Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please parole FearofWarman88

Post Please parole FearofWarman88

Greetings distinguished .org patrons,

I am writing today on behalf of my clanmate and friend, Warman. A person for whom most of you will need no introduction. He was banned on April 14, of this year. His ban is scheduled to be reviewed in 2010.

For the last 3+ months Warman has been honorably representing FearfulWays. His conduct online is exemplary. He has been friendly to everyone and has stayed far away from any controversy. He has apologized repeatedly and whole heartedly. He has not only spoke the words he has shown his actions. The website created for the purpose of harming Tosa's reputation has been removed for a very long time. He has not been the subject of any moderators attention at other websites such as TWC or CCS. He is not the same Warman you knew before, his level of maturity and sense of moral has completely changed. I am proud to consider him my friend.

I humbly ask you to please consider paroling Warman. I personally promise you that his days of mischief and trouble making are over.

He has created an alternate account recently, with your permission I would like to ask that he be allowed to post a few remarks in this thread in support of his parole.

Respect to all,
    NC
    Last edited by FearofNC; 07-27-2009 at 08:54.

Default Re: Please parole FearofWarman88

A ban's a ban and should be reviewed in 2010 as was instructed.

Also his new account should also be banned as unless I'm mistaken it's the person that's banned not the name.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I dislike the method he took, a member revealed a pm from Warman insulting Tosa just a month ago. I don't think one month is enough time for someone to change their mind.

Also, a while ago someone who was expelled from the school asked me to do something similar. Turns out that fellow was a complete twat after all..

Not that I hate Warman, but I think he should just endure the punishment until Tosa is ready to have him back. That is Tosas call to make.

Meanwhile, I hope him all the best, and I hope you continue to be a good friend of him FearofNC

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

If what you describe is true, then it will not be difficult for Warman88 to accept the consequences of his actions and abide by the decision of the administration. A sure sign of maturity is taking responsibility.

Warman88 is on my Friends List here and I have enjoyed playing VI and SamWars with him in the past. He can be a very enthusiastic and motivated player and patron. He has, however, allowed that enthusiasm to go too far, on numerous occasions, over an extended period of time. Some of the things said and done were, quite frankly, way over the top.

I commend your willingness to take up such a plea on behalf of your friend. I hope that, should the outcome turn out less than what you prefer, your respect to all will continue.

Two koku from an aging katanakaji, sitting with bright eyes and friendly smile beneath the old Sugi.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Given what little I know and care to read about his actions leading up to and after his ban, it is a gift to him that this is a temporary and not permanent. Most other sites would have just dropped the banhammer and not thought twice about it. IMO all of the folks attempting to plead his case are not doing themselves or him any favors, one only needs to go back and see what he did and how he acted for evidence, I for one would not put my reputation or worth on the line for something or someone like that. Also I believe that removing the penalties thus far does nothing but teach him and others that one simply needs to act contrite and all consequences and repercussions are washed away. I realize this is a gaming forum, but no matter what, that is not how real life works at all.

My $0.02.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

This issue has been addressed before.

And no, Warman has not behaved "honorable" the past 3 months, unless you consider creating an alt account to accuse and insult Tosa behind his back "honorable".
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    This issue has been addressed before.

And no, Warman has not behaved "honorable" the past 3 months, unless you consider creating an alt account to accuse and insult Tosa behind his back "honorable".
    Indeed, do we have to discuss warman every month now?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

This discussions getting old. It takes a lot to get banned from the .org and if a patron has acted in such a way which earns them a ban then it should stick.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh goodie! A chance to bring up my favourite part of another forum! The Ban appeals!

I (used to) play Warcraft 3 on a private Player Vs Player Gaming Network (PVPGN) based in Melbourne, Australia. If you are found to be breaking the rules, if via cheating, hacking, being overly racist or annoying the guy who owns the server, you are banned. Your ban is permanent. After a set period (60 for light offences) you may appeal this ban. You post saying what you did wrong, you acknowledge it, apologise and explain the difference between you then and now, and explain why the community should let you back in.
    Normal members then give their opinions via a !support or an !extension of ban. The final decision is left to the staff team, who are advised by respected community members. The person is either unbanned, or left banned for another period of time. If the action is severe enough, or 3 times, you are gone for good.

I see the .org as the same, in principle. Tosa has decreed that Warman should take a leave of absence for a year, at the end of the year, he should show us how he has changed, and how he is a better person. Simply being older does not make one wiser, or nicer.

However, this is not a democracy. It is a loving dictactorship lead by the Lord TosaInu and his trusty camels.

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    However, this is not a democracy. It is a loving dictactorship lead by the Lord TosaInu and his trusty camels.
    I think this is an appropriate time to tell the membership that that is a general misconception.

It's not because Martok, Mithrandir and Caravel are constantly running around the Org in ugly and, might I add, smelly, camel suits that all moderators are camels. We're human beings, not camels.

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

I smell camel poop.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think this is an appropriate time to tell the membership that that is a general misconception.

It's not because Martok, Mithrandir and Caravel are constantly running around the Org in ugly and, might I add, smelly, camel suits that all moderators are camels. We're human beings, not camels.

I'm there as well, I'm the head of the stables now.

We have our own rankings...yes...like a sub culture....mehwhwhahahahaa.

Ignore me, I've been reading conspiracy theories for the last hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Default Banned

July 27th 2009: Andres. (insulting camels)

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Am I going to have to start up my sermons about the filthy camel heresies again?

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am convinced Warman is not bad boy. True, sometimes he is getting immature but these fits are getting more and more rare. I have some evidence for that and I am also glad to notice that fair play has become a main principle of him. I think this shall be encouraged. On this evidence, I think he should be pardoned before this year is over. When? I think this is up to Warman. If he continues with his mature behaviour (and abandons offensive language), then I think he should be pardoned earlier. I hope after two or three months.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

FYI both for Warman and for those who plead on his behalf: the more of these threads we see, the less likely he will be allowed to return after the temporary period expires. Creating numerous alt accounts to get around a forum ban does not indicate that he has reformed his ways, nor does his tendency to badmouth the Org Admins/Mods with said accounts. If Warman wants any hope whatsoever of being allowed to return here, he would be wise to simply stay away and serve his time. His actions since his ban have only served to dig himself into a deeper hole. If he continues to behave in this manner, I fully expect that his temporary ban will become permanent.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

This Warman issue is very similar to the one of a couple of years ago, with a guy called Clayton Ballentine.

Anyone still remember that guy?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

@Andres & Whacker: Your words sadden me. You still refuse to embrace the True Path. I shall pray for you at the great Camel altar.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    FYI both for Warman and for those who plead on his behalf: the more of these threads we see, the less likely he will be allowed to return after the temporary period expires. Creating numerous alt accounts to get around a forum ban does not indicate that he has reformed his ways, nor does his tendency to badmouth the Org Admins/Mods with said accounts. If Warman wants any hope whatsoever of being allowed to return here, he would be wise to simply stay away and serve his time. His actions since his ban have only served to dig himself into a deeper hole. If he continues to behave in this manner, I fully expect that his temporary ban will become permanent.
    What the man said. ^ ^ ^

These last few months, Warman has, in fact, committed numerous actions that only serve as reminders as to why he was banned in the first place, and has not exhibited in any demonstrable way that he's reformed. (Talk is cheap -- if he's really learned his lesson, then he must *show* it, not just mouth platitudes about how he's "matured".) If he continues on as he has, I seriously doubt he'll ever be allowed back.
    Last edited by Martok; 07-27-2009 at 16:56.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Why exactly was this topic necessary? If Warman's "parole hearing" isn't until 2010 then we shouldn't bother discussing him until 2010. And personally, I really don't give a damn whether he is around or not; I have learned to ignore the few trolls that appear in the .Org.

(Literally, by the way. Did you know there's an option to ignore people you don't like? I just found that out about a month ago by accident. I feel like an idiot.)

Oh, yeah, and also:
    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    Simply being older does not make one wiser, or nicer.

"You damn N00bs!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist after seeing that sentence in this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    This Warman issue is very similar to the one of a couple of years ago, with a guy called Clayton Ballentine.

Anyone still remember that guy?
    Sure do. I also remember Byzantine Prince..

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Warman needs to serve his suspension and shape up. Its tiresome hearing this topic dragged from the grave every month or so. Tosa was frankly generous for not outright banning him from the forum. Now, please, warman, stop sending friends to beg on your behalf and creating alt accounts and instead, man up, take the punishment, come back in 2010, and be nicer and friendlier.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

We're human beings, not camels.

Still in denial ey?
    Abandon all hope.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

If he's been allowed to join fear then I have no doubt he is changing his conduct. I wouldn't be opposed to shortening his ban for good behaviour... I have no say in the matter though...

Good luck Warman... see you soon.
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    Sure do. I also remember Byzantine Prince..
    What happened to Byzantine Prince? It was during my hiatus in 2006 I think when he got banned, but I never found out why. He was a nice guy and I was kind of dissapointed he got banned.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinseikhaan View Post
    ... Now, please, warman, stop sending friends to beg on your behalf...

To make this clear: As a person who often cuts Warman's wings, I speak from my own name and I have not been requested by anybody. This is entirely mine opinion based on my own observation.

The purpose of this post has become clear and for me it is obvious that it will not help him. At least now. After three months. Maybe. It's up to Tosa.

So, let's end this discussion swiftly and painlessly. And camellessly.

Last edited by Prince Cobra; 07-27-2009 at 19:41.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Sounds like someone got the hump!
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Thank you to everyone for their comments, those in support and those against.

I was not sent here or requested to come here by Warman. However, when I agreed that he could become a Fear, I made him a promise that when I felt he was ready, I would appeal on his behalf. I am now comfortable in doing that. He has been a model clan member, and I've enjoyed our friendship over the last 3+ months.

I don't know where or by whom this was "dragged up" before, but the last time I commented on the matter was when it happened. Warman's private messages are of no concern to me, Tosa isn't my favorite person in the world and I've said far worse about him in private as I am sure he has about me. We all have people we dislike, how we go about behaving in public is what counts.

If it is Tosa's decision to maintain the current status of Warman's ban then he will accept that and so will I. Neither of us are going to make any more parole requests aside from this one.

Respectfully,
    nc

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

The issue has been going on for some time, and they have spoken. It is not going to change, no matter how many appeals, paroles or whatever judicial thing is applied.

Bring Warman word that his friend Caius wants to talk with him.

In other words,

@Andres & Whacker: Your words sadden me. You still refuse to embrace the True Path. I shall pray for you at the great Camel altar.
    Shame on you! Bring the sermons Whacker! Bring the burning oil. Bring the Flamethrowers.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

If it is your opinion that creating alt accounts to circumvent a ban and (ab)using