Thread: Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation for ALEXANDER EB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

Default Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation for ALEXANDER EB

Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation for ALEXANDER EB Last Updated: 03.06.2009

Important Notice:

This submod enables you to recruit named RS Legions on ALEXANDER EB. As I have added lots of models to descr_model_battle.txt; most probably because of hard codes the other exes (RTW.exe and BI.exe) will CTD. So you have to either install ALEXANDER EB mod or LZ3's Minimod pack for alex.exe so as to install this mod.

Development Background:

After developing my previous submod EOM (Extended Offices Mod) as you may know I had added 35 Legatus Legionis (Legion commander) for named legions; then I thought it would be a wonderful idea to add not just the legates, also the named legions themselves.
    Because of the fact that I am not capable of adding new skins, standards, officers; after reading threads and meeting many fans looking for named legions, I decided to add RS Legions as a submod.
    Today I have just finished converting legions AOR system for EB. Thanks to RS Development Team; for their permissions to use their skins and model; I prepared this submod for ALEXANDER EB.
    Because of the known limitations of RTW and BI, I had to use alex.exe and unfortunate I am sure that this submod is only designed for alex.exe.
    I have added 39 models to descr_model_battle.txt file, and I have added 39 units export_descr_unit.txt file. I have not omitted any of vanilla EB models, so you mat recruit both unnamed legions and named at the same time.

I adapted export_descr_buildings.txt file that you may recruit 13 Legions with marian reforms and the rest 22 and praetorian cohorts with augustan reforms.

These are the republican legions that you can recruit after marian reform:

Legio I Germanica
    Legio II Augusta
    Legio III Gallica
    Legio III Augusta
    Legio V Alaudae
    Legio VI Ferrata
    Legio VII Claudia Pia Fidelis
    Legio VIII Augusta
    Legio IX Hispaniensis
    Legio X Gemina Pia
    Legio XI Claudia Pia Fidelis
    Legio XIII Gemina
    Legio XXII Deiotariana

and these are the Imperial Legions that you can recruit after augustan reform:

Legio I Italica
    Legio I Minverva Pia Fidelis
    Legio I Adiutrix
    Legio II Adiutrix Pia Fidelis
    Legio II Traiana Fortis
    Legio III Cyrenaica
    Legio III Italica
    Legio IV Flavia Felix
    Legio IV Scythica
    Legio V Macedonica
    Legio VI Victrix Pia Fidelis
    Legio VII Gemina Felix
    Legio X Fretensis
    Legio XII Fulminata
    Legio XIV Gemina Martia Victrix
    Legio XV Primigenia
    Legio XV Appolinaris
    Legio XVI Flavia Firma
    Legio XX Valeria Victrix
    Legio XXI Rapax (Predator)
    Legio XXII Primigenia
    Legio XXX Ulpia Victrix
    I have also added two praetorian legions.

Screenshots:

Battle map screenshots:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Campaign map screenshots:

AOR Map:

There may some small differences while converting on EB AOR system.

Known Limitations :

Because of known hardcodes, I just added first cohorts praetorians. Unfortunately the named legions have no first cohorts. In fact, according to resources the standard of a legion either was given by the senate or emperor so you can role play like that.

As I expressed above, I have added 39 extra models so you should install ALEXANDER EB first otherwise with other exes the submod will give you a certain CTD.
    I use LZ3's minimod pack, I have added many mod that was developed by me. So you should check the last version of his mod for alex.exe :
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=105242

Compatiblity with other mods:

Not compatible with allied armies, as everyone stated before, I had used EDU, EDB;

Quote Originally Posted by everyone View Post

current version: v0.3 (for EB 1.2, savegame compatible, and it's also compatible if you upgrade from a previous version of this minimod. However this is not compatible with other mods which modifies the files export_descr_buildings, export_descr_units and export_buildings)

For Download:

Instructions:

-download and unrar it has no password

-backup your files.

-copy the files on EB Data folder.

-EDU, EDB, DBM files must be install Eb/Data folder

- Important if you play EB with trivial script you have to replace EDU in the sp edu backup folder as well.

-You have to replace export_unit file in EB/Data/Text folder.

-You should change Roman (SELEUCID) unit cards in UI folder.

-You have to replace models_units folder completely.

Feedbacks

Please send your feedbacks if you like my mod. I will be appreciated if you will add screenshoots of your game play.

Thank you:

Thank you very much:

- The EB team who made this mod and helped me with technical info I really need.

- Dvk901 for allowing me to use his standards,

- Tone for allowing me to use his skins,

- Ferres for allowing me to use his models,

- Maksimus for his masterpiece work; Alexander EB Mod,

- LZ3 for saving me from torture to adapt Alexander EB,

- and many thanks for my friends who motivates me adding something new,

- and of course many thanks for CA, imageshack, filefront....

P.S. You can use my mod files privately without any worry, on the other hand if you want to use any contend of my mod for your own modifications that you plan to publish, please ask for permission. Unlike my previous mods, I have not created total contend of this mod. On the other hand, you can use my previous mod files as you wish, so long as you will make a submod under EB.

I hope you enjoy playing my mod.

Atra
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 10-23-2009 at 09:28. Reason: adding aor

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Gone fishing......(got eaten by a SHARK instead)....

Default Re: Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation for ALEXANDER EB

So what does your mod exactly do........Does it gives any special abilities to legions ??????

Will your mod work with Maksimus's EAEM ????????

I will try this mod after my EAEM is fixed.....is your mod compatible with savegames ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    So what does your mod exactly do........Does it gives any special abilities to legions ??????

Will your mod work with Maksimus's EAEM ????????

I will try this mod after my EAEM is fixed.....is your mod compatible with savegames ??????
    1-I do not know he used the files that I have used in this mod.
    I nearly forgot I have installed this mod on LZ3's alex Eb, in theory I have installed this mod on his mod.

2-It worked with my save games.

my mod basically gives you named RS Legions (there are 39 of them, whole list given above).
    You can recruit them in campaign, in their levied area.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 06-03-2009 at 13:35.

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished

I have added screenshots , I hope you like them

My Submods for EB

Looks great Too bad i'm not using Alexander ;)
    I love the smell of bronze in the morning!

Campaigns completed: Vanilla Seleucid, EB 1.2. Carthaginian, RSII Pergamon

I did not want to sacrifice any EB unit , I love all
    I wish CA would release a modder's patch that will give us wonderful modding opportunity without hardcodes.

My Submods for EB

Just when I was planning a mod...
    How many unit slots have left in the EDU?

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan DarklyCute View Post
    Just when I was planning a mod...
    How many unit slots have left in the EDU?
    No idea how many EB team used but I have added 39 units and models,
    I had to omit first cohorts cos adding another 35 units and models CTDs.
    ask EB team how many EDU entry they use + 39 in my mod.

My Submods for EB

hum nice idea, i was missing named legions very much, but im using the alex engine only, with the Alex exe, it will work?? Also i will be able to play online?

I'm confused on a couple things.

First, you don't need extended alexander (Maksimus mod) to play this, correct? You just need to have your game setup to be playing with alex.exe? So it will work fine with the mini-mod pack?

Second, in the instructions, what does the following mean:

"You should change Roman (SELEUCID) unit cards in UI folder"

Does this mean that I should replace both SELEUCID folders in the UI folder (by copy paste)?

"You have to replace models_units folder completely"

Will a copy/paste work fine for this? It replaces any files that you named the same and will add any extra files from the folder that I copied. But in the old folder that is having files copied to, I'm pretty sure that the old files (the ones that are not being replaced-if there are any) will still be there (they wont be deleted). At least, thats how I understand how a copy/paste of a folder will work when you replace a folder. The only way to actually completely replace the folder is by deleting the old folder, then adding the new one in.

Third, I only need to also replace the edu in the sp_backup folder, not the mp_backup folder too? I thought I read that the edu is taken from the opposite backup folder. So if you are playing single player, the edu is taken from the mp_backup folder. But I might have read wrong.
    Last edited by applebreath; 10-28-2009 at 15:43.
    Imo, the following "mod" is almost perfect:
    For installation process, I followed the following: RTW Gold > Alexander > EB 1.1 > 1.2 > Official Fixes > 1.2 Mini Mod Pack 3.1 > LZ3's Custom EB Fix Adaptation > Phalanx Mod > RS Textures > Naval Strat Map Add On > Lysander's Sihunet Formations Adaptations > EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition > Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation For ALEXANDER EB > Getting Rid Of The Giant Trees Mod > (I've also modded the Roman reforms to happen sooner, deleted 7 files/folders to get rid of window lights and torches for night battles, and added 3 SKYMOD_BI .txt files for night lighting.) - The only thing missing is a 12 turns per year mod, maybe 6 tpy instead.

Quote Originally Posted by applebreath View Post
    I'm confused on a couple things.

First, you don't need extended alexander (Maksimus mod) to play this, correct? You just need to have your game setup to be playing with alex.exe? So it will work fine with the mini-mod pack?

My PC CTDied because of lack of RAM (1024) for maximus' version so I used LZ3's adaptation namely minimod pack so I still advice you to do the same if you have RAM issue like me

Second, in the instructions, what does the following mean:

"You should change Roman (SELEUCID) unit cards in UI folder"

Does this mean that I should replace both SELEUCID folders in the UI folder (by copy paste)?

YES, do not forget I have included only Legion Models namely I have added just Roman units.

"You have to replace models_units folder completely"

Will a copy/paste work fine for this? It replaces any files that you named the same and will add any extra files from the folder that I copied. But in the old folder that is having files copied to, I'm pretty sure that the old files (the ones that are not being replaced-if there are any) will still be there (they wont be deleted). At least, thats how I understand how a copy/paste of a folder will work when you replace a folder. The only way to actually completely replace the folder is by deleting the old folder, then adding the new one in.

YES. I HAVE ADDED ALL OF THE MODELS SO AS NOT TO MISS ANY MODELS THAT CAUSES ONE OF THE COMMON CTD. So Just copy whole folder, yes.

Third, I only need to also replace the edu in the sp_backup folder, not the mp_backup folder too?

Only SP backup, Mp backup is not necessary.

I thought I read that the edu is taken from the opposite backup folder. So if you are playing single player, the edu is taken from the mp_backup folder. But I might have read wrong.

If you want to feel safe just copy over both SP and MP, but as I said before MP Backup is not required
    Atra
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 10-29-2009 at 05:58.

My Submods for EB

I'm confused on a couple things. ...
    Ok, I found your trait here is its description:

¬--------------------

{Rector_Provinciae} Rector Provinciae (Provincial Governor)

{Rector_Provinciae_desc}
    This man has been appointed to the political office of Provincial Governor (Rector Provinciae). This is an honor that will bring him increased political influence once he has completed his service as a Provincial Governor. He has been entrusted with governing a Roman province. The city he resides in when appointed to this office will be his official residence and serve as the regional the capital. He is responsible for taxation and financial management of the province, acting as the Roman Senate’s chief financial agent. Aside from his financial duties, the governor was the province's chief judge. The governor had the sole right to impose capital punishment, and capital cases were normally tried before him. To appeal a governor's decision necessitated travelling to Rome and presenting one's case before the Praetor Urbanus if one was a Citizen, or Praetor Peregrinus if a foreigner.

{Rector_Provinciae_effects_desc}
    As a Provincial Governor, he will receive a +1 to Law and a +1 to Management, as long as he remains in the province. He also recieves a special ancilliary that denotes his Imperium and benefits. If you, the player, acting as the Senate wishes to assign a new Provincial governor, simply move the old one out of the Settlement and transfer the ancilliary to the new Governor.

and here are some triggers I could find :

Trigger Governor_is_rector_provinciae
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Attribute Electability > 10 = more points + 10 Electability
    and Attribute Electability < 31 = not less than + 30 Electability
    and FactionType seleucid = should be roman
    and Trait Rector_Provinciae < 1 = not have this office
    and Trait notPraetor < 1 = not have this office
    and Trait notConsul < 1 = not have this office

Affects Rector_Provinciae 1 Chance 100
    Electability, is a attribute not a trait, in RTW vanilla it is used for roman offices (magisters) .
    EB used this for their goverment system,
    I used it as the linear order of my offices in EOM.
    In fact what effects electability is under discussion and I just observed S/C/V guys has a tendency to get them.
    and in fact it would be very good if one can explain me the difference between getting electability
    and senatestanding/or popularstanding attribute.

so I can get that when I pass 61 why I got a CTD, hardcode?:

;------------------------------------------
    Ancillary Legatus_of_legioXXXV
    Image LegioXXXV.tga
    Description Legatus_of_legioXXXV_desc
    EffectsDescription Legatus_of_legioXXXV_effects_desc

Effect Electability 61
    Effect Influence 3
    Effect Command 1
    Effect TroopMorale 1
    and I think here is anti trait or losing trigger:
    your general simply loses this trait if he has less than 11 electability.

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger No_More_Governor_loses_pro_consul
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition not Attribute Electability >= 11
    and Trait Proconsul_Provinciae = 1

Affects Proconsul_Provinciae -1 Chance 100

My Submods for EB

so this is not an EOM issue,
    but we need somebody who can answer:
    how a general loses electability and how he gains electability?

at the moment my assumptions would be just a theory so a well-knowledgeable guy on this area of modding may answer our question.

My Submods for EB

I started over with your current EOM, meaning it doesn't start for the Romans until I have at least 50 cities.

When I was playing 2.1b I got that trait right from the start, now I don't have it. Are you saying that when I hit 50 cities and the office mod kicks in, I'll have that problem with that trait again? Or are you saying you didn't add that trait in the EOM mod?

-Apple
    For installation process, I followed the following: RTW Gold > Alexander > EB 1.1 > 1.2 > Official Fixes > 1.2 Mini Mod Pack 3.1 > LZ3's Custom EB Fix Adaptation > Phalanx Mod > RS Textures > Naval Strat Map Add On > Lysander's Sihunet Formations Adaptations > EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition > Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation For ALEXANDER EB > Getting Rid Of The Giant Trees Mod > (I've also modded the Roman reforms to happen sooner, deleted 7 files/folders to get rid of window lights and torches for night battles, and added 3 SKYMOD_BI .txt files for night lighting.) - The only thing missing is a 12 turns per year mod, maybe 6 tpy instead.

I started over with your current EOM, meaning it doesn't start for the Romans until I have at least 50 cities.

When I was playing 2.1b I got that trait right from the start, now I don't have it. Are you saying that when I hit 50 cities and the office mod kicks in, I'll have that problem with that trait again? Or are you saying you didn't add that trait in the EOM mod?

-Apple
    the trait is not mine, and it is too easy to destroy it if it bothers you.

My Submods for EB

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    Compatiblity with other mods:

Not compatible with allied armies, as everyone stated before, I had used EDU, EDB;
    You mean "Allied Legions"? So its not compatible with the mini-mod pack, because AL are included...?

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Allied Legions is not included in minimod pack.
    it is a separate mod like mine.
    They made some arrangements namely some modifications to make that mod compatible with theirs but my detailed modification of units in this mod gives me no chance and I am not planning to do either for stability issue.

My Submods for EB

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3||
    List of used minimods

* ALEXANDER.exe; thanks to maksimus for the wonderful instructions on how to make the swap between exes.
    * AI Battle Formation Mods* ; by --Sinhuet and special thanks to Lysander13 for the compilation
    * Spoils of Victory; by V.T. Marvin
    * Some trait changes (command stars & cursus honorum) by konny.
    * Win Conditions; originally by JRMC and special thanks to konny for making a new 1.2 version
    * Roman Allied Legions; by konny
    * Aquilifer unit; by lt1956, creator of the SPQR mod
    * Force Diplomacy Minimod; by DimeBagHo , update byJarardo
    * Darth Stalin's 1.1 Romani Fix with "corrected" Gallic Helm
    * MP Swapper; by ||Lz3||
    Are you sure, because this looks quite evidently...?
    Last edited by ziegenpeter; 11-04-2009 at 18:06.

- Another wise man

Allied Armies mod at the following link, https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...81#post2138481, is not in the mini-mod-pack..

OK then I confused Allied Legion and Allied Armies...

- Another wise man