Thread: Campaign & Battle Map Models

Gone fishing......(got eaten by a SHARK instead)....

Default Campaign & Battle Map Models

Hello. I've got an idea about changing the campaign map & battle map models of the faction leaders & faction heirs of a particular faction. I guess that you have played the vanilla Alexander expansion of vanilla Rome : Total War. In that Alexander had a different model on the campaign as well as the battle map. ......
    I m thinking that why don't we do the same for EB for all factions (or Macedonians atleast) by using the Alexander model files in the Alexander expansion.....Rest of the family members can be represented by the original model....... When a family member becomes a faction heir or a faction heir becomes a faction leader we can use scripted events to change their respective models.....

I guess, the engine has the capability for this as it did that in Alexander......

Now, the only problem is that I am not even a novice modder, otherwise I would've attempted this project.............
    So are their any modders who can attempt this ???????

Default Re: Campaign & Battle Map Models

can any modder help me in this......which files I have to copy from alexander expansion.......

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

This is the thing you are looking for, methinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Dol Guldur View Post
    Specifics of Modding Alexander - Total War

I could not find a thread or forum dedicated to the specifics of Alexander - Total War so I thought I'd start one here. I will - in time (hopefully) - list all the unique features of Alexander and how to mod them. But do feel free to help or take over as my time is very limited these days ;)

Alex:TW has some nice features, especially for perhaps the more heroic/mythical/fantasy mods out there and it would be good to see its moddability placed in such a Guide.

Unique Features List

* Alexander draws off of RTW and not BI (you do not even need BI installed), though you do need to make sure RTW is patched to 1.5 before installing Alexander. So BI features (swimming, shieldwall, schiltrom, loyalty, religion, night battles etc.) are not inherent within it.

* Victory conditions can state a "survivor" which requires that a specific unique character survive in order for that faction to remain in the game; the designated survivor needs to be the faction leader. The condition works when written as follows:

InternalFactionName
    alexander Region1 Region2 etc.
    take_regions NumberOfRegions
    survivor Alexander
    script world/maps/campaign/alexander/Alexander_Campaign_Outro_Script.txt

* Mercs can be designated as faction-specific in the campaign merc pool file

* DMB model entries increased from RTW/BI's 250 max (to at least 330)

* AI can be instructed in the DS file not to attack certain factions (unless at war already)

* Immortality trait can ensure that named characters do not die of natural causes

* Generals can be assigned unique strat map and battlemap models as well as custom portraits

* AI factions can be coded to not attack certain other factions (unless first attacked)

Specifics of modfolder setup

* make sure you include the chat_filter.san file in your modfolder's data folder

* TBC

Non-Alexander Features that can be used in Alexander

* Shadowing
    * Re-emergence
    * Loyalty
    It is hard to find an alex modder, luckily we have ALEX EB team, you can ask them, just find their list in ALEX EB submod link.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 05-26-2009 at 08:25.

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    This is the thing you are looking for, methinks...

It is hard to find an alex modder, luckily we have ALEX EB team, you can ask them, just find their list in ALEX EB submod link.
    Thanks Atra
    Dude, let me try this thread & if I am successfully able to mod it than, you'll find a mod on this.......
    Any new suggestions or help are more than welcome........

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

Hardcodes are same with RTW, only we have extra models.
    No re-emergence, no shieldwall, no hording,
    but you can have night battles.
    That is the only beginning info for alex. Of course you can copy and paste general's textures to see original skin for them.

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

I am currently playing Maksimus's EAEM & there Pergamnon have different models of general than the Eleutheroi......He borrowed the models from RTR.........& he replaced the boring eleutheroi model of vanilla EB with better models who look more like generals.......