Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Black Country [Concluded]

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

Default Re: The Black Country (IN PLAY)

the town might have just lost this one... i was voted for lurking and that was my fault ... but after i explained John and DIY never came here to have a chance to change their votes. so it was easy for beefy and pever to get me lynched..
    Sorry

I have exams in like, 1 and a half week, I don't really pay attention to the stuff I write recently

This means the most likely suspects are johnhughthom and Death is Yonder, if I were to believe you were a townie. Which makes sense because they were also responsible for the atheotes lynch after I suggested how silly it was to vote for Blackadder.
    I would simply like to say that if it comes down to voting between two of us, I think you know where 2 votes already go

Just up to the rest of you to decide whether you think John or me has been more scummy.

I leave my fate in the town's hands.

But naturally, me and john would probably vote each other.
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    All right; it is just that if you turn out innocent it is too late to save anyone because we needed your vote. We don't have two rounds if two mafia remain; it is already 5 townies 2 mafia at best, and at least 1 townie dies tonight, giving us the dreaded 4-2. If we fail to lynch a mafia on the next turn, that is 3-2 going into night phase and the end game is 2-2 townies lose automatically.

That is why you have to be very careful what you suggest; that vote yourself first strategy can only be a gaffe or a bluff, because no matter what side you're on, you lose the game. You're a smart guy Beefy and I think you would make a mistaken suggestion like that out of nervousness due to the pressure of being scrutinized and having to come up with a townie-perspective solution to the endgame at the same time.

EVERYONE has to vote the same way next round, no matter what; because if the townies are divided, we automatically lose due to the number of votes. We need to decide which way to vote and all vote that way, pevergreen included. I hope he can be serious for the final round; as I said I haven't found his contributions helpful so far, merely distracting and harmful. I am still tempted to follow my own gut and go for the Beefy/pevergreen combo starting with pevergreen just on principle. As it appears I may be a swing vote next round, I HIGHLY advise the townies to put their thinking caps on, analyze the thread, and for the love of PETE, give a solid argument as to why I should vote your way.

Beefy and pever, you have your work cut out for you. I'd rather not lose this game as I tend to think of the mafia as being very on the ball and aware of more than what the townies are. THAT is perhaps the only reason why I am leaning towards john or DIY; because you and pever have made some serious errors, which is not something I think you both would do if you were mafia at this late stage of the game.

Townies need to tighten up on this last round, that's all I'm saying. Please forgive my criticism, but unless we pull it together, starting right now, we lose and it is our own fault.
    Silly me, I thought we have 7 and forgot about the night kills.
    Forget what I said please

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Death is yonder View Post
    But naturally, me and john would probably vote each other.
    ORLY?

That makes things AWFULLY simple for me, because that means it's pretty much impossible to lynch Beefy or pevergreen who seem to have formed a voting bloc. Which means if you guys are both town, we lose.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

As in, in reference to
    I would simply like to say that if it comes down to voting between two of us
    That was what that sentence was meant for...

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Hmm, could somebody please break down the reason for suspicion against me, didn't understand it myself.

Alive
    pevergreen- innocent, according to Beefy
    johnhughthom- voted for Captain Blackadder
    Captain Blackadder- innocent by fact of total inactivity
    Tratorix- innocent due to atheotes investigation
    Beefy187- innocent, according to Beefy
    AtPG- innocent due to the fact that I am.
    Death is Yonder- voted for Captain Blackadder.
    pevergreen is innocent according to beefy, who is innocent according to.... himself... AtPG innocent according to himself...
    If I was mafia, I would not have voted for a completely inactive player, I would look to get rid of somebody who could hurt me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Hmm, could somebody please break down the reason for suspicion against me, didn't understand it myself.

pevergreen is innocent according to beefy, who is innocent according to.... himself... AtPG innocent according to himself...
    If I was mafia, I would not have voted for a completely inactive player, I would look to get rid of somebody who could hurt me.
    Only confirmed innocent so far is Tratorix and possibly ATPG.

All others are suspects.

You make a good point, john. It looks as though pever and beefy are working together. Beefy's words all but admit it because he's absolutely certain pever is "innocent".

You and DiY are the only other two who seem to be working together. The theory is that on the final round the mafia have to work together to pool their votes. Also of interest is if the mafia ends up choosing to kill someone from the group beefy and pever or john and Death, as it would indicate the other group is guilty. The logical move would be to kill Tratorix and me.

I would probably rely on the judgment of the dead townies when you guys make your decision. Those who don't are obviously mafia.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I accept Tratorix, why AtPG?
    edit: reply to beefy's post.

So both of us voting for an inactive person means I'm working with DiY? I can honestly say I have had no contact with him outside this thread, and I'm not sure I've even directly communicated in thread.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 07-23-2009 at 13:17.

I can answer that since I'm still inexplicably awake. Tratorix claimed detective and stated that he had found me innocent, but it was later revealed that atheotes was detective and had found tratorix innocent and I think Trat was speaking on his behalf.

Although I admit I am not 100% on that.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

So both of us voting for an inactive person means I'm working with DiY? I can honestly say I have had no contact with him outside this thread, and I'm not sure I've even directly communicated in thread.
    I can vouch for that.

I can answer that since I'm still inexplicably awake. Tratorix claimed detective and stated that he had found me innocent, but it was later revealed that atheotes was detective and had found tratorix innocent and I think Trat was speaking on his behalf.

Although I admit I am not 100% on that.
    The simplest solution would be for Atheotes to show up again to confirm it, wouldn't it?

This isn't "revealing results pm whilst dead", this is just confirming if Tratorix was speaking on his behalf, I hope that's allowable?

Well of course you can vouch for that.

As for the second part, I'm thinking I'll pretty much vote whichever way atheotes and tratorix says. One is confirmed detective, and the other voted Taka down at atheotes' request I believe. If I happen to go down, I hope you remaining townies do the same. I agree the simplest solution is to simply vote the way atheotes says and hope he guesses correctly. If anyone is not satisfied with that, I'd be interested to know why.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Well of course you can vouch for that.

As for the second part, I'm thinking I'll pretty much vote whichever way atheotes and tratorix says. One is confirmed detective, and the other voted Taka down at atheotes' request I believe. If I happen to go down, I hope you remaining townies do the same. I agree the simplest solution is to simply vote the way atheotes says and hope he guesses correctly. If anyone is not satisfied with that, I'd be interested to know why.
    I object.

Without his detective ability (well his dead) atheotes is no more then any of us.

He may have knowledge we don't have like confirmation of tratorix and ATPGs innocence, but other then that, he can only do what we can do. Analysing.

I would vote for whoever deserved to be lynched at that point.
    If atheotes could tell us who to vote with a good reason, then I am happy to follow his lead.

He has one thing none of us really have; absolute proof of innocence. I will listen to his opinion over everyone else's here.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The thing is that, anything Atheotes say is likely to be an UNBIASED point of view.

He is a dead person already, unconcerned much, is 100% not the mafia, and hence, any argument made is sure to be totally in the interest of helping town to win, and one can be sure there won't be any manipulation/ subtle meaning in the analysis.

I disagree with your point beefy.

Blog Entries

He has one thing none of us really have; absolute proof of innocence. I will listen to his opinion over everyone else's here.
    Proof of innocence of two players who is least suspected.

I will only consider his opinion if its good. Hopefully it is.

I believe the writeup pointed to him being the detective... worse still we mathematically cannot afford to have a divided town on the last round, that means mafia automatically wins. What you're asking is that the entire town supports your point of view over the proven townie dead detective.

That is something I cannot do....

*whips out his purple lightsaber*
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

You must be stopped, Lord Beefy

*Draws Blue Blade*

Edit: I suppose the next round will be the entire population agreeing to a general consensus on who gets voted out?
    Last edited by Death is yonder; 07-23-2009 at 14:27.

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    beefy is convinced that pever is innocent and he never responded to my query... it is very scummy
    my choice for lynch was tratorix but had to vote pever to try to save myself... tratorix should be lynched next round though...

i am not sure if i can reveal results... the rules dont say anthing specific... i will wait for confirmation from AVSM.... anyways revealing during the night is counterproductive
    Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    i wish AVSM will decide to allow me to speak about this
    pay attention

i will send a PM to AVSM before saying anymore...
    Last edited by atheotes; 07-23-2009 at 14:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Tratorix View Post
    Well, the town's lost. Great job mafia.

Also, atheotes investigated me, ATPG and Beskar. All innocents, which means none of those people are henchmen.
    ORLY?

Why is atheotes now pointing the finger at you?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

This is really very odd.

Blog Entries

I believe the writeup pointed to him being the detective... worse still we mathematically cannot afford to have a divided town on the last round, that means mafia automatically wins. What you're asking is that the entire town supports your point of view over the proven townie dead detective.

That is something I cannot do....

*whips out his purple lightsaber*
    I am not asking anyone to agree with my point of view.

I'm just saying that we should all speak up your own ideas and think carefully instead of blindly trust a certain player. Even if that player is unbiased and confirmed innocent

Read atheotes post again. That totally changes stuff doesn't it?

Hopefully when the morning comes, a little more knowledge could light our way. I do think we need to agree to a total bandwagon on one player, because it's possible that we picked our second mafioso wrong and they could always just switch votes at the last minute. We have to prevent that if we want to have a shot at winning this thing.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Once again.

All PMs are quotable. That is all.

Also, if I didn't make them public-quotable, it would have been a lot of effort for nothing.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

ORLY?

Why is atheotes now pointing the finger at you?
    I don't know. It's confusing me too.

Atheotes contacted me during the last day phase claiming detective. Let's get one thing straight here: I do have a detective role. Apparently atheotes did as well. The taka investigation came from me, I didn't know atheote's role until the last phase. I don't think this will really matter though, as the mafia have two kills tonight and there should be two of them left. That leaves us with 5 votes, one belonging to the absent Captain Blackadder. Therefore, the game may be over tonight. I'll investigate Beefy tonight, which will leave pevergreen, DIY or johnhugthom as the second mafia henchmen if he is innocent.

Sultry Gangster Babe Member Diana Abnoba's Avatar
    In a Gangster's Paradise, eating lobster and drinking fine wine.

@ Tratorix
    That sounds like a plan. Did you investigate anyone else-results please.

@ Atheotes
    It sound like AVSM is giving the okay to tell us your results. Please post them, town needs the help.
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Abnoba View Post
    @ Atheotes
    It sound like AVSM is giving the okay to tell us your results. Please post them, town needs the help.
    Seconded.

munch, munch

Blog Entries

I don't know. It's confusing me too.

Atheotes contacted me during the last day phase claiming detective. Let's get one thing straight here: I do have a detective role. Apparently atheotes did as well. The taka investigation came from me, I didn't know atheote's role until the last phase. I don't think this will really matter though, as the mafia have two kills tonight and there should be two of them left. That leaves us with 5 votes, one belonging to the absent Captain Blackadder. Therefore, the game may be over tonight. I'll investigate Beefy tonight, which will leave pevergreen, DIY or johnhugthom as the second mafia henchmen if he is innocent.
    Why should we trust a second investigator? Especially after the real detective accusing you?

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Everybody was kung fu fighting"

pevergreen dances off to the music in his head.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post
    Why should we trust a second investigator? Especially after the real detective accusing you?
    Cause I got taka lynched? Why would I fake a detective reveal near the beginning of the game with a real detective still out there? It would be a rather stupid move.

Blog Entries

Cause I got taka lynched? Why would I fake a detective reveal near the beginning of the game with a real detective still out there? It would be a rather stupid move.
    I could think of at least 3 reason why you did that assuming you are the mafia.
    Well, i'll wait for atheotes to say what he needs to say.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast