Thread: Dear AI, please don't abandon your newly conquered territories...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dear AI, please don't abandon your newly conquered territories...

I've only reached 102nd turn or so in my post-patch campaign so far - not much time to play the game. I saw this happen in earlier turns, but was awe-struck by the AI's incompetence in holding on to new territory in the last four turns.

Here's what happened: a Russian stack took Dagestan, then Georgia (empty, because it foolishly sent its stacks to attack my army in Azerbaijan) , then Armenia (where the Ottomans had only two units). Then seeing Baghdad empty, it declared war on the Italian States (my protectorate, to whom I gifted the province) and promptly invaded while my 2nd Indian Expeditionary Force (I wish we could name the stacks, not just the units...) was patrolling Azerbaijan (gifted to my protectorate Hannover).

What the AI missed was the new 13 point resistance penalty, along with the religious discontent in Dagestan. All three territories - Dagestan, Georgia and Armenia, rebelled one turn apart from each other. And my 20-unit full stack naturally wiped out the 6-unit depleted Russian stack in Baghdad...

Lesson that needs to be learned by CA: Ahem, you made expansion more difficult for the player, but even more difficult for the AI... The AI should learn to turtle, not blitz, to actually mount a challenge to the human AI.

Note that this isn't the only time I've seen this happen. Crimea rose from ashes, and so did Poland. But the three region rebellion was a sight to see...
    Last edited by anweRU; 05-25-2009 at 18:34.
    Ancestry: Turkish & Irish. Guess my favorite factions!