Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch?

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Question Sasquatch?

There was a recent post on fears where Monk understandably mentioned that he was a bit spooked by the Big Guy and I wanted to know what people thought about this thing? Real? Not real? Got any stories??

I live in the very heart of the Bigfoot Country in Southern British Columbia; not far from Sasquatch Provincial Park actually.

I've never acutally seen one or found any tracks, but very interestingly about 5 years ago I was out in my kayak on Harrison Lake at dusk and I heard that raskal calling out plain as could be. It was very spooky + even though it was too dark to see anything I have no doubt what it was; I've never heard such a sound before (or since).

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Post Re: Sasquatch?

Wow, calm down, buddy.

It was a bear. It's always a bear.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sasquatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Megas Methuselah View Post
    Wow, calm down, buddy.

It was a bear. It's always a bear.
    Megas is the sasquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quiet, platypus-boi.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Of course it exists, much more fun. If you for for a hike you need campfire story's.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    There was a recent post on fears where Monk understandably mentioned that he was a bit spooked by the Big Guy and I wanted to know what people thought about this thing? Real? Not real? Got any stories??

I live in the very heart of the Bigfoot Country in Southern British Columbia; not far from Sasquatch Provincial Park actually.

I've never acutally seen one or found any tracks, but very interestingly about 5 years ago I was out in my kayak on Harrison Lake at dusk and I heard that raskal calling out plain as could be. It was very spooky + even though it was too dark to see anything I have no doubt what it was; I've never heard such a sound before (or since).
    I live in Western Washington, near the Cascades. And I just can't say with certainty that it doesn't exist. There's so much land, so much forest, out there...
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

There are local legends that pertain to him even as far east as Ohio. Every now and then you'll hear stories of people who saw "something" in the western part of the state.

Whether he exists or not I dunno, but I can tell you my fear of him is very real. I wouldn't want to run into him on a dark night off the trail.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Hanging with the Sasquatch; always fascinated me that a human-like primate could be out there. I've seen some tv programs of people trying to prove/disprove sightings, and even though some have been shown to be hoaxes others have not. The terrain is so rugged & remote that anything is possible.

Don't y'all have Sasquatch Festivals up there? Maybe they can be lured out with some good old foot stomping music and a big bag of slim-jims? we need a dancing sasquatch smiley
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

If a wild animal doesn't want to be found you won't see it. Even in the netherlands we have wild bobcats for example, but the chance of actually seeing one is zero to none and we hardly have any forest, much unlike the US.
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-25-2009 at 13:39.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

i think its possible that it exists, but i also think many of the sightings have been faked.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Don't be stupid, everyone knows the Loch Ness Monster is the only legendary creature that actually exists.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    i think its possible that it exists, but i also think many of the sightings have been faked.
    That's really the disappointing aspect to many of these sort of stories. So many have been faked it nearly discredits the entire idea. IMO the possibility is quite real (as testament to my emotions on the subject!), it's just mind boggling that so little evidence has been found after all this time. Is it really that hard to find some kinda carcass? Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    That's really the disappointing aspect to many of these sort of stories. So many have been faked it nearly discredits the entire idea. IMO the possibility is quite real (as testament to my emotions on the subject!), it's just mind boggling that so little evidence has been found after all this time. Is it really that hard to find some kinda carcass? Apparently.
    wasnt it the same for the loch ness monster?
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

The thing with the loch ness monster is that there are similar creatures reported in lakes in Turkey and South Africa. Could be true, probably not, but it's nice to have these little mysteries.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Not only does bigfoot exist, he has needs.

A man who claims that he was molested by Bigfoot as a child was ordered to serve 20 years in prison yesterday for his own molestation-related activities. [...] Morrill told an investigator preparing his pre-sentence report about being sexually assaulted by the legendary Bigfoot, a North American folklore character said to be between 7 and 10 feet tall, and covered in dark brown or dark reddish hair. Patton said Morrill really believes the assaulted happened.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Unless they bury their dead somehow.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

If there really is an undiscovered large primate in the Pacific Northwest, I look forward to seeing hard evidence. Short of irrefutable physical evidence, however ...

Blog Entries

Who knows? I'm not going to say it can't exist, because it really could. But I'm not going to say it does exist.. I don't know.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

People need to stop hunting after that poor creature and let him/her live in peace.

What I really want to know is what on earth this is.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Post Re: Sasquatch?

Btw, that picture in the OP is taken from a supposed video of the Sasquatch. Funnily enough, it was female, it had floppy breasts, and it sort of walked funny.

It also had these weird eye slits that suggested the whole thing might have been an elaborate costume.

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

Ok you might not be able to find a huge ape in an american woodland but...

...this for a second...

...there are 'bigfoot' legends all over the world and active 'sightings' too...

...so...

...if there was such a thing, dont you think that it would have been discovered in at least one of those locations?

My explanation is simple:

a) Bigfoot, much like 18 year old virgin girls, doesn't exist. They are a figment of our imagination.

However there is a really good expanation why our imagination spawns 'bigfoot' and 'goblins' etc...

Until very recently our ancestors cohabited this planet with a plethora of other hominids and primates. There were apes at least twice the size of a gorilla and hominids half our size. Some of these things were so big that they would scare the living out of our ancestors when they met them in the forest and some of these things were small and agile enough that would perhaps live off trying to steal our supplies and being a nuisance. Hence Bigfoot, Goblins etc etc...

Consequently I theorise that the fear of such primates is hardcoded into our DNA.
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

My hypothesis about those sasquatch, yeti, and other humanoid's caracass...

Maybe we allready find them, a lot of them, but because they resemblance human too close... they are landed in police forensic department as "unidentifiable corpse", or "murder / accident victim"..... especially when their caracass is allready rotten....

I remember, there was a story in my country, about an "unidentifiable corpse" that turns out to be dead orang utan (after lot of investigation)

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinseikhaan View Post
    Shinseikhaan-san, I gotta admit I also think a great deal about the Bloop. It's right up there with other great mysteries of our era.
    Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinseikhaan View Post
    There's a whole host of unidentified sounds. The Upsweep one sounds like the Warcraft monster spawn sound.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rasoforos View Post
    a) Bigfoot, much like 18 year old virgin girls, doesn't exist. They are a figment of our imagination.
    The second part of that is untrue, but rest assured I'm doing my best to make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rasoforos View Post
    Then I only have three months to avoid being legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    The second part of that is untrue, but rest assured I'm doing my best to make it true.

agreed.
    i think only a few of the girls in my school over 18 arent virgins.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Over my school, out of... say 27 gals, I can only imagine 5 or 6 that might not be virgins.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Sasquatch?

If you really see a Sasquatch, you must have the guts to shoot it down and recover the cadaver. Photos or video footage will never solve the mystery. A new species that's to be described scientifically must be killed to be anatomically investigated, like it or not.

Now that I think about it the whole Bigfoot thing is complete rubbish. When there are no smaller apes able to live in the area, what should a giant sasquatch live on? Does it eat the trees or what? Or is it a predator, scaring bears and mooses to death?
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 05-26-2009 at 22:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Of course it exists, much more fun. If you for for a hike you need campfire story's.
    Silly plain 'ol me thinks that Fragony nailed the whole thing right there...
    After all, it is much more fun and cool. What more could we possibly ask for?!?

- Cheers
    ----------
    The Yeti lives! If not, show me absolute proof for it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast