someone is going to upload the savegame soon. Here are a couple of shots I took from the statistics:

Maion
    ~Maion

Greetings fellow competitors!

As Maion said, an epic battle took place. Note that this is a practice fun battle where random Alexander successors battle each other. Still, you can learn from the tactical masterpieces or errors made in this grand battle.

TEAMS
    Team I = Makedonia (Maion) + Baktria (Barcid, also known as Jebivjetar) + Epeiros (Knight of Heaven)
    Team II = Arche Seleukeia (Phalanx300) + Ptolemaioi (Fluvius Camillus) + Koinon Hellenon (ACS)

Host = Maion
    Mnai = 40000
    Unit Scale = Normal (because there are 6 players)
    Map = Grassy flatland

The battle was an alliance of the Makedonians, Epeirotes and Baktrians to defeat the opposing alliance compromised of the Ptolemaioi, Arche Seleukiea and the Koinon Hellenon.

REVIEW

Phase I - The Hellenic charge
    The Ptolemaioi and the Seleukids teamed up and joined ranks. The hellene allies on the other hand massed their forces together and made a bold move to attack their Makedonian foe's. The brave hellenes charged upon the Makedonian ranks. Makedonia's allies sent cavalry support to defeat the hellenes. The Ptolemaioi and Seleukid teamed up and marched forwards. The hellenes fougth brave, but were without cavalry support. Soon the brave men were surrounded by Makedonian infantry and enemy cavalry. A falx struck the head of the Hellene leader, then the Hellenes were defeated after fierce defense.

The Hellenes are surrounded and killed.

Phase II - First Confrontation
    The Ptolemaioi and Seleukids did not hesitate, and marched forward fast, before the Makedonians and the cavalry could regroup with the Baktrians and Epeirotes. The Ptolemaioi and Seleukid joined ranks faced the joined ranks of Baktria and Epeiros. Both sides fougth hard, but the Ptolemaioi pressured the Baktrian ranks and began surrounding them, same happened at the Seleucid side with the Epeirotes. The Baktrian general lost his life and the Baktrian line began to waver. Baktria and Epeiros withdrew with the troops that could escape the twin trap. The battle took a pause then, again proceeding in skirmishing. Only the Baktrian and Hellene general were dead, the others escaped or won.

The Baktrians and Epeirotes are surrounded.

All sides regroup for the decisive confrontation

Phase III - Final confrontation
    The Ptolemaioi and Seleukids joined ranks once again, this time to face the Makedonians, who were almost at full strength, and the remnants of the Baktrians and Epeirotes. After some minor skirmishing and troop movement the final confrontation came. The Ptolemaioi and Seleukids had a hard time, both were severely weakened in cavalry from the first confrontation, Epeiros still had quite much cavalry and Makedonia also posessed a large cavalry force. Soon the Ptolemaioi and Seleukids found themselves defending their lives. The Ptolemaioi cavalry was reduced to some skirmishers and the general without retinue. The Seleukids still posessed small amounts of heavy cavalry. The phalanx still was a large mass, but the Ptolemaioi flank guard was thin. At the Seleukid flank the Elites held firm. The Ptolemaioi Thorikitai tried to attack the cavalry, who evaded direct confrontation. The numerical superiority of the three allies on the flanks slowly won. The Makedonian general bravely charged the weakening enemy lines, but lost his life in the pikes of the Ptolemaioi phalanghlitai.

The brave Makedonian general lost his life in this charge.

The Generals of the twin armies tried to kill the Epeirote general in the meantime, who also lost all his retinue, all generals were fully armoured, and wouldn't seem to die.

Duel of nobles.

Soon it was clear who were to win, the Triple bond proved to be superior over the two superpowers. Numbers kept collapsing. Makedonian and Epeirote cavalry kept pressuring but the Ptolemaioi and Seleukid troops were well trained and fought till death. The chase of the Epeirote general proved unsuccesful yet again. The phalanx of the Ptolemaioi and Seleukids was more flexilble than expected and hold well against repeated attacks from different sides. The Seleukid elites were finally defeated after an intense long fight. The phalanghlitai tried to hold and fell many foes, but there were too many. Soon the Ptolemaioi and Seleukids were in an even more desperate situation. They tried to take as many enemies with them into the grave. Yet again, the generals dueled, this time 2 generals versus 1, but the Epeirote leader had backup, finally, the Ptolemaioi leader was killed by a charge. The Seleukid lord soon faced the same fate.

Even two versus one was not enough.

The elites of the Ptolemaioi and the Seleukids were defeated by the strong soldiers of Makedonia, Epeiros and Baktria. The final troops then were surrounded, and could fight no more... The battle was done. Of the 3998 soldiers that came to defend their lands that day, only 613 were able to return home, among them the only leader that witnessed that day, and survived, the Epeirote general, who was able to return home victoriously. The combined forces of the Ptolemaioi, Seleukids and Hellenes were destroyed that day by the combined might of Makedonia, Epeiros and Baktria.

The last troops were defeated.

Ending screens:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Screen 1.

Screen 2.

REPLAY DOWNLOAD
    (This is from the Ptolemaioi view)

RAR attachment on forums
    ExcitingBattle!.rar

Zip attachment on forums
    ExcitingBattle!.zip

If you have no unpacker... filesharing site links:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Normal file from Mediafire
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5ngzem2yxnj
    Normal file from megupload
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VDMHFYV5

~Fluvius
    Last edited by Fluvius Camillus; 05-25-2009 at 16:04.

1x From Mulceber!

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    He doesn't play mods as far as I know. If you want him in you should just ask him(I can actually bet he'll ban you because he said alot that he doesn't play mods).

Wouldn't know whether he'd join with me in it, we don't really like each other.
    haha, I know, I was joking.
    Balloons collected:

About when will this probeably start?

I would join if it was a bit farther away(pluss I don't use Hamachi, but might try it).

Although my heart and soul would fight for the nomads, there simply too complicated to fight with in Multiplayer (as much as I know) so if possible i would go with the Arche Seleukeia.
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

What EB channel(s) should we use?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast