Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

Gone fishing......(got eaten by a SHARK instead)....

Default Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

Good Day, to everyone. I am currently playing as Macedonians & found Konion Hellenon (KH) to be easy pushovers. If you defeat them at Athens (which I guess everyone does) & also defeat them at Sparta (which I accomplished in the first turn itself) then they just sit in Rhodes & they don't do anything. Their army on Crete under their king Aereus is another useless army which just sits around there instead of capturing Kydonia from the eleutheroi & their army of FM's in Rhodes does'nt attempt to capture Karia by a naval attack even though they have a navy..........

Now the KH are also allied to certain eleutheroi cities like thermon & sinope......I wish to give those cities to them so that they can be a more of a challenge & also make them attack Crete & Karia.....
    I read in another thread where a person was trying to substitute Athens with Syracuse for KH but I don't want to subsitute, I want to add those cities to their faction......I guess I'll have to modify the EDU & EDB files......
    is this possible ???
    Please reply......

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

You actually don't have to edit EDU and EDB files. You have to edit descr_strat.txt file and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    You actually don't have to edit EDU and EDB files. You have to edit descr_strat.txt file and that's it.
    Ok , which text I'll have to replace ????

& how to assimilate Iphikrates (Governor of Thermon, I guess he gave KH iphikratus hoplitia) & governor of Sinope as an FM of KH........

Which other city is allied to KH ???????

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    & how to assimilate Iphikrates (Governor of Thermon, I guess he gave KH iphikratus hoplitia) & governor of Sinope as an FM of KH........
    No, that Iphikratus is long dead. Iphikratos was one of the most common Greek names.

I am not sure how you can alter it, but I suspect you also have to edit the script, or it will get confused by the fact that you are allied to cities you own. Apart from Thermon and Sinope, the KH is also allied to Trapezous.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    No, that Iphikratus is long dead. Iphikratos was one of the most common Greek names.

I am not sure how you can alter it, but I suspect you also have to edit the script, or it will get confused by the fact that you are allied to cities you own. Apart from Thermon and Sinope, the KH is also allied to Trapezous.
    Where is Trapezous ????

btw for editing files like descr_strat.txt is it necessary to use a third party editor ???????

& how to make the KH AI attack Crete & Karia ??????

Wielder of a pointy-thing Member Olimpian's Avatar

I suggest using move_character and create_unit. Take one of your FMs, create an army for him ( create_unit ), teleport hin next to those cities ( move_character ), capture them, then forced diplomacy to give them to the KH. Disband army, teleport FM back.

Default AW: Re: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

Where is Trapezous ????
    Next to Sinope.

& how to make the KH AI attack Crete & Karia ??????
    Sometimes they take Crete. And as long as they have a navy, they will attack Karia after some time. It happened in my Makedonian and my Epeirote Camapaign (after I kicked them out of Greece). Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Balloon Count: 4

My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrátēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotélēs

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpian View Post
    I suggest using move_character and create_unit. Take one of your FMs, create an army for him ( create_unit ), teleport hin next to those cities ( move_character ), capture them, then forced diplomacy to give them to the KH. Disband army, teleport FM back.
    I always knew I could do that, but I somehow feel it as cheating........Like my encounter with the Epirotes in my cuurent campaign........

In the very 1st turn the epirote army is stationed near my capital. Now, I am using Alex engine in conjunction with the win conditions mod. So, now Pyrrohs definitely attacks me. I am able to defeat him with some difficulty. But then, Pyrrohs's son attacks with a four times bigger army......
    So I restarted & imposed a ceasefire. After sometime I posted a spy in their lands & found that they have not attacked the northern eleutheroi state even though they have hugh stacks.....
    Now by force diplomacy I took epidamnos fom them to incite them to attack as now I had an army capable of destroying them but they did nothing..............

Anyway of improving the AI ?????
    Last edited by Darth Revan; 05-28-2009 at 07:03.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: AW: Re: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Zett View Post
    Sometimes they take Crete. And as long as they have a navy, they will attack Karia after some time. It happened in my Makedonian and my Epeirote Camapaign (after I kicked them out of Greece). Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    In my KH campaigns, Caria always revolts to me after the Ptolemeans or (less frequently) the Seleucids take it. They never seem to leave a sufficient garrison.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default AW: Re: AW: Re: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

In my KH campaigns, Caria always revolts to me after the Ptolemeans or (less frequently) the Seleucids take it. They never seem to leave a sufficient garrison.
    That happens too, but sometimes they sent their troops from Rhodos to Halicarnassos to take it.

Same camapign, this time KH. Isolated on Rhodos for a few years they started a naval invasion to Anatolia, attacked Halikarnassos and took it (it didn't rebel to them)! Then they went rampage in Anatolia and took Sardis, Pergamon and Nikaia.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Siege of Halikarnassos

A new power in Anatolia
    In this campaign, the KH took Sardis and Nikaia too if I remember correctly. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

My Greek Nobles:

That happens too, but sometimes they sent their troops from Rhodos to Halicarnassos to take it.

