Thread: Question about Recruitment...

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

Default Question about Recruitment...

Hi everyones! It's not my first thread nor my firat post, so I'll guess that majority know that I'm a huge Sweboz fan... I have one question concerning them :

There's a mercenary unit wich too many ''W'' 's in the name to remember it properly, all i know is that they're uber powerful wild men that refuse to die in any circumstence, wearing a wolf pelt and axe, recruitable in germania. The wild wolf-men i'll Call them!

is there any way or any provinces in wich I can recruit these maniacs? I heard ther were worshipper of Wotan... is it by constrcting the last LVL of wotan temple in a certain province? or are they really only mercenary?

I mean, they're really usefull... aP axes, fear inducing, a charge of 10, and boost nearby units... it's a kind of less powerfull German version of Gaesate, with AP!

So can anyone tell me if there's a way (appart of modding, coz I'm a real shit with comp. in general) to recruit them?

Thanks and cheers to all!
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Talking Re: Question about Recruitment...

I always thought they were mercenary-only, but apparently according to EDU, the Sweboz can recruit them. I checked the Recruitment Viewer, but they are not there. Nevertheless, RV is outdated. So who knows

Does anyone know the file in the EB Data folder that says where a unit can be recruited?

Default Re: Question about Recruitment...

I would like to know that too, those guys do awesome job on the flanks.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

I read once (I don't remember where although) that these guys were recruitable in only one province, close to the capital swebolandam.... So i suppose that as they're fanatics of Wotan, it's by religious building that we aquire them... i guess that one way to see it is to build the max lvl temple of Wotan in every provinces... so we'd be fixed... but... then it's only supposition and it'd take a lot of time just to know that lil info.

Nothing is sure though... Can a modder who knows where we can recruit them (if it's possible) would have the kingness to enlight us, poor swebi, with their light?
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

They are available as mercenaries only in eastern and northern Germanic provinces (Swebolandam, Rugolandam, Silengolandam, Kimbrolandam, Auwjogotanoz and Skandza). I managed to get one unit of these guys in my Makedonia campaign

Edit: I think the Wodan fanatics are not the Worgozez but the Woithiz Watha, yet another unit of Germanic nutjobs. Wouldn't be too surprised if the Worgozez didn't have any religion at all.
    Last edited by athanaric; 05-23-2009 at 16:50.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Question about Recruitment...

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post
    I always thought they were mercenary-only, but apparently according to EDU, the Sweboz can recruit them.
    The EDU does not determine recruitment, only availability (that is: whether they are available in custom battle and whether they will join your side if you bribe them). It is the EDB that determines whether a faction can recruit a unit.

Unfortunately, I haven't got EB installed here, so I cannot look it up for you.
    Last edited by Ludens; 05-23-2009 at 18:56.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Post Re: Question about Recruitment...

Checking EDB....

No mention of Wargozes in EDB. Ctrl+F-ed for Wargozes and Germanic Mercenary Shock Infantry. Did all possible combinations, still nothing. Looks liek one cannot recruit them. I would not be surprised. They are not supposed to be recruitable or trainable. Their description says so. One must go into deep forests to find them, not build barracks in towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    The EDU does not determine recruitment, only availability (that is: whether they are available in custom battle and whether they will join your side if you bribe them). It is the EDB that determines whether a faction can recruit a unit.

Unfortunately, I haven't got EB installed here, so I cannot look it up for you.
    haaaa, could you check it whenever you got a PC with EB? I'd do it myself, but I really don't know how...

Checking EDB....

No mention of Wargozes in EDB. Ctrl+F-ed for Wargozes and Germanic Mercenary Shock Infantry. Did all possible combinations, still nothing. Looks liek one cannot recruit them. I would not be surprised. They are not supposed to be recruitable or trainable. Their description says so. One must go into deep forests to find them, not build barracks in towns.
    you... ended... up... ALL HOOOOOOOPE...

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

One must go into deep forests to find them, not build barracks in towns.
    This is your answer. They are not recruitable from any Swêboz barracks, unless you manage to mod them in.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

Talking Re: Question about Recruitment...

Quote Originally Posted by Duguntz View Post
    you... ended... up... ALL HOOOOOOOPE...
    I get that quite a lot actually. I am always that guy in life who ruins people's plans with a certain statement backed by logic, facts, or science.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    unless you manage to mod them in.
    I believe can do this for you, Duguntz, although this will be highly inaccurate.

I get that quite a lot actually. I am always that guy in life who ruins people's plans with a certain statement backed by logic, facts, or science.

I believe can do this for you, Duguntz, although this will be highly inaccurate.
    Really? you'd be my hero and your memory would never be forgoten by any member of my coming generations

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

I am quite sure the mighty Wargozez are mercenary only...
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

It may help export_units:

¬----------------

{germanic_infantry_wargoz} Worgōzez (Wild Mercenary Infantry)

{germanic_infantry_wargoz_descr}
    \n\nImpetuous\nHardy\nExpert at Hiding in Woods\n\nWorġōzez\n(WOR-ghō-zez, "Those who deserve Strangulation”)\n\nThe forests of Germania, dense and expansive are home to all sorts of wild and dangerous beasts, including those of the human variety. Wargōzez, whose name can also mean "Wolves," or "Outlaws" are predatory Indo-European warriors who are outcasts from regular society sometimes as exiles and criminals, sometimes by choice, and oftentimes young men seeking to prove themselves in accordance to extremely ancient customs. These men live deep within the woods that shield and blanket Germania, an ideal enviroment for hiding and preserving all sorts of ancient traditions, untainted by external forces and influences now becoming more and more commonplace in Germania via trade and military expansion. They fend for themselves in this harsh and unforgiving enviroment much in the same way as the wild beasts, so feared and respected they are sometimes emulated throughout Germania and indeed Europe as a whole.\n\nThey use equipment and tools that will understandably become more and more makeshift as time goes on as the more common utensils from societies left behind begin to fade, wear and break. These men look after themselves, living out a true and ancient ideal of self sufficency and independance seen throughout the Ancient world and likely drawing its origins from a Proto-IndoEuropean tradition and possibly even prehistoric, pre-IndoEuropean traditions.\n\n
    Living in small groups made up of individuals from all over the class spectrum, for all sorts of reasons, these young men will have spent many years surviving in the wilderness and will have as a consequence become very vicious, efficient and arguably quite mentally ill due to their isolation from regular society. What sets these men apart from other wild men who undoubtably existed in Europe for a very long time, is their use of wolf symbolism.\n\n
    The wolf is a proud, vicious and cunning pack hunter animal, an expert at survival, whose striking aesthetic and haunting howls will have understandably captured the imagination of man since the moment they encountered the beast for the first time. So it is no surprise that over time perhaps through superstition, perhaps through an understanding of the power of psychology on the battlefield or perhaps for simple camoflage and practicality, that men would don the skins of wolves and attempt to emulate these fierce beasts on the battlefield, altering their aesthetic and also their mental state to give themselves an edge in combat.
    These packs of man-wolves are outrageously vicious and aggressive in combat, stalking their prey through the trees and tall grass before choosing to make their attack, howling and roaring as they make their presence known on the battlefield. They swiftly charge towards their enemies with their weapons trained on their opponents faces, necks and limbs, perhaps after hurling a devestating volley of javelins whose accuracy will have become impeccable from years of hunting to survive. After combat the more peculiar and perhaps disturbing habits of these men can be witnessed in the drinking of the blood of enemies, perhaps even their own blood, possibly cannibalism, self mutilation, and of course: howling.\n\n
    It is not surprising to learn that these very ancient style warriors will have gained the attention and respect of wealthy Germanic lords, and later on Roman Emperors (such as Trajan) who would seek to hire and use these men to fight their enemies and expand their territories.\n\n
    Of course, it comes at a price, such individualisitc warriors will not work for just anyone, they will expect good pay and one will have to venture deep into the forests of Germania to find them, risking ambushes from all sorts of potential enemies as one travels, however, once located and hired, these terrifying mercenaries could be exactly what an ambitious Emperor, King or Warlord requires in order to successfully expand his or her borders or defeat his or her foes.

{germanic_infantry_wargoz_descr_short}
    Wild Mercenary Infantry are predatory Indo-European warriors who are "Wolves" or "Outlaws" from regular society, sometimes by choice, and oftentimes young men seeking to prove themselves in accordance to extremely ancient customs.

EDU:

;531
    type germanic infantry wargoz
    dictionary germanic_infantry_wargoz ; Wargoz
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type General_1
    soldier germanic_infantry_wargoz, 30, 0, 1.15
    mount_effect elephant -2, chariot +2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, hide_long_grass, very_hardy, frighten_foot, mercenary_unit
    formation 1.2, 1.6, 2.4, 3.2, 3, square
    stat_health 1, 1
    stat_pri 8, 10, javelin, 31.5, 2, thrown, simple, piercing, spear, 10 ,1
    stat_pri_attr prec, thrown
    stat_sec 12, 10, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, axe, 0 ,0.165
    stat_sec_attr ap
    stat_pri_armour 2, 15, 3, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 3
    stat_ground 0, 0, 2, 0
    stat_mental 16, impetuous, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 2633, 658, 50, 70, 2633
    ownership germans, slave

It is not present in EDB so it must be just mercenary.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 05-26-2009 at 15:01.

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill