Thread: Just Got My Ninth Star!

Default Just Got My Ninth Star!

So last night, I finally got my ninth star... that leaves one more to go!

Many thanks to everyone for all of the great games thus far.

If you happen to see me online - I'm =DiG= Ueriah - feel free to hit me up for a game. I'm usually on with a clanmate at night.

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Re: Just Got My Ninth Star!

Congratulations Ueriah!

Please tell us more on what it takes to get to that level, like how many battles, how many wins, and how you were able to make this happen.

Good Luck on your soon to come Tenth Star
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Thanks so much Tomisama!

My record is currently 151 ranked wins to 42 ranked losses.

As far as how I got here - I play about two to four hours a night, about five nights a week. Been doing that for a couple months. So much fun!

I've noticed that it seems to take more points to advance stars as you get up there, and you lose a lot more points if you have a lower ranked player take you out.

For what it's worth, I think the ranking system is a pretty good one. I've lost a lot of points on a couple of occassions when my game has crashed, but I understand the reason why that is, which is to penalize the people who drop out to avoid a loss.

Also, I think that there is a pretty good MP community out there. I'm playing almost every night, and I never seem to have problems finding games.

Hope to see you guys on the battlefield!

there is no tenth star as far as i can tell.

to the best of my knowledge, i have the highest rank in etw. this opinion comes from viewing all ranks of players on my friend list as well as asking some top players if they know of any higher. it is currently at 64,499. i am currently earning 1pt per win. ive achieved this rank with a streak of well over 100 wins with no losses, drops, or plugs pulled.

to reach the 9th star you need a rank of 58,000 or better if i remember correctly.

i found my ninth star very rewarding, congratulations on a great achievement. but i hope you dont knock me out of 1st :)
    Last edited by FearofNC; 07-26-2009 at 00:00.

Congrats on 9th Star
    Fear is correct i dont think there is a 10th star and after 60k you get hardly any points per game (around 1 - 15 pts also depends on quality of opponent i think)
    I am on about 62200 points and I have around 92 wins and 10 losses (half the losses came from connection failures and desyncs very frustrating as you loose about 3000 points at this level)

FearofNC has the most points on my friends list 65499 but Just one loss and he wont have :)
    Next on my List is TWR Lucullus with 65407

Regards

Subadai