In this campaign, the KH took Sardis and Nikaia too if I remember correctly. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    Glad to see that KH are capable of this. However, there is a difference between my macedonian campaign & yours & that is that after unifying the Hellas, I expanded in east while you in west so KH probably got scared.

Anyways, can anyone help me in modifying descr_strat file ?????????
    Check out this dead thread, someone had been trying this before but could'nt get it......

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...light=Syracuse

However, I don't want migration, I want the allied states to be part of KH.......

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

You would have to start a new campaign for any changes you make to work.

Koinon = "League of"
    Konion = "Poison"

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keravnos View Post
    Konion = "Poison"
    I was just going to type this myself! The scene of Theramenes (of the tyrranoi) sprang into mind for some reason too...

Maion
    ~Maion

Ok the last two messages left me totally confused..
    What does Koinon=poison mean ??????? Are you deriving a mathematical relation ?????

Ok the last two messages left me totally confused..
    What does Koinon=poison mean ??????? Are you deriving a mathematical relation ?????
    Konion is Greek for "poison"
    Koinon is Greek for "League of"

Just be careful what you write, a small typo can change the meaning. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

My Greek Nobles:

Spelling nazis!

You may want to increase the Greek Hoplites Shield bonus a bit too, as it is they take way too many casualties from missile units that they would otherwise not take if they could actually still go into phalanx mode. Also maybe either give them Kydonia or just severely deplete the garrison to help them out there. As it is I have to agree that KH seems completely incapable of expansion thanks to having one of its major cities (Rhodos) on an island and therefore making it worthless army production wise since the AI armies think boats are the devil.
    All men will one day die, but not every man will truely live.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

1.2 is the first version in which the Koinon Hellenon expansion seems reasonable, that is, seldom existent.

The Koinon Hellenon is an Anti-Makedonian construct, which alone makes me detest it, and once they achieved their goal, they would have continued each on their own.
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 05-28-2009 at 20:23.

Default Re: AW: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus View Post
    1.2 is the first version in which the Koinon Hellenon expansion seems reasonable, that is, seldom existent.

The Koinon Hellenon is an Anti-Makedonian construct, which alone makes me detest it, and once they achieved their goal, they would have continued each on their own.
    I am also a fan of Macedonia.........Hammer & Anvil tactics of Alexander are the best way to annihilate civilizations still KH should give some challenge to me........

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Pah, pesky fops always walk around with their noses up in the sky... Think they are superior to the rest of the Hellenes, while they sit there and perfume themselves. I tell you: No nation has yet been able to withstand the superiority of the Hammer and Anvil tactic!

Maion
    ~Maion

ah just conquer some coastal city, raise the taxes to very high and leave no garrison, there is a considerable chance it will rebel to the KH ^^
    man was I suprised when all of a sudden I had the warning "Settlement under seige - Massilia"-"wtf, isn't that in france?!?!?" in my KH campaign :D that had called for immediate anti roman actions :D

uuught seems you've all got the "Hates Clever clever Greeks"-trait.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    ah just conquer some coastal city, raise the taxes to very high and leave no garrison, there is a considerable chance it will rebel to the KH ^^
    man was I suprised when all of a sudden I had the warning "Settlement under seige - Massilia"-"wtf, isn't that in france?!?!?" in my KH campaign :D that had called for immediate anti roman actions :D

uuught seems you've all got the "Hates Clever clever Greeks"-trait.
    Nope dude, I don't hate greeks, I am definitely not misellen. The only reason why I don't play as KH is that they have a weak cavalry & their general has hoplites which is historically correct. I prefer playing as macedon because cavalry are the core of my battle tactics. ........
    Hammer & Anvil tactics work wonders against others.........

As for KH, I am playing Alexander EB, there KH has a huge army in Athens & Sparta also the AI is very smart........They are gonna' kick me out of Hellas !!!!!!!!!

Nope dude, I don't hate greeks, I am definitely not misellen. The only reason why I don't play as KH is that they have a weak cavalry & their general has hoplites which is historically correct. I prefer playing as macedon because cavalry are the core of my battle tactics. ........
    KH has Hippeis Xystophoroi.

Of course, they are not as powerfull as Hetairoi, but they are faster, cheaper, still have a good charge (34) and are availabel in 22 provinces (that's a big AOR for such a good cavalry unit). Also you can recruit them from a level 3 MIC (Heitairoi need level 5 MIC).

Macedonia has the great disatvantage, that it can recruit their elite cavalry (Hetairoi, Hippeis Thessalikoi) only in Pella and Demetrias. KH can recruit their Hippeis Xystophoroi in Bactra, in Alexandria, in Syrakousai, in Taras and so on.

Hetairoi

AOR (Hetairoi), Makedonia can only recruit Hetairoi in Pellas and Demetrias, cause it needs a level I Government to bild a level 5 MIC.

Hippeis Xystophoroi

AOR (Hippeis Xystophoroi)

KH can recruit all native cavalry types apart from Hetairoi, that are available for Macedonia (such as Prodromoi, Hippeis Thessalikoi, Lonchophoroi Hippeis and Hetairoi Aspidophoroi). It also can recruit Hippeis Tarantinoi, an elite skirmisher cavalry, which is not available for Macedonia.

KH Hippeis Tarantinoi use another skin.

KH has one of the greatest cavalry roster of the Hellenic factions, but has no 'super' heavy cavalry, therefor a great AOR for their elite cavalry. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    Last edited by Zett; 06-01-2009 at 09:34.

My Greek Nobles:

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

I modify my Spartan Hoplites so they have 2 Hp... Even if I didn't play them, the AI now takes coriinth very fast and kick Makedonian ass earlier...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Default Re: AW: Re: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

KH has Hippeis Xystophoroi.

Of course, they are not as powerfull as Hetairoi, but they are faster, cheaper, still have a good charge (34) and are availabel in 22 provinces (that's a big AOR for such a good cavalry unit). Also you can recruit them from a level 3 MIC (Heitairoi need level 5 MIC).

Macedonia has the great disatvantage, that it can recruit their elite cavalry (Hetairoi, Hippeis Thessalikoi) only in Pella and Demetrias. KH can recruit their Hippeis Xystophoroi in Bactra, in Alexandria, in Syrakousai, in Taras and so on.

Hetairoi

AOR (Hetairoi), Makedonia can only recruit Hetairoi in Pellas and Demetrias, cause it needs a level I Government to bild a level 5 MIC.

Hippeis Xystophoroi

AOR (Hippeis Xystophoroi)

KH can recruit all native cavalry types apart from Hetairoi, that are available for Macedonia (such as Prodromoi, Hippeis Thessalikoi, Lonchophoroi Hippeis and Hetairoi Aspidophoroi). It also can recruit Hippeis Tarantinoi, an elite skirmisher cavalry, which is not available for Macedonia.

KH Hippeis Tarantinoi use another skin.

KH has one of the greatest cavalry roster of the Hellenic factions, but has no 'super' heavy cavalry, therefor a great AOR for their elite cavalry. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    @ Zett, there's just 1 thing I want 2 tell you & that is I don't train Hetairoi or Thessalian Hippies !!!!!!
    yes, you read it right !!!! I don't even have level 5 MIC in Pella or in Demetrias to train Hetairoi.....
    So you must be thinkin' why I praise Hetairoi so much when I don't have them.....
    But the thing is that every Macedonian general has a good amount of experienced Hetairoi who are more than sufficient to beat almost every other army if complemented by some Podromoi or other medium cavalry & one of my FM's always leads against the enemies (who is most of the time the faction leader or heir).......& general's bodyguard regenerate their numbers........

Default AW: Re: AW: Re: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

@ Zett, there's just 1 thing I want 2 tell you & that is I don't train Hetairoi or Thessalian Hippies !!!!!!
    It's Hippeis, not Hippies. That's a difference . Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

My Greek Nobles:

Default Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

& the award for the walking-talking encyclopedia of greeks goes to Zett..... Also this summer as a special, you get a spell-checker for free too, so hurry before stocks last.

you really are biggest KH fan, I've ever seen........
    My compliments to you for your good sense of observation.....

@ Cute Wolf : Mate, increasing the HP of Spartan Hoplites feels unreasonable to me cause they already are the best non-phalanx infantry in the game, it makes the game biased........

I've learned to modify descr_strat......How to modify the script for giving the cities ?????????????????????????????????????????
    Last edited by Darth Revan; 06-02-2009 at 06:29.

I believe Messalia is too. In a Mak campaign once I took it then turned right around and gave it to them. I didnt want to totally wipe them out, they did pretty good there too, had a long drawn out war with the Celts.
    Last edited by tls5669; 07-12-2009 at 13:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Pah, pesky fops always walk around with their noses up in the sky... Think they are superior to the rest of the Hellenes, while they sit there and perfume themselves. I tell you: No nation has yet been able to withstand the superiority of the Hammer and Anvil tactic!

Maion
    Rome did, a few times actually......

Default Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Konion Hellenon......making them stronger

& the award for the walking-talking encyclopedia of greeks goes to Zett..... Also this summer as a special, you get a spell-checker for free too, so hurry before stocks last.

you really are biggest KH fan, I've ever seen........
    My compliments to you for your good sense of observation.....

@ Cute Wolf : Mate, increasing the HP of Spartan Hoplites feels unreasonable to me cause they already are the best non-phalanx infantry in the game, it makes the game biased........

I've learned to modify descr_strat......How to modify the script for giving the cities ?????????????????????????????????????????

Spartans are far from the best. Hell theyre not even the best Hoplite unit, the Epilektoi Hoplitai are better and thats just one unit with a much larger AOR. The Epilektoi Hoplitai might be the best Hoplites in the game unless you consider Hypaspistai, or Sacred Band infantry as Hoplites.
    Last edited by tls5669; 07-12-2009 at 13:20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast