Thread: Recruted General and changing Gvt type

Question Recruted General and changing Gvt type

Hi,

I've a question about Recruted Generals and changing the goverment type.

In Crete i've got a TypeIV Gvt with a recruted General as a governor. Now I want to build Lvl4 native MIC so I can train Cretan archers. I figured out that i need a type II or III Gvt for that, but will my General become an 'Imposter' then?
    Last edited by Sabazios; 05-25-2009 at 01:59. Reason: i said i want to build Lvl4 regional MIC but i meant native

Default Re: Recruted General and changing Gvt type

Yes, he will become an impostor if ruling anything other than a type IV government...
    You should move him out of the settlement and use him for another type IV somewhere else - or you could also use him as a relatively mobile field general/watchtower builder...
    You *are* playing Koinon Hellenon, right?
    In that case, I advise using him for "errand duty" because your factional generals are rather slow on the campaign map ("short range" per turn). Depending on whether he has great traits (athenian, mining master, great architect, tax genius, etc) or bad traits (extravagant, masturbates more than he attends government business, disloyal, anti-social brat, etc) you might also consider charging him frontally into an enemy sarissa phalanx (hellenistic mercenary generals cost roughly a large town's seasonal income per turn, over 1000 mnai).
    If you play KH, upon taking Krete, you should immediately build a type I if you can afford it; if not, a type III for trade bonus to be replaced by a type I when you have all of hellas...

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

So if i undestand it correctly, i can send Recruted Generals wich have been governing TypeIV to other TypeIV cities without giving them bad traits?

In that case I think I'll build a TypeII and ship him to (soon to fall) Pergamum. He's got some nice managing skills, so i I'd like to keep him.

One more question, do they keep the extra influence they get from the retraining (again) or is that limited to the city they are recruited?

I'm playing Epeiros by the way.

?
    They don't gain influence by re-training at all...
    The "client ruler" trait is what gives them influence, apart from other "normal" general-influence, which is also trait-related.
    The "client ruler" trait is permanent once they get it - unless you manually "cheat" it away. So yes, they will keep the influence.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

that makes sense, i always linked it with retraining

thx again

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmeister View Post
    Yes, he will become an impostor if ruling anything other than a type IV government...
    You should move him out of the settlement and use him for another type IV somewhere else - or you could also use him as a relatively mobile field general/watchtower builder...
    You *are* playing Koinon Hellenon, right?
    In that case, I advise using him for "errand duty" because your factional generals are rather slow on the campaign map ("short range" per turn). Depending on whether he has great traits (athenian, mining master, great architect, tax genius, etc) or bad traits (extravagant, masturbates more than he attends government business, disloyal, anti-social brat, etc) you might also consider charging him frontally into an enemy sarissa phalanx (hellenistic mercenary generals cost roughly a large town's seasonal income per turn, over 1000 mnai).
    If you play KH, upon taking Krete, you should immediately build a type I if you can afford it; if not, a type III for trade bonus to be replaced by a type I when you have all of hellas...
    No no no, i must disagree here... A general who masturbate a lot means that he didn't forgot completly about his sexual life and so prove that he is still rationalist about the order of priority in things of the life!
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

Quote Originally Posted by Duguntz View Post
    No no no, i must disagree here... A general who masturbate a lot means that he didn't forgot completly about his sexual life and so prove that he is still rationalist about the order of priority in things of the life!
    Just to clarify: I didn't mean "a lot is too much"; I meant "so much that he is not useful for the empire because he does it to the exclusion of all else".
    Granted, if he first developed a "mojo-to-taxrevenue-converter" and then gained the "masturbates constantly" trait, he would be a highly likely candidate to become the new faction heir...

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmeister View Post
    Just to clarify: I didn't mean "a lot is too much"; I meant "so much that he is not useful for the empire because he does it to the exclusion of all else".
    Granted, if he first developed a "mojo-to-taxrevenue-converter" and then gained the "masturbates constantly" trait, he would be a highly likely candidate to become the new faction heir...

hmmm that is still to be seen...

well i missunderstood your statement, Masturbate too muce to be of any use, that's what we modernly call Teenager period, but when you're a governor, that's kinda bothering for the empire...
    OVERTHROWING the governement because of masturbing prowess and sessions! but that proves that he's a rank up all those INSANE politicals without any judgement for the real needs of their bodily attribute... ha, What world ar we in...
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

Why would he masturbate when he has money for prostitutes?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

some men have odd preferences..... maybe he has been bored with his hetaira hyperkalles?

BTW... how to create a GU recruitment that didn't envolve into Client ruler / Allied general?

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Inappropriate off-topic thread.