Thread: mongols

Default mongols

i have vanilla mod and patch 1.2 installed. i wonder why i havent encountered mongol and timunid. what should be the tirgger

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: mongols

128-144 years in for mongols and 288-304 years in for timurids. Just about same as unmodded.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

im at 1246 ad already and mongols hasnt arrived yet. will they caome before gun powder era

I already replied to your PM that you sent me earlier today.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

i dont receive any.. i am really confused til now why i havent seen them

Because its on your second account:
    Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    Quote Originally Posted by clev
    idunno what happend its already 1246 but still i dont have mongols. i have them once but then ive finished the game several time and i havent experienced mongols again
    1246 is 166 years in, that means they should have come already. Are you sure you never got the mongol video this time? Can you toggle_fow in console and check if they are anywhere? (They should be in Russia I think)

If not, check your descr_events file in your VanillaMod folder's many subfolders and find the mongol_invasion trigger and the numbers next to them. Are they the same as per the ones I posted?

If so, then the last resort is to turn on error logging (there's a thread describing how, might even be in my original included VanillaMod.cfg) and start a new campaign (don't save it, just start it to generate code) and then end it and read the errorlog. Its possible there was a compiler error somewhere when you started your current campaign resulting in events not playing. On that note, have you had any other historical events show up?

im really confused, anyways ill try to reinstall. tnx other events i know are americas, yes they pop up and show up. only emergent factions i havent seen

can i send you my auto save?

Hi, first of all thank you for this mod. Its going perfect as long as i have played it. I played a campaing until 1350 more or less, but i didnt like to get mongols in turn 2 and timurids in turn 4; with patch 0.93. I installed the 0.93b and went to change the turns/year, so i used the 0.5 value. My question is that; should i change x4 every date in the time frame events? For example a date that is showing 56 turns in the 2 years per turn, should i put then 224 turns? Wich is the event that sets the end of the game ? and at what year? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Corle
    …turns/year, so i used the 0.5 value…should i change x4 every date in the time frame events? For example…56 turns…should I put then 224 turns?
    The values in descr_events.txt are years, not turns, and the game automatically adjusts for that. (The only reason people change this is due to a mixture of impatience and disregard for accuracy.)

If you are going for historical accuracy you are going to have to change export_descr_ancillaries.txt instead—multiply turn numbers on the relevant ancillaries' triggers by four. Search for I_TurnNumber and be prepared to waste some time.

You may also wish to change descr_missions.txt, in order to ensure you get missions with the same frequency per year (for same frequency per turn, leave this file as-is). For the latter search for exclude_duration and multiply by four. Note: this will make the game harder in some ways, and easier in others because you will literally be getting missions only 25% as often as before.

Finally, if you can be bothered, there is a single line in export_descr_guilds.txt you may want to change. Search for I_TurnNumber and multiply by four.

Quote Originally Posted by Corle
    Wich [sic] is the event that sets the end of the game ? and at what year? Thank you.
    There is no end-the-game event perse—this is dealt with automatically by the year you set for enddate in descr_strat.txt.