Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation for ALEXANDER EB

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

Default Re: Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation for ALEXANDER EB

How did I made such an unforgivable mistake!
    Sorry, mate I have been quite busy modding Supreme Ruler that just finished

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by applebreath View Post
    I've been reading about the EOM and this mod. They seem cool, very cool. Although I'm still not for sure on what triggers it and exactly how to go about using the features or even what the features exactly are. (I'm slow, :P.)

Still, I want to use all this with some other mods. I read that you posted the following:

for installation process; I followed EB 1.1 > 1.2 > official fixes > minimod pack > LZ3's script adaptation > phalanx mod > RS textures and naval strat mod > Lysander's sihunet formations adaptations then my submods (mostly EOM and realist movement mod / As I am not a roman maniac I do not play much with my RS legions Mod).

Questions:

1)If I use that order, will all those mods work?
    2)If I use EOM2.1b, will your RS legions Mod work with it? Or will this cause strange things to happen? Is 2.1b a stable version?
    3)I'm confused, no first cohorts, period? I'm a Roman fan, it's all I play. I don't know modding, anyone mod in first cohorts to their legions?

Thanks,
    Apple.
    I have made in these way all mods even city mod works fine.
    My EOM works with any submod of EB because there is no modder other than me who modded ancillaries.

I have made many edition last one EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors
    2.1 was made by V.T. Marvin who changed some specialities of my mod like he quit marian reforms trigger. He made 3 cities per 1 Legate rule.

My own version, you do not need marian reforms to offices but in EBBS I reduced marian trigger to 50 cities so if you conquer 50 cities you both get marian reforms and Legate offices.
    But this adaptation need marian reforms for marian Legions (not the Legate office) and needs augustan reforms for augustan Legions.

Because of the hard code limit of EDU I just left EB first cohorts as an imperial gift to each legion so no first cohorts legions. If you decide to delete at least 40 units from EB EDU I can add them.
    As I am not a fan of Romans I kept original EB units.

You do not need an extra file for these I had already added first cohorts models into these mod.
    You just need 40 victim entry in EDU. To write the entries may take 15 mins for me.

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished

EBBS, where is it and what does it stand for? Is it easy to make the reforms happen sooner? Open it with notepad ++?

I'm a big roman fan, but I don't care too much about history (I want to make my own history). It's why I wont play the city-mod and it's why I was thinking about going with the 2.1b version.

I also want to expand very slowly.

It would be very nice to have commanders for the legions (at the start of the game) and that's why I was leaning towards the 2.1b version. Of course, that assumes I understand the difference between the versions of OEMod. Will the 2.1b version work with the other mods (mod pack, etc). I'm kind of confused on exactly what he changed. You say, he quit the Reforms? Does that mean that they never happen or just that he doesnt use the trigger?

So, just to be clear, this mod wont work with 2.1b version because you need 50 cities to get thinks to sink up? Or, with the 2.1b version, I will have legates at the start, but not "named" legions till I get 50 cities?

As for the first cohorts, are you saying I can still build them in Rome? That they just arn't "named"?

What 40 would I delete for the EDU? That seems like a lot to me.

-Thanks again for your mods and your help in other threads.

-Apple.
    Last edited by applebreath; 10-23-2009 at 12:13.
    Imo, the following "mod" is almost perfect:
    For installation process, I followed the following: RTW Gold > Alexander > EB 1.1 > 1.2 > Official Fixes > 1.2 Mini Mod Pack 3.1 > LZ3's Custom EB Fix Adaptation > Phalanx Mod > RS Textures > Naval Strat Map Add On > Lysander's Sihunet Formations Adaptations > EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition > Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation For ALEXANDER EB > Getting Rid Of The Giant Trees Mod > (I've also modded the Roman reforms to happen sooner, deleted 7 files/folders to get rid of window lights and torches for night battles, and added 3 SKYMOD_BI .txt files for night lighting.) - The only thing missing is a 12 turns per year mod, maybe 6 tpy instead.

EBBS, where is it and what does it stand for? Is it easy to make the reforms happen sooner? Open it with notepad ++?

Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\scripts\show_me\EBBS_SCRIPT.txt
    that is the script of EB team that you get marians / 4 turn per year and many things

to change marian just open the file with notepad or notepad++

ctrl+f write "MARIAN TRIGGER"

you will get these lines :

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; MARIAN TRIGGER

declare_counter Latifundia
    declare_counter ReformatorCounter

; Count Latyfundium
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Segesta
    and I_CompareCounter Romanii_Reform = 1
    and FactionType seleucid
    and SettlementBuildingExists = latifundium

inc_counter Latifundia 1

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Bononia
    and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Latifundia 1

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Patavium
    and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Latifundia 1

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Arretium
    and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Latifundia 1

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Ariminum
    and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Latifundia 1

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Roma
    and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Latifundia 1

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Capua
    and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Latifundia 1

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Arpi
    and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Latifundia 1

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Taras
    and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Latifundia 1

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Rhegion
    and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Latifundia 1

end_monitor

;Unconditional Player Reforms
    monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType seleucid
    and FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 89

set_counter Romanii_Reform 2
    set_counter MarianReformsAdvisor 1

terminate_monitor

just change 89 with your desired number (89 means 90 cities +1 more)

I'm a big roman fan, but I don't care too much about history (I want to make my own history). It's why I wont play the city-mod and it's why I was thinking about going with the 2.1b version.

I also want to expand very slowly.

It would be very nice to have commanders for the legions (at the start of the game) and that's why I was leaning towards the 2.1b version. Of course, that assumes I understand the difference between the versions of OEMod. Will the 2.1b version work with the other mods (mod pack, etc). I'm kind of confused on exactly what he changed. You say, he quit the Reforms? Does that mean that they never happen or just that he doesnt use the trigger?

2.1b has no connection with marian triggers just keep conquering.

So, just to be clear, this mod wont work with 2.1b version because you need 50 cities to get thinks to sink up? Or, with the 2.1b version, I will have legates at the start, but not "named" legions till I get 50 cities?

this mod works fine with any EOM version but you get offices (not legions) later not at the start

As for the first cohorts, are you saying I can still build them in Rome? That they just arn't "named"?

You can build them anywhere where EB team allowed to do so.

What 40 would I delete for the EDU? That seems like a lot to me.

EDU means export_decsr_units.txt file in Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\export_descr_unit.txt that is the main file and hardcoded one you can add 500 unit entries maximum if you pass you will get a certain, confirmed, tested CTD (crash to desktop)

-Thanks again for your mods and your help in other threads.

-Apple.
    You're welcome.

I hope you enjoy playing named legions and their legate offices.
    QUOTES are killing me lol
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 10-23-2009 at 14:35.

My Submods for EB

and do not forget EOM (Extended offices mod ) does not need marians or other reforms just take 50 city then Legatus Legionis ancillaries will begin to occur in certain cities.

but this mod is an adaptation of RS Legions and ALEXANDER EB of Maksimus.
    to get named legions you need marian reforms for marian legions and augustan reforms for augustan legions.

also As far as I remember I have omitted Gov4 types that means you cannot recruit named legions in allied kingdoms namely Gov4.

Check AOR Map that is in the first message of this thread. I need to start a romani campaign to draw an AOR on EB map but I have to finish my AAR first that looks like never ending.

My Submods for EB

One more question, I think, :).

I said the following, "So, just to be clear, this mod wont work with 2.1b version because you need 50 cities to get thinks to sink up? Or, with the 2.1b version, I will have legates at the start, but not "named" legions till I get 50 cities?".

Then you said the following, "this mod works fine with any EOM version but you get offices (not legions) later not at the start".

I'm a little bit confused by that statement. As I understand it, your office mod makes legates and other offices. This mod gives the legions names and an icon in the battle map. But all of this starts after 50 cities are taken, legates and offices. Then after reforms you can have the corresponding legion names in certain locations. Is my understanding correct about these two mods?

Now with 2.1b, I can get offices and legates at the start of the game, correct? If I use 2.1b with this mod, once I get reforms, I will be able to have named legions given at certain locations?

I plan on using the 2.1b mod as I strongly like the idea of starting with it at the beginning, except I wish there was more than 25 (but that might be enough).

Thanks,
    Apple.
    Last edited by applebreath; 10-23-2009 at 16:24.
    For installation process, I followed the following: RTW Gold > Alexander > EB 1.1 > 1.2 > Official Fixes > 1.2 Mini Mod Pack 3.1 > LZ3's Custom EB Fix Adaptation > Phalanx Mod > RS Textures > Naval Strat Map Add On > Lysander's Sihunet Formations Adaptations > EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition > Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation For ALEXANDER EB > Getting Rid Of The Giant Trees Mod > (I've also modded the Roman reforms to happen sooner, deleted 7 files/folders to get rid of window lights and torches for night battles, and added 3 SKYMOD_BI .txt files for night lighting.) - The only thing missing is a 12 turns per year mod, maybe 6 tpy instead.

mate if you like geographical expansion use 2.1b
    then reduce the marian trigger as you wish.

I did this mod because no one made it, I simply merged RS and EB into one submod that was always my ideal after playing years with both.

I have given enough info how to change this mod, rest is yours.

Regards Atra.

P.S. I like Legions but like killing them more.

My Submods for EB

I'm confused on a couple things.

First, you don't need extended alexander (Maksimus mod) to play this, correct? You just need to have your game setup to be playing with alex.exe? So it will work fine with the mini-mod pack?

Second, in the instructions, what does the following mean:

"You should change Roman (SELEUCID) unit cards in UI folder"

Does this mean that I should replace both SELEUCID folders in the UI folder (by copy paste)?

"You have to replace models_units folder completely"

Will a copy/paste work fine for this? It replaces any files that you named the same and will add any extra files from the folder that I copied. But in the old folder that is having files copied to, I'm pretty sure that the old files (the ones that are not being replaced-if there are any) will still be there (they wont be deleted). At least, thats how I understand how a copy/paste of a folder will work when you replace a folder. The only way to actually completely replace the folder is by deleting the old folder, then adding the new one in.

Third, I only need to also replace the edu in the sp_backup folder, not the mp_backup folder too? I thought I read that the edu is taken from the opposite backup folder. So if you are playing single player, the edu is taken from the mp_backup folder. But I might have read wrong.
    Last edited by applebreath; 10-28-2009 at 15:43.

I'm confused on a couple things.

First, you don't need extended alexander (Maksimus mod) to play this, correct? You just need to have your game setup to be playing with alex.exe? So it will work fine with the mini-mod pack?

My PC CTDied because of lack of RAM (1024) for maximus' version so I used LZ3's adaptation namely minimod pack so I still advice you to do the same if you have RAM issue like me

Second, in the instructions, what does the following mean:

"You should change Roman (SELEUCID) unit cards in UI folder"

Does this mean that I should replace both SELEUCID folders in the UI folder (by copy paste)?

YES, do not forget I have included only Legion Models namely I have added just Roman units.

"You have to replace models_units folder completely"

Will a copy/paste work fine for this? It replaces any files that you named the same and will add any extra files from the folder that I copied. But in the old folder that is having files copied to, I'm pretty sure that the old files (the ones that are not being replaced-if there are any) will still be there (they wont be deleted). At least, thats how I understand how a copy/paste of a folder will work when you replace a folder. The only way to actually completely replace the folder is by deleting the old folder, then adding the new one in.

YES. I HAVE ADDED ALL OF THE MODELS SO AS NOT TO MISS ANY MODELS THAT CAUSES ONE OF THE COMMON CTD. So Just copy whole folder, yes.

Third, I only need to also replace the edu in the sp_backup folder, not the mp_backup folder too?

Only SP backup, Mp backup is not necessary.

I thought I read that the edu is taken from the opposite backup folder. So if you are playing single player, the edu is taken from the mp_backup folder. But I might have read wrong.

If you want to feel safe just copy over both SP and MP, but as I said before MP Backup is not required
    Atra
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 10-29-2009 at 05:58.

My Submods for EB

I'm confused on a couple things. ...
    Ok, I found your trait here is its description:

¬--------------------

{Rector_Provinciae} Rector Provinciae (Provincial Governor)

{Rector_Provinciae_desc}
    This man has been appointed to the political office of Provincial Governor (Rector Provinciae). This is an honor that will bring him increased political influence once he has completed his service as a Provincial Governor. He has been entrusted with governing a Roman province. The city he resides in when appointed to this office will be his official residence and serve as the regional the capital. He is responsible for taxation and financial management of the province, acting as the Roman Senate’s chief financial agent. Aside from his financial duties, the governor was the province's chief judge. The governor had the sole right to impose capital punishment, and capital cases were normally tried before him. To appeal a governor's decision necessitated travelling to Rome and presenting one's case before the Praetor Urbanus if one was a Citizen, or Praetor Peregrinus if a foreigner.

{Rector_Provinciae_effects_desc}
    As a Provincial Governor, he will receive a +1 to Law and a +1 to Management, as long as he remains in the province. He also recieves a special ancilliary that denotes his Imperium and benefits. If you, the player, acting as the Senate wishes to assign a new Provincial governor, simply move the old one out of the Settlement and transfer the ancilliary to the new Governor.

and here are some triggers I could find :

Trigger Governor_is_rector_provinciae
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Attribute Electability > 10 = more points + 10 Electability
    and Attribute Electability < 31 = not less than + 30 Electability
    and FactionType seleucid = should be roman
    and Trait Rector_Provinciae < 1 = not have this office
    and Trait notPraetor < 1 = not have this office
    and Trait notConsul < 1 = not have this office

Affects Rector_Provinciae 1 Chance 100
    Electability, is a attribute not a trait, in RTW vanilla it is used for roman offices (magisters) .
    EB used this for their goverment system,
    I used it as the linear order of my offices in EOM.
    In fact what effects electability is under discussion and I just observed S/C/V guys has a tendency to get them.
    and in fact it would be very good if one can explain me the difference between getting electability
    and senatestanding/or popularstanding attribute.

so I can get that when I pass 61 why I got a CTD, hardcode?:

;------------------------------------------
    Ancillary Legatus_of_legioXXXV
    Image LegioXXXV.tga
    Description Legatus_of_legioXXXV_desc
    EffectsDescription Legatus_of_legioXXXV_effects_desc

Effect Electability 61
    Effect Influence 3
    Effect Command 1
    Effect TroopMorale 1
    and I think here is anti trait or losing trigger:
    your general simply loses this trait if he has less than 11 electability.

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger No_More_Governor_loses_pro_consul
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition not Attribute Electability >= 11
    and Trait Proconsul_Provinciae = 1

Affects Proconsul_Provinciae -1 Chance 100

My Submods for EB

so this is not an EOM issue,
    but we need somebody who can answer:
    how a general loses electability and how he gains electability?

at the moment my assumptions would be just a theory so a well-knowledgeable guy on this area of modding may answer our question.

My Submods for EB

I started over with your current EOM, meaning it doesn't start for the Romans until I have at least 50 cities.

When I was playing 2.1b I got that trait right from the start, now I don't have it. Are you saying that when I hit 50 cities and the office mod kicks in, I'll have that problem with that trait again? Or are you saying you didn't add that trait in the EOM mod?

-Apple

I started over with your current EOM, meaning it doesn't start for the Romans until I have at least 50 cities.

When I was playing 2.1b I got that trait right from the start, now I don't have it. Are you saying that when I hit 50 cities and the office mod kicks in, I'll have that problem with that trait again? Or are you saying you didn't add that trait in the EOM mod?

-Apple
    the trait is not mine, and it is too easy to destroy it if it bothers you.

My Submods for EB

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    Compatiblity with other mods:

Not compatible with allied armies, as everyone stated before, I had used EDU, EDB;
    You mean "Allied Legions"? So its not compatible with the mini-mod pack, because AL are included...?

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Allied Legions is not included in minimod pack.
    it is a separate mod like mine.
    They made some arrangements namely some modifications to make that mod compatible with theirs but my detailed modification of units in this mod gives me no chance and I am not planning to do either for stability issue.

My Submods for EB

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3||
    List of used minimods

* ALEXANDER.exe; thanks to maksimus for the wonderful instructions on how to make the swap between exes.
    * AI Battle Formation Mods* ; by --Sinhuet and special thanks to Lysander13 for the compilation
    * Spoils of Victory; by V.T. Marvin
    * Some trait changes (command stars & cursus honorum) by konny.
    * Win Conditions; originally by JRMC and special thanks to konny for making a new 1.2 version
    * Roman Allied Legions; by konny
    * Aquilifer unit; by lt1956, creator of the SPQR mod
    * Force Diplomacy Minimod; by DimeBagHo , update byJarardo
    * Darth Stalin's 1.1 Romani Fix with "corrected" Gallic Helm
    * MP Swapper; by ||Lz3||
    Are you sure, because this looks quite evidently...?
    Last edited by ziegenpeter; 11-04-2009 at 18:06.

- Another wise man

Allied Armies mod at the following link, https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...81#post2138481, is not in the mini-mod-pack..

OK then I confused Allied Legion and Allied Armies...

- Another wise man

Hi Atraphoenix,

I've a little problem with your addon... on the battlefield, the sprites of the named legionaries are "bugged" i think, because they are very small... like crushed sprites. On your screenshots, i see you don't have this range problem cause you are in very high details for units but not me, i can only have high details , so may be you dont take care about this graphic bug

Can you help me plz ?

Here a screenshot of the sprite bug
    Last edited by Aetius Gallus; 12-16-2009 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius Gallus View Post
    Hi Atraphoenix,

I've a little problem with your addon... on the battlefield, the sprites of the named legionaries are "bugged" i think, because they are very small... like crushed sprites. On your screenshots, i see you don't have this range problem cause you are in very high details for units but not me, i can only have high details , so may be you dont take care about this graphic bug

Can you help me plz ?

Here a screenshot of the sprite bug
    I cannot give any other solution other than reinstall and increase graphics' setting or update your card driver...

I have not gotten this problem on high unit setting. above 1024/x screens.

My Submods for EB

Hello!

This is my first post here. I just would like to ask that if I play EB on BI 1.6 it is enough to instal the ALEXANDER EB submod and after install the RS legions submod? Is that all?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hello Gabriel, welcome to the .Org, and to EB!

In order to play the Alex EB submod, you need to have the Alexander expansion for R:TW. You cannot play Alex EB on BI. Such questions are better asked in the Alex EB thread, though.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Thanks the answer I will check it!

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Two things:

I'd like to ask for permission to add your mod into my Mega Mod Pack.

There are no sprites, the DMB legion sections needs an "rs" sprite folder in the Data folder in EB which contains the legions sprites, but you didn't include any, I cannot make it work without it, Is there any other way I can get the sprites?.

Thank you

~Jirisys (I await your reply so that I may compile it with or without it)
    Because we all need to compensate...

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    Two things:

I'd like to ask for permission to add your mod into my Mega Mod Pack.

There are no sprites, the DMB legion sections needs an "rs" sprite folder in the Data folder in EB which contains the legions sprites, but you didn't include any, I cannot make it work without it, Is there any other way I can get the sprites?.

Thank you

~Jirisys (I await your reply so that I may compile it with or without it)
    I quit EB modding. no backup methinks. I think I have forgotten to add the sprites that belong to previous version of RS. At the moment RS team released RS2 so I am using RS2. The new sprites and cas files are different. The only solution I can say to download previous version of RS and use the sprites. If you have a chance to find them you can use them but not the new ones because I had only permission to use RS files not RS2.
    At the moment I try to mod RTS games, I got tired of TBS games.
    I hope it helps..

Atra...

My Submods for EB

Has anyone a working downloadlink for this modification? I would really like to play with this mod. Unfortunately I cannot figure out which files are modified in this mod so I could extract them from Jrirsys Megamod.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
    Has anyone a working downloadlink for this modification? I would really like to play with this mod. Unfortunately I cannot figure out which files are modified in this mod so I could extract them from Jrirsys Megamod.
    I can give them to you.

~Jirisys ()

Oh cool that would be great. Or maybe you could upload it, so that others who want it can download it too? :)

Great! Thx a lot :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast