Thread: CTD 230 BC

Default CTD 230 BC

When i click end turn, the AI movement are fine until Sarumatae turn, when i immediately get a CTD (always, tried 5 times, with both EB scripts on or off).

Got the 1.2 fixes installed at the campaign start...

Here the savegame: http://ul.to/1qon1z

EDIT: I tried some of the workaround suggested by the FAQ, but no luck for now...can anyone try my savegame to see if the CTD happens anyway?
    Last edited by BBuk80; 07-23-2009 at 11:46.

Default Re: CTD 230 BC

Damn, so bad, then can't complete my roman campaign...noone got any ideas to get past my CTD?
    Seems i'm not getting much "official" assistance here^^

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about it being july these days.

Define "Some of the workaround suggested by the FAQ". Which FAQ? The frequent issues, perhaps? If not, definitely go there. Which suggestions have you tried? Which have you not tried, and why?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about it being july these days.

Define "Some of the workaround suggested by the FAQ". Which FAQ? The frequent issues, perhaps? If not, definitely go there. Which suggestions have you tried? Which have you not tried, and why?
    I'm not complaining at all, i know it's july, plus this is a free mod so no reasons to complain. :)
    (just sad i'm not able to play more :P)

Yes, was speking about the frequent issues thread, tried :

- reload and re-try
    - tried older save game
    - demolished game fields
    - prevented my cities to rebel
    - tried with both EB scripts activated and not activated

Not tried:

- start the game with BI or Alexander as i don't have them
    - prevented AI cities to rebel ( as i don't know how, don't even know if anyone is revolting btw)

Then you should try to prevent the AI cities from rebelling. The frequent issues entry details some ways you can do this, copied here. Let me know which parts are unclear.

• Check for the pitchfork icon when double-clicking each city.
    • For each city with a pitchfork, make sure it does not rebel. There are many ways to do this:
    • EITHER: Reduce the population of all rebellious settlements: add_population <settlement> -4000, where settlement is the name of the settlement.
    • OR: Install the force diplomacy mod and force them to sell you the settlement.
    • OR: Teleport over a unit and lay siege to the settlement. move_character "<character name>" <x>, <y>. The character name is complicated
      If he's named Appivs Cornelivs Blasio, for instance, his real name could be "AppivsG Romanvs", "AppivsJ Romanvs" or any other letter between A and K after his first name.
      for Romans, and "Firstname Middlenamelastname" for others (make note of capitalization, hyphens and lacking space!). X and Y are the map coordinates to teleport him to.
      You may get the coordinates where you want to go to by: Write show_cursorstat in the console (don't press enter), then point the mouse where you want to go and press enter to apply the command. The console will output the coordinates.
      You cannot teleport to sea, cities or impassable terrain.

• If it's not a rebellious city, or you're unable to prevent the revolt through other means, you can try to take over control of the faction in question.
      • Make a backup copy of your savegame just in case.
      • Make a backup copy of eb/data/scripts/show_me/generic_script.txt.
      • Modify eb/data/scripts/show_me/generic_script.txt to include a line console_command control <troublesome faction> between script and end script. Look up the internal name of the faction in question here:
        seleucid - Romani
        greek_cities - Koinon Hellenon
        thrace - Epeiros
        macedon - Makedonia
        numidia - Ptolemaioi
        romans_julii - Arche Seleukeia
        romans_brutii - Baktria
        romans_scipii - Hayasdan
        carthage - Pontos
        pontus - Saka Rauka
        armenia - Sauromatae
        parthia - Pahlava
        dacia - Getai
        germans - Sweboz
        scythia - Arverni
        gauls - Aedui
        britons - Casse
        spain - Lusotannan
        egypt - Qarthadastim
        saba - Saba
      • Run EB and load your savegame. Activate the normal background script.
      • Activate the generic script by pressing F1 on your keyboard, then the question mark button and finally SHOW ME. You should lose control of your faction and gain control over the troublesome one.
      • Save the game at this point so you can experiment freely.
      • Do stuff to see if you can get around the problem. Make sure they don't have any revolts, check out their characters for clones (if so, endeavour to move them somewhere they can't interact with anything), cancel all construction/recruitment, destroy all governments, move all their units around and so on. Experiment without inhibitions. End turn.
      • If you do get past the crash, save and exit the game.
      • Modify the generic_script.txt to no longer switch control to the troublesome faction, but rather back to your own.
      • Run EB and load the savegame. Do the same maneuver you did when transferring control to the other faction; F1 and so on.
      • When you're back to your own faction, save the game and exit.
      • Revert the generic_script.txt to the original one.
      • Run EB and continue your campaign.
    Last edited by bovi; 07-28-2009 at 17:58.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Well, my problem is i'm really a noob :P

So I need to know how to remove fog of war and how to use the "cheats" to remove population from the eventual AI city in revolt mood :)

Thank you for the help ;)

Oh. I think a google search would certainly have yielded that bit of information, but anyway. Press the key on your keyboard which is below Esc. Most probably this will be a tilde ~, but on non-English keyboards like mine it is not (it's rather a pipe | on mine but I'm certain other keyboards have yet others).

Now you get a console where you can enter commands. The commands are already detailed to you.
    Last edited by bovi; 07-29-2009 at 17:44.

================
    ================

Thanks, my problem was to understand which is the right key on my non-english keyboard, in fact :)

Anyway, with the FOW removed seems that the crash happens in Eleutheroi turn, and with map focused on Iuvavoeta (sp?) (north of patavium) or one of the other 2 towns near it. Noone of them shows pitchforks, but removed population anyway in all of them but the crash still happens everytime.

I've just read in another thread that there is no way to gain control over them with the usual command, any other suggestions?

Thank you again

Actually, i'm pretty sure that there is a way to gain control of the eleutheroi: we just need to discover the internal name.
    i'm doing some tests right now, i get the exact same CTD, i'll keep you informed =)

I solved it like this:
    Take some units that can reach iuvavoaeta
    Battle the troops near it
    in the scroll, every battle, open the console and type auto_win attacker
    rinse and repeat until the armies near iuvavoaeta are killed and iuvavoaeta is conquered.
    Give some Mnai to Eleutheroi for compensing =)

Yes, there is no point adjusting population levels of the eleutheroi; they never revolt so that crash is not relevant. If the suggestion of smacking around their armies in that location doesn't help, I suggest going at all of their non-garrisoned armies. Make sure to save your game before every time you test passing the turn, so you don't have to repeat your work every time.

================
    ================

I got no eleutheroi armies at all in that zone, just a 1 unit sweboz army. Killed that and occupied the city without positive result, still getting the CTD.

Will try killing all the eleutheroi armies wandering on the map then?

Eheh maybe will be faster to start a new campaign :)

As I was saying, you could do it with a couple, then save and try to end turn.

================
    ================