Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Capo di Tutti Capi III (Sign up closed)

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Capo di Tutti Capi III (Sign up closed)

Hello all! It's time for...

Capo di Tutti Capi III

If you are interested in playing, I am looking for 75 or more players (capping the game at 120) to enact this latest installment.

Please sign up below. I will add a second post with updated rules etc. (no major changes from CDTC2 expected) in a second post in this thread.

Gameplay will occur in a separate thread, with a parallel summary thread for quick review.

Once rules are posted, I will answer questions on gameplay etc. in this thread.

This thread will be closed when that game begins, and please keep our moderators happy by not spamming this one too badly.

Thanks, and I look forward to gaming with you.
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 07-22-2009 at 22:30.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Capo di Tutti Capi III (Extended Sign Ups)

Below are the basic rules of play as well as a list of players.

Code of Ethics
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    To begin with, all players are expected to adhere to the following code of ethics during play. The code has been annotated in a different color text to denote particulars relevant to CdTC-III.

Gameroom Mafia Player’s Code of Ethics

I will endeavor to adhere to the basic rules for good posting/participation expected of all members of the .org community.

I will not use screenshots relating to a mafia game during that mafia game. This includes my posts within the thread, my private messages, my individual e-mails or any other means of communication.

This is hugely important for Capo games. Part of the charm of Capo is the degree of ambiguity and the lack, for the most part, of absolute results on investigations etc. You are free to fabricate, connive, or otherwise finesse your way to success. Screenshots destroy this and make the game pretty much moot.

I will not use an alternate .org identity for any aspect of a mafia game and will restrict myself to the identity used in signing up for the game for all communication relating to that game. Note: multiple identities is against org policy and may draw unfavorable attention from moderators and administrators.

If I have additional abilities as a moderator or administrator on the forum, I will endeavor not to use those abilities as part of my participation in a mafia game, save where asked to do so by the game’s host in response to a valid moderator-related question or function.

As I have learned, it is impossible for moderators to "turn off" some features, such as their ability to see those who are "invisible." I am also well aware of the personal sense of honor moderators bring to the job -- players have nothing to fear regarding their mods in a game setting, as much history here in the Gameroom will confirm. Also, a moderator who did contravene such might fall afoul of TosaInu. The last to do so was....well, its hard to believe that in a country as small as The Netherlands, they still haven't found anything....

I will not quote from a private message or from a chat log in the main thread of a mafia game and will not do so in private messages, e-mails, or other communications with anyone who was not originally a party to that message or chat unless permitted to do so by the game host.

Such quotations ARE permitted in CdTC-III, provided that no screenshots are used and that none of the restricted information (noted in red on your role PMs) from your role PMs is discussed. Please remember that our creative group might also be fabricating this sort of thing.

I will endeavor to abide by the rules and conditions laid out by a host for her or his own game at all times.

If I believe that I have accidentally contravened this code, broken one of the rules laid out by the host, or believe myself to be on the receiving end of another who has done so, I will report my behavior to the host, attaching any relevant support information, and await the decision of that game host before continuing play.

Rules of Play
    Setting
    Fatlington, New Jersey, February 1951:

It’s a cool and -- for the Jersey Shore -- surprisingly snowy February. Fatlington has been isolated by federal authorities and the New Jersey guard and the locals are all but panicking at the isolation. To add to this pressure cooker, Commissioner Fermanagh has learned that the mafia -- thought to have been defeated -- is once again attempting to make a play for control of Fatlington. Mayor Tosa Inu, who is off visiting his Argentine mistress away on a hiking trip in the Appalachians, has instructed Fermanagh to reconvene the Committee of Vigilance to deal with this threat.

You are one of the city's "best and brightest" who will be part of the committee. As is usual with these sad affairs, some of those present are responsible for the town's troubles and it is your job to weed them out and save the town. Sadly, Fatlings (only snobbish New Yorkers say Fatlingtonians) are all too familiar with this process. It bodes well to be a "sickly season" for Fatlington.

It is Thursday, February 1st, 1951. The United Nations are fighting the "police action" in Korea, and have just recently absorbed the longest retreat in US history following the intervention of the Chinese "volunteers" in November of 1950. It is the winter of the "Frozen Chosin" and bitter fighting in North Korea. Europe is still a shambles following the Second World War and just beginning its recovery. Israel is less than two years old and enjoying a brief respite between wars. At home in the USA, Sen. Joseph McCarthy is in his hey-day hunting communists, Truman's popularity is waning, the Down Jones average is 269, a car costs $1800 and the average annual salary is $4200. Television is just beginning it's takeover of America. In 1948, there were only 350,000 TV's in operation. At the start of 1951, there were around 2 million (fully a third of them in New York City), but by the end of 1951 there would be over 7 million sets in the USA and I Love Lucy starts in October. But will Fatlington move into the modern era? If so, under whose control?

How to Win
    In general, the town wins when all the mafia Dons are dead – including any new Dons that have “hatched.” A mafia family wins when its members outnumber the remaining mafia & townspeople (which include any independent Wise Guys for this purpose) and all of the other family’s mafia dons are dead. A draw can occur if all of the mafia Dons have died and the numbers of remaining “townies” and Mafiosi are exactly equal.

Individually, each player will have the opportunity to earn a level of victory roughly parallel to that used in the Total War series. The specifics (subject to gamehost adjustment) for a Decisive, Clear, or Close victory will be spelled out in your role PMs, as well as the conditions for the degree of a loss.

Game Phases and Basic Gameplay
    At the outset of the game you will be randomly assigned a role, the role PM explaining the particulars will be sent to you, and shortly thereafter, play will commence.

For the most part, the usual sequence of 24-hour days and 24-hour nights will be followed. Some of these phases (notably nights 1 and 2) may be extended where necessary to account for outside events/unusual situations. In no instance, save for the first day phase, will the time period be decreased below 24 hours. Please note, however, the first phase of this game will be a day phase (Day One) during which no lynching will occur, only the initial Director’s selection (see roles below).

Day Phase: Each day the town may vote to lynch one suspect from among the list of players. Each townsperson save for the director can cast one vote (see below for procedure). On odd-numbered day phases, the town also votes to select a Director (see below for procedure). The game-master will write up the results of these votes and post them for general consumption, along with any juicy particulars about any executions. The game then proceeds to the next night phase.

Night Phase: Every role has something to do at night – even if your choice is to do nothing. Since every role can be active, with investigations attempted, murders, etc., all players should PM the game-master during each night phase to indicate their actions. The game-master will respond as quickly as possible, and will write up results that take effect immediately prior to the next day phase and voting. THe first two night phases will probably be lengthier than normal to provide coordination and discussion time at the outset of the game.

Night Actions: Every player has the option to “get some sleep” on any given night. Depending on roles, you may be attempting a kill, investigating someone, or protecting someone instead. Unless indicated otherwise by specific instructions in your role PM, most night actions aside from investigations require teams of participants. Note:

a) You may participate in one and only one killing attempt or protection attempt each night. Investigations MAY – depending on role – be done in addition.

b) Your PM's to me must indicate clearly your actions and provide all of the necessary information or you will be listed as "sleeping" that night. Feel free to provide whatever level of detail you wish (kill specifics etc). Within the constraints of playability I will endeavor to use all such material, but reserve the right to edit if necessary for game play.

PM Example:

Night 4: Working with Red Harvest and Divinus Arma, I will kill Strike for the South.
    c) should one of the partners in your group fail to PM me, or should they PM me with different instructions (accidentally or on purpose), you group may not have the requisite numbers to perform a given night action successfully. The write up will indicate that failure, but may or may not reveal who did not participate.

Note: Townies participating in a “vigilante” killing who end up operating solo, by happenstance or betrayal, run a risk of being killed (1 chance in 3). Wise Guys or Mafiosi operating solo run a risk of being identified (1 chance in 6).

PM's and PMing
    As you have probably already noted, significant part of the game-play involves PMs sent back and forth between the Host and the players.

PMs are expected each night from all players so that I can write-up the actions for a given night and provide you with the results. Please be patient with this process, as there are a lot of folks, particularly in the first few rounds, with whom I have to exchange messages.

PMs will be sent notifying you of investigation results, night action results, changes in status, as well as your starting role in the game.

PLEASE get your PM to me by the deadlines posted in the thread. I will seldom be able to take a “late” PM and have it count as this is unlikely to be fair to the other players.

To familiarize you with the format I will use in PM’s here are two examples:

#1 A copy of the starting role PM that will be sent to all townspersons.

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Seamus
    Role

Townie

Victory Condition

You achieve victory by voting to lynch suspicious individuals and/or participate personally in their removal until such time as: a) all of the Mafia Dons, original and created, have been killed and the remaining townies and unaligned WiseGuys outnumber the remaining Mafiosi OR until your character has died. Your personal survival, though it will add to the level of your victory, is secondary to the overall success of the town.

Powers & Responsibilities

A. General:

1. Townies have no special role-related qualities at the outset of the game – you are the “salt of the earth” of Fatlington.

2. Here is where information as to any whacky individual characteristics will go. They will NOT be for sharing with any other player, but may provide you some advantage. ANY information in RED on your rolesheets is to be held in strict confidence and NOT shared in any manner during the game unless specified by the role itself without the express prior consent of the Game host. You have been warned. Save it for your post-game write up.

B. Day Actions:

1. You can select/vote as can all players.

C. Night Actions:

1. In combination with 3 other townies, you can form a vigilante group (4 required) and attempt to kill one other player. More than 4 townies can work in the same group, though this does not provide any other benefit aside from participation credit. If only 2 or 3 townies participate in a kill effort, that effort automatically fails. If only 1 townie attempts a kill, that effort fails and the townie has a 1 in 3 chance of dying themselves in making the failed attempt.

2. After two such successful kills, you may elect to continue the game as a Wiseguy, or you may remain a Townie. You will be given this role-change opportunity only once.

3. In combination with 2 other townies, you can form a protection group (3 required) and attempt to protect one other player. If no attack occurs, nothing happens. If the target is attacked your group will save her/him and receive credit for the save. More than 3 townies can work in the same group, though this does not provide any other benefit aside from participation credit. If only 2 townies participate in a save effort and the target is attacked, that effort automatically fails. If only 1 townie attempts a save and the target is attacked, that effort fails and the townie has a 1 in 3 chance of dying themselves in making the failed attempt.

4. After two such successful saves, one of your group may be selected (randomly) to continue the game as a Doctor. If refused, the opportunity will be passed to another member of that group. You will be given this role-change opportunity only once.

5. If you: a) choose to continue in a protection group without becoming a doctor, b) have never participated in a killing, and c) you participate in a two additional saves, you will be offered the opportunity to become a Detective for the remainder of the Game. You will be given this role-change opportunity only once.

D. Investigations

1. If investigated by a Detective or a Made Gangster, it is most probable that you will be discovered as “innocent.” Remember, however, that a significant minority (20%) of townspeople will register as “unclear” rather than innocent if investigated by a Made and as “criminal” if investigated by a detective. These 20% minorities will not be the same for both categories. You will only register as “guilty” if you have participated in a killing.

2. You may not investigate another player.

Victory Conditions

Town win with 41+% of original townie roles surviving = decisive victory.
    Town win with 21-40% of original townie roles surviving = clear victory.
    Town win with fewer than 20% of the original townie roles surviving = close victory.
    Neither side wins = draw.
    Town defeat with fewer than 10% of the orginal mafiosi or wiseguys surviving = close defeat.
    Town defeat 11-25% of orginal mafiosi or wiseguys roles surviving = clear defeat.
    Town defeat 26+% of orginal mafiosi or wiseguys roles surviving = decisive defeat.
    -- Your personal survival moves you one category up on this scale.

Role Changing

As noted above under night actions, it is possible for you to change roles. Once you change roles from Townie to WiseGuy, Doctor or Detective, however, you may not reverse the decision – you have made a permanent change. You may progress into other roles from there as appropriate to your new role. Victory conditions will be as for that new role.
    #2 Results PM

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Seamus
    RE: N4

AB, BC, CD: Protect Tosa Inu = Success!

As this is the 2nd success for all of you, one of you will be promoted to Doctor. The person randomly selected is BC (new role PM will follow shortly).

Clarity to Balance the Ambiguity
    Upon death, the local gendarmerie will launch a full investigation of that individual to try to determine the reason they were killed. Though slow (results reported on the 3rd morning after death), their then-current role will be revealed. Unfortunately, the specific actions of that individual -- what they did with their role -- will remain a mystery (until the post-game!).

Since investigations are imperfect in this game and since roles can be taken a number of different directions (or even changed), this provision gives the town some hope of a successful conclusion. Please note however, that this revelation will occur a significant period of time after the death of that player.

Lynch Voting and Director Selection
    There are two types, lynch voting and Director selection. Each living townie except the director may vote to lynch one townsperson per day. On odd-numbered days, each living townie may also vote for the next director (who gets a two-day term).

To lynch a suspect:

You may vote or not vote at your choice. Please be aware however, that persistently avoiding the voting process will result in your removal from play. While the game-master reserves the right to remove someone from play when/if needed at the host's discretion, as a “rule-of-thumb” missing 3 votes in a row or 5 overall is likely to result in your removal.

Legal vote choices include:
    1. voting by name for a living fellow townie to express your preference for their lynching
    2. voting “abstain” indicating you have no preference as to who is lynched
    3. voting “no lynch” indicating that you want no one lynched that day
    4. voting “present” to indicate your continued participation

To be counted, a vote MUST be posted in bold typeface using the following format:

e.g. Vote: Seamus

To change a vote, please post the following:

e.g. Unvote: TosaInu; Vote: Seamus

To select a Director:

You may:

1. “Select: Name” to select a given player as director
    2. “Select: Abstain” indicating you have no preference
    3. “Select: Vacant” to have the post vacant (filled by Chief Seamus)
    4. “Select: Present” to indicate your continued participation

To be counted, a vote MUST be posted in bold typeface using the following format:

e.g. Select: Seamus

To change a vote, please post the following:

e.g. Sack: TosaInu; Select: Seamus

IMPORTANT RULE NOTIFICATION BY HOST: You may NOT edit a post containing a vote or selection. If you do this, you will receive a warning. Repeat it, and you will be removed from the game. It is important for players (and the host) to be able to track such changes properly. Remember, you are free to change your vote and/or re-post any other information in a new post, but do NOT edit the vote/selection post itself. Thanks.

Playing While Dead
    While there are no "hero closets" in CdTC, you ARE encouraged to continue play once your character has died so as to contribute to your family/side's victory if possible.

There ARE important restrictions than must be observed:
    1. The dead may post, but not vote/select nor carry out any night actions.
    2. Dead players may not reveal their roles publicly or privately until that role has been revealed as per section V and may not reveal their “familiy” or role particulars even after that time.
    3. Dead players may not quote from a PM unless that PM has been posted in the public thread by a living player.
    4.Dead players may not reveal, recount or allude to their previous night actions (or results thereof in the case of investigations) publicly or privately – even to confirm a previously made public or private reveal.
    5. Unsure? Ask the host!

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS! Both previous iterations of CdTC came close to being scrapped because one or more of the recently dead was frustrated and posted material that should not have been. As this can spoil the play/chances of others, it is very important that you abide by the rules above. Frustration at your being betrayed is understandable, but remember that it is just a game and that others, including your team-mates and associates, are still at play. Moreover, moderators take a dim view of such antics and could suspend your Gameroom privileges -- please make this rendition of CdTC fun for all even if you are momentarily frustrated.

Screenshots and Miscellaneous Points
    No screenshots may be used, from or to anyone, for ANY purpose – this includes during PMs. Feel free to quote from the public portion of my Role PM’s to you or to fabricate as you see fit. Each role PM will also have an “eyes only” section that is never to be revealed, quoted, or alluded to in your interactions with others under penalty of removal from the game.

Chatlog conversations may be referenced/quoted, but may not be copied via screenshot. Note: it can be difficult to maintain role secrecy during chat conversations.

"Suicide" will not be allowed in this game (it is possible to create an unplayable game with nothing but suicide pact challenges going on. This is not the intended mode of play for this game).
    Players who must remove themselves from play for schedule reasons should send me a PM. I will then write them out of play.

It is STRONGLY suggested that all players enable “invisible” mode so that technology is not used to trap you. If you remain visible while on the .org boards, your activity can be logged and compared against a "normal" profile providing clues as to your role, working partners, etc.

Game Roles
    Usually referred to in the male singular, no disrespect intended.

Townie Roles:

Detective:

May investigate two persons per night phase. The investigation will list the individual as innocent (Townie, Don), criminal (Luca, Made not killing, Wise Guy not having killed at all, and some townies), or guilty (Luca or Made on the night of kill, Wise Guy or Townie who has killed – you either get the current kill or their whole track record as well). Acts as a Townie in other respects. Always reads as “innocent” if investigated.

Doctor:

May protect one person from murder each night phase (this protection extends to multiple attempts). Acts as a Townie in other respects. After 2 successful protections (attacked, did not die), the Doctor becomes a Surgeon. Doctors display investigation results as for a standard townie.

FBI Detective:

May investigate two persons per night phase. Results, which parallel those of the regular detective but tend to be more accurate given the FBI’s greater resources, are delayed in comparison to a normal detective because of the need to interact with FBI bureaucracy. May not participate in any murders and always reads as “innocent” if investigated.

Surgeon:

Functions in all respects as a Doctor, but anyone attacking the Surgeon’s protectee not only fails to kill the target, but has a 1 in 3 chance of dying in the attempt. Unlike Doctors, surgeons always register “innocent” if investigated.

Townie:

A townie has no special abilities – at least at the start. Most Townies will appear as “innocent” if investigated by a detective, though 1 in 6-8 will appear “criminal” despite their innocence. If investigated by a Made, most will appear “innocent” though 1-2 in 6 will appear “unclear.” Townies may band together to kill one target per night phase, but must do so in groups of 4. If this strategy is chosen, you will appear “guilty/criminal” in subsequent investigations. Townies who have successfully accomplished 2 murders will all change roles to Wise Guy(Gal). Townies may also band together in groups of 3 to provide protection to one Townie (not in their group), functioning as a Doctor. 2 successful protections (attacked, did not die) allow them to select one of their group as a full Doctor. Each subsequent successful protection will result in another member being promoted.

Neutral Roles:

Director of the Committee of Vigilance:

On the first day phase, and then on each odd numbered day phase thereafter, the town elects the person who will direct the lynching effort. That person shall be director for the next two lynchings following their selection. [e.g. Elected Day 1, Director Day 2, Director Day 3, Elected Day 3, Director Day 4 & 5, etc.] That person will choose the lynching mode, carry out the lynching, and, in the event of a tie vote, the director will decide who among those tied for the most votes will be executed. The director can execute none, one, more, or all of those tied votees at the Director’s discretion. The Director is provided with a special goon squad to aid in the executions, and this squad also makes it impossible to kill the Director while they are in office. While directing the lynchings, the individual in question may not vote for anyone to be lynched, though they may help select the next director.

Wise Guy/Gal:

A wise guy/gal belongs to no criminal family…yet. They may be recruited by a family and start doing “wetwork” for that family; they may “go straight” functioning as a regular townie and not getting involved in crime, or they may attempt to operate in conjunction with a group of individuals sharing the same wise guy/gal role, creating their own “family.”

If investigated by a detective, the Wiseguy will appear “criminal” if they have not been involved in a killing and “guilty” if they have…even if that killing was a while back. If investigated by a made, they will appear either as “criminal” or “unclear.”

A Wiseguy becomes a “Made gangster” after having participating in 3 killings for a family and having received consent from the family Don. They may or may not be made aware of the Don’s identity, at that family’s discretion. They do assume the investigative powers of a Made gangster as well as their investigation status.

Wiseguys operating as an independent “family” have no Dons, Mades, or Lucas, and can perform only 1 killing for each 3 Wiseguys. Following their 3rd successful murder, these 3 wiseguys may choose one of their group to become a Made. Each subsequent killing will result in a further promotion.

Mafiosi Roles:

Don(na):

A Don is the leader of her/his crime “family.” Their objective is to eliminate all of the other dons in the game, and to have more members in their crime “family” than the total of innocent townies and opposing criminals, thus gaining control and becoming the “Capo de tutti Capi.” There will be 5 families: Corleone, Tataglia, Barzini, Stracchi, and Cunnio; bold for small game]

A Don normally cannot kill opponents during a “night” phase, and must work through others. Normally, however, they appear as “innocent” if investigated by a detective or made, so they can camouflage themselves well. Even the FBI detective is unlikely to spot them. If the Don has lost all the other members of her/his family, they may perform 1 kill per “night” phase. However, subsequent to any such killing they will be identified as “guilty” if investigated by a detective, and “criminal” if investigated by a made.

In addition, a Don is normally protected by their Luca, making them effectively unkillable. Should her/his Luca not be functioning in “protection” mode, the Don may be killed as would any other Townie.

Luca:

A Luca is one of the two initial “Made” gangsters in a crime family. The Luca’s objective is to protect their “Don.” This protection function is always “on” unless the Luca is undertaking other duties. The Luca is automatically aware of the identity of the family don.

A Luca does not normally kill opponents during a “night” phase, but may function as a Made gangster in this regard (no recruiting investigation), participating in a killing each night. If participating in a killing that “night,” the Luca cannot provide protection for the don. A Luca appears “criminal” if investigated by a Detective or Made, but “guilty” only on the night of a killing even if they have participated in killings before.

Made Gangster:

A Made is one of the two initial “Made” gangsters in a crime family. Their objective is to lead up the “wet-work” efforts on behalf of their crime family, eventually controlling the town. If investigated by a Detective or another Made, a Made gangster appears “criminal.” If investigated by a Detective during a “night” phase in which the made gangster is actively involved in a killing, they appear “guilty.” In addition, a Made gangster can conduct one “recruiting” investigation per “night” phase. This investigation will determine if the individual is “criminal,” “innocent,” or “unclear.” The initial made gangster of a family is automatically aware of the identity of the family Don.

If a family Don has been killed (or never existed), the Made may become a Don provided that:

There is at least one other Made in the family.
    All the other Made Gangsters in your family agree to your becoming the Don.
    You did not participate directly in the killing of the previous Don.

*General notes for the mafia:

A mafia family may, during each “night” phase, make one killing for every two made gangsters or sanctioned wise guys. It need not kill its entire quota each night. This does mean that, without recruiting, no kills can be made on the first “night” except by using the Luca as a Made and teaming up with the existing Made.

Made gangster investigations – given their lack of official resources – are a little chancy. “Innocents” may be regular Townies, Detectives, or a Don. “Criminals,” will include your potential recruits, the Wise guys/gals, but will also include the Mades or Lucas of another family. “Unclear” will usually indicate a Wise guy/gal, but a few of the regular Townies with a shadier past will be included in this label as well.

Secret Roles:

At least one, and potentially more, will be included. The particulars are…well…secret.

The first iteration of Capo featured: A Serial Killer who took violent objection to anyone voting for them to be lynched; A Rogue Detective who could investigate and then act as a vigilante; and The Wolf, who was a special “investigation spoofer” for the mafia. These roles may, or may not, repeat.

The second iteration featured: a Rogue Detective, Two serial killers with different motivations, a mafia counter-infiltration agent, and a team of "crusaders" who would hunt mafia and/or one another.

This will serve as the master set of rules to govern gameplay for CdTC-III. If you have any questions or comments please post them here in the sign up thread. Once this thread is closed, further queries should be made to the host by PM.

Those Playing Capo di Tutti Capi - III (75 so far, listed alphabetically)
    a completely inoffensive name
    A Very Super Market
    AggonyDuck
    Andres
    Askthepizzaguy
    atheotes
    Beefy187
    Beskar
    Caius
    Centurion 1
    Chaotix
    CountArach
    Cowhead418
    Craterus
    Crazed Rabbit
    Death is Yonder
    Diana Abnoba
    Discovery1
    DisgruntledGoat
    DJGingivitis
    Double A
    Dutch_guy
    El Diablo
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    GeneralHankerchief
    gibsonsg91921
    Glyphz
    Greyblades
    Haudegen
    Ichigo
    Imperator Invictus
    Ironside
    Iskander 3.1
    Joe Monks
    johnhughthom
    Jolt
    Jooray
    Kagemusha
    Khazaar
    Kommodus
    KurkriKhan
    Leet Erickson
    LittleGrizzly
    Lord Winter
    Moros
    Myrrdral
    Nole4694
    Pannonian
    pevergreen
    Proletariat
    Psychonaut
    Quintus.JC
    Reenk Roink
    Rhyfelwher
    Sasaki Kojiro
    scottishranger
    Shinseikhaan
    shlin28
    Sigurd
    Skooma Addict
    slashandburn
    splitpersonality
    SSNeoperestroika
    The Stranger
    TinCow
    Tratorix
    Truepraetorian
    Twilightblade
    Veronica "Trouble" Toluso
    Warmaster Horus
    White_Eyes:D
    woad&fangs
    Xehh II
    Yaropolk
    YLC
    replacement as needed: Cultured Drizzt Fan (twin scimitars currently in shop for honing)

This list is inclusive through post #153

For your information, reading pleasure, and to help generate strategems...

Link for Capo di Tutti Capi and the Capo I information summary thread.

Link for Capo di Tutti Capi II and the Capo II information summary and story threads.
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 08-06-2009 at 13:42.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

First one in gets a townie role!
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

in... have heard a lot about this...

Blog Entries

In, whats so special about this game series?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

IN!

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    I'd like to not to be a townie. Last time I made someone say Goodbye and got the town and mafia betrayed.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    The fact that its massive. And that all the past players come to join.
    Game system is sweet as well.

I am in

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I'm in

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Capo di Tutti Capi: pevergreen the mafia don, his first game, lynched with a holocaust cloak.
    Capo di Tutti Capi 2: pevergreen lynched day one or two for trying to organise too much
    Capo di Tutti Capi 3: ...

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

DROOOOOOOOOLSSSSS UNCONTROLLABLY.......... IN IN IN IN IN IN IN
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

I remember Capo I when I was part of Prole's family which soon became Konservative Klub.

Missed Capo II, not missing this.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

In please.

Capo II was my first Mafia and I was woged as I just got bewildered and gave up. Now I understand mafia games, I think, and am looking forward to a great game.

Downgradez :( Member Iskander 3.1's Avatar

Do I have time to play more mafia games? No. Do I have time for Capo? YES.
    Strikeout!

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SOUND THE ALARM!

Hear ye, hear ye, gather 'round, come one, come all, come far and come wide, the time has come once again!

In, BTW.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

I have the title of most violent player to defend. 7 kills and I have them tattooed all over my body.

So this one big IN
    Last edited by CountArach; 07-23-2009 at 01:00.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

IN....

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

After the last time I did two games at once, I swore I would never do it again.

I lied.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have officially invited Askthepizzaguy. He may not know about this game and I figured he'd be interested in taking part.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    I have the title of most violent player to defend. 7 kills and I have them tattooed all over my body.
    I have the title of winner to defend.

Not to mention no. 2 killer. Haha
    Last edited by gibsonsg91921; 07-23-2009 at 15:50.
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Blog Entries

Doesnt scottishranger have that title?

ATPG...invited? Hardly nessacery, hes been having naughty dreams about this game for a while.

He told me so.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I'm not sure if I want to join this game. Can anyone tell me what it is?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iskander 3.1 View Post
    Do I have time to play more mafia games? No. Do I have time for Capo? YES.
    what he said
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

In...

But only if I get to be on the winning team.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Out. ...j/k. :P
    BLARGH!

hey guys its been a while...im IN btw

seamus is my ashendari still in the tree?
    All the time I hear women say chivalry is dead...it's true, chivalry is dead and women killed it - Dave Chapelle (Killing them Softly)

Innage..... will limit myself to this game and take out those stinkin mafioso...
    "My IQ test came back. Thankfully it was negative"

Been to:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightblade View Post
    hey guys its been a while...im IN btw

seamus is my ashendari still in the tree?
    Sorry to derail, but

T'blade....coming back without me forcing him to? I dont believe it!

Wb. Now grab those necrons of yours, friday is gunna be fun...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast