Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Some help with Getia.

  1. #1
    Member Member PaxGetia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    9

    Default Some help with Getia.

    I have installed EuropaBarbarorum, last week so i'm a noob i started the roman campain after 30or 40 seasons in each turn i get about 30000 to 40000 coins same think with the macedonians, after that i started the Getai campain well here is a problem i own about 20 regions, market(latest upgrade available in each town) 2 trading ports(olbia and kallatis),no rebel armies blocking my trade routs, and just to armies made by cheap units(skirmishers,drapnai,light cavalry and komatai archers) and i get about 2000-3000 per seson,the largest cityes(Ak-Ink,Eburonum,Sarmizegetusa) Minor Cities have avout -1500 and i don't get i have market,river port,2 or 3 units of local defenders, the little face near the city name is green.
    need some help please :)

  2. #2
    Haruhiist Member Zett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Republik Freies Wendland
    Posts
    244

    Default AW: Some help with Getia.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaxGetia View Post
    I have installed EuropaBarbarorum, last week so i'm a noob i started the roman campain after 30or 40 seasons in each turn i get about 30000 to 40000 coins same think with the macedonians, after that i started the Getai campain well here is a problem i own about 20 regions, market(latest upgrade available in each town) 2 trading ports(olbia and kallatis),no rebel armies blocking my trade routs, and just to armies made by cheap units(skirmishers,drapnai,light cavalry and komatai archers) and i get about 2000-3000 per seson,the largest cityes(Ak-Ink,Eburonum,Sarmizegetusa) Minor Cities have avout -1500 and i don't get i have market,river port,2 or 3 units of local defenders, the little face near the city name is green.
    need some help please :)
    Mines. They will help your economy. Also, a screenshot of your income and expenditures would be nice (the one you get at the beginning of your turn). Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    Last edited by Zett; 05-27-2009 at 07:05.


    Balloon Count: 4

    My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrtēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotlēs

  3. #3
    Captain of Team Awesome Member Ignopotens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: AW: Some help with Getia.

    The Getai have a less-sophisticated economy than Rome or the Greeks. During the end of my last campaign I was only pulling about 5000 mnai per turn even though I controlled everything from Northern Italy to Antioch.

    Mines do help, but having larger cities in your homeland would, too.
    The Lord of Fire


  4. #4
    Member Member PaxGetia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    [IMG]httphttp://www.imagehousing.com/image.php?file=https://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5841/98203b4d4edc3a5415b3ba0.jpg&file_thumb=https://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5841/98203b4d4edc3a5415b3ba0.th.jpg[/IMG]

    i don't have enough money for mines :)

  5. #5
    Captain of Team Awesome Member Ignopotens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Fixed
    Oh now I see the solution is quite simple. Conquer more of Greece :)

    The Central European cities don't have nearly the earning potential of Greece, and once you take all of Greece, it's not even a front but a rear area for you. That would solve your economic troubles pretty easily. It might be in your interest to let a couple of your border towns rebel if you find you can't hold them while you move into Greece.
    Last edited by Ignopotens; 05-27-2009 at 18:11.
    The Lord of Fire


  6. #6
    That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lower Peninsula, Michigan
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignopotens View Post
    Fixed


    Oh now I see the solution is quite simple. Conquer more of Greece :)

    The Central European cities don't have nearly the earning potential of Greece, and once you take all of Greece, it's not even a front but a rear area for you. That would solve your economic troubles pretty easily. It might be in your interest to let a couple of your border towns rebel if you find you can't hold them while you move into Greece.
    This would be my first recommendation.

    Secondly, put settlements with less than ~8000 population in low tax rate and build as many health buildings as you can. This way, they will grow quite fast, produce more tax income, and get to the upgrade populations (2000, 6000, 12000, etc.) more quickly.

    Your army upkeep actually seems pretty low. However, I would still recommend that you use low-cost, high-number units for garrison troops (like Lugoae and Akontistai) and move the rest of your troops to the front.

    Even though you may not have built any mines, you still hold some settlements with mines. Search your family tree for those that have the trait "Miner" and appoint them as governors in the relevant settlements. Do this for trade-related traits in cities with ports as well.

    The Getai roster has some great units to go raiding with. Form a group containing a few elite units (assuming you have access to them: Agema Orditon, Epilektoi Komatai, Tarabostes, and a general) and go attack a few of the enemy's largest cities. Enslave the population and completely raze the settlement and you can easily gain 30-40000 mnai from just one settlement.

    Last, but certainly not least: are you running the script? I see your adviser is patiently waiting for a click...
    + =

    3x for this, this, and this

  7. #7
    Member Member PaxGetia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    thanks for responses :) but i conquered the GreekCities(they pissed me off),half of central europe and northern Italy and now im on my way to Rome,i get about 5500 per turn with a huge army upkeep.

    [IMG] http://www.imagehousing.com/image.ph...e5be31f.th.jpg [/IMG]

    tnx for the info.
    i have another problem: i besieged Ivavoaeta but every time i win the battle the game crushes :(
    Last edited by PaxGetia; 05-27-2009 at 21:17.

  8. #8
    That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lower Peninsula, Michigan
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Wow, all within one day? That's pretty impressive.

    Personally, I would take Crete, Byzantium, and Rhodes. Some great trading to be gotten from those places.

    As for the after-battle crashes: post a new thread in the EB Bug Reports and Technical Help forum and I'm sure bovi and others will be happy to help you.

    And I want to make sure: are you enabling the script? At the beginning of each session of EB, are you clicking on the adviser and pressing the "show me how" button? This is rather important if you want to experience all of EB...
    Last edited by DaciaJC; 05-27-2009 at 21:24.
    + =

    3x for this, this, and this

  9. #9
    Member Member PaxGetia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontline1944 View Post
    Wow, all within one day? That's pretty impressive.

    Personally, I would take Crete, Byzantium, and Rhodes. Some great trading to be gotten from those places.

    As for the after-battle crashes: post a new thread in the EB Bug Reports and Technical Help forum and I'm sure bovi and others will be happy to help you.

    And I want to make sure: are you enabling the script? At the beginning of each session of EB, are you clicking on the adviser and pressing the "show me how" button? This is rather important if you want to experience all of EB...
    lol Crete,Byzanium and Rhodes after i smash the romans:) in rome total war,there are 4 main city clusters, Greek cities,Italian cities,Egiptian cities and Chartage cities after you take this cluster of cities finishing off the rest of the map is much easier.

  10. #10
    Captain of Team Awesome Member Ignopotens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Doesn't look like you need much help, though I've never conquered that far north, myself :P
    The Lord of Fire


  11. #11
    Member Member Nachtmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    386

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Everytime you start a campaign or load a savegame, you must click on the advisor and then follow the instructions he gives you. If you do not do this, the campaign is too easy because the AI factions are bancrupt.
    (You might as well toggle the console and type "give_all", then "god", then "give_doubleBFG"...)

    This is in order to start the EB campaign script, a set of automatic console commands to change a lot about the way the game presents itself. With the script, years have four seasons, certain rebel cities can not be conquered without a certain faction declaring war on you, the AI gets a big amount of money every turn so that it recruits troops and your generals will get lots of traits, some good, some bad, depending on how realistically you play them.
    Without the script, EB is like Vanilla RTW with different units.

    I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

  12. #12
    Member Member PaxGetia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmeister View Post
    Everytime you start a campaign or load a savegame, you must click on the advisor and then follow the instructions he gives you. If you do not do this, the campaign is too easy because the AI factions are bancrupt.
    (You might as well toggle the console and type "give_all", then "god", then "give_doubleBFG"...)

    This is in order to start the EB campaign script, a set of automatic console commands to change a lot about the way the game presents itself. With the script, years have four seasons, certain rebel cities can not be conquered without a certain faction declaring war on you, the AI gets a big amount of money every turn so that it recruits troops and your generals will get lots of traits, some good, some bad, depending on how realistically you play them.
    Without the script, EB is like Vanilla RTW with different units.
    i click show me how button and the advisor icon retreats,and nothing hapens and also i cant hear him talking

  13. #13

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaxGetia View Post
    i click show me how button and the advisor icon retreats,and nothing hapens and also i cant hear him talking
    If you did that every time you loaded the campaign, you'll be ok. The adviser won't do anything apart from being clicked on and loading the script. The latter you just don't notice that easily.

    Good luck with your filthy, underdeveloped tribe evergrowing empire-to-be,

    Andy
    Last edited by Andy1984; 05-28-2009 at 12:01.
    from plutoboyz

  14. #14
    Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    7,967

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Needs MOAR conquest. And raids.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

    -Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

  15. #15
    Xsaapāvan Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    İstanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,402

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaxGetia View Post
    lol Crete,Byzanium and Rhodes after i smash the romans:) in rome total war,there are 4 main city clusters, Greek cities,Italian cities,Egiptian cities and Chartage cities after you take this cluster of cities finishing off the rest of the map is much easier.
    in Eb you should be aware of mesopotamian cities too
    just burn roman cities down once five years. AS capital cities are enormous trade income so keep in mind.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 05-29-2009 at 15:32.



    My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

  16. #16
    Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    That's how I funded the great Getic building projects of last decades of the 3rd century BC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    in Eb you should be aware of mesopotamian cities too
    just burn roman cities down once five years.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.



    Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

    Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

  17. #17

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Pity though that the Getai-campaign gets pretty boring after Greece has been conquered...
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    P kn I Eljudne mottag dd mans dom, Mot dd och helsvite, ert de och pinoplats

  18. #18
    That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lower Peninsula, Michigan
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaertecken View Post
    Pity though that the Getai-campaign gets pretty boring after Greece has been conquered...
    Nah, I don't think so. Only after conquering Greece and establishing a solid economic base do I bother raising higher-tier units and elites. Until that point, it's mostly just Drapanai-Komatai-Komatai Toxotai-General armies.
    + =

    3x for this, this, and this

  19. #19
    Member Member PaxGetia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Some help with Getia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaertecken View Post
    Pity though that the Getai-campaign gets pretty boring after Greece has been conquered...
    lol if you finish off the greeks and the romans just invade Asia Minor, now my empire expands from gaul to asia minor,i'd eliminated the germans,romans,gauls,greek,makedonians,pontus and now i'm fighting phlava and i share border with luisitani,i'ts quite hard to control civil order in so many cityes

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO