Thread: High Honor Units

Blah and assorted comments Member Foreign Devil's Avatar

Smile

Has anyone noticed that units that suffer heavy casualties tend to get increases in honor? I.E., i had a unit of Yari Cavalry with only 8 men left, so just for kicks i ordered them to charge into a unit or archers. When the battle was over, i noticed they had 2 or 3 men left, and that thier honor had increased by 2. I also have had numerous units of no-dachi and monks that have at least 4 honor but only 5 men left in the unit. Argh. Any thoughts?

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

I think the honour comes after they kill a lot not considerng big losses;i didnt played shogun since M:TW arrives and i dont remember exactly;
    but if they kill a lot they gain honour; is normal that small units have big honour cause only the best survive a fierce battle:)
    maybe someone else will remember more about honour
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Each soldier has his own honour rating,. This increases depending on how many men he kills. Decimated units have usually made lots of kills themselves. the honour of a unit is based on those making it up, consequently a few men with lots of kills will result in a unit with very high honour. If you retrain the unit and add lots of raw troops the honour will go down accordingly.
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Blah and assorted comments Member Foreign Devil's Avatar

I'm not sure that honor is based entirely on how many men a unit kills, I've often seen units kill in excess of 100 men and not get any honor bonus, and in the same battle, have units gain honor while only having killed 30 or so men. Perhaps the individual kills of each man in your units are tracked, and individual soldiers are awarded honor? Thats seems to fit the facts. When a unit makes few kills and gets an honor increase, maybe enough soldiers have gotten more honor to push up the average for the entire unit. Hmm... a possibel way to check this would be to look at the kills for a unit who has increased its honor by 2.... possibly...or something....

Senior Member Senior Member Ithaskar Fëarindel's Avatar

Catiline is correct but add that the higher the honour of a man the much harder it is for him to go up.

Also, take into consideration that if the first front line of your unit all go up to hon 5, the unit honour will increase to 3/4, but if the frontline then gets killed the honour goes back down; the unit would have a high kill rate, probably in the hundreds, but since all of the men that are left are still low honour, the unit honour remains at 2.

I think (these stats from memory)Kensai at hon0 requires 5 kills to reach 1, 10 to reach 2, 18 to reach 3, 30 to reach 4. It maybe different for each unit type, so a YariSam might need only 3 kills to reach 1, 6 for 2, 10 for 3, etc. etc.
    Fëa-Quendi

*~Member of the Ronin Warlords and of UGLI~*
    *~IthaskarRW~*

Running round in circles IS better, B!

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

wooohooooo, a quote to take out of context...

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Catiline is correct
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra