Thread: Gahzette

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Exclamation Gahzette

I'm trying to revive the Gahzette, but every newspaper needs writers.

Therefore, I turn to you, the wonderful community of The Guild!

If you think you could be a writer, reporting about just about anything in the Total War or Org community, then please drop me a PM!

My short-term objective is to get people together, get a team together so we can get the Gahzette back!

Not much else for me to say, I think... If you need information, ask. Inspiration, check out the Gahzette's site, and see what kind of publications we had previously.

So...

What say you?
    Last edited by Warmaster Horus; 07-26-2009 at 15:40.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Gahzette

looks fun!
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Turns out there is a bit more for me to say.
    First off, the first issue of this new edition would be released near late August, early September. This gives me and the team enough time to get organized.
    Secondly, I realize I haven't given any precision about the articles. Well, I was thinking of at least an article per TW game, if possible (it can be about modding, tips, etc. anything, really), one for the Mead Hall, one or more for the Throne Room, one for the gameroom. And then... a history article, a games article, eventually a computer\tech related one (thus, the Gahzette's in relation with the three forums those themes relate to)
    Of course, the 10 years of the Org has passed... an article on that seems like a necessity to me.
    As for the Frontroom, Backroom, and Entrance Hall... I'd say it's up to writers to see if they've ideas for it.

These are only my thoughts. If we don't have an article of every sort, it's no problem. Any and every suggestions will be welcomed!
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You have my quill.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Blog Entries

I wrote for the very first edition of the Gahzette, several years back. Due to time constraints, I was unable to write beyond that.

If such an offer includes a variety of fine cheeses you may pique my interest to write again.

I'm French... Cheese runs in the country :)

(Ironically, I myself hate cheese. Can't stand it... Thank God I'm half-canadian, so I've got an excuse )

In any case...
    Check out the Gahzette!

Back.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

A section for the Mead Hall, you say? I could offer my services as a Mead Hall contributor. I'm not sure what you would want for the main article however, though a sub-feature of a monthly "featured story" in which one piece gets mention/linkage in the Gahzette does come to mind.

When I covered it, the idea was to bring stories into the spotlight, and bring news of eventual events in the Mead Hall (writing contests, the writer's club Tamur created, interesting links published, etc.). The subfeature sounds good.
    An idea I've had rumbling through my head was advice. I'm sure there are some people who have good story ideas, but for various reasons hesitate to write. And I remember reading some stories (I don't recall any here, but...) with interesting premises, but whose delivery ruined the content (bad grammar, possible storylines left untouched, etc. Things that made me shudder when I saw them).

But your articles can be whatever you want them to be.
    Check out the Gahzette!

Back.

Good luck with reviving the Gahzette WH.

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Re: Gahzette

Clan Miyoshi will fully support the noble activity of the honourable Warmaster Horus so that the traditions of the Org. never die out.

Klemens Wenzel von Metternich gladly accepts the patronage over the Chapter House section in the Gahzette!
    R.I.P. Tosa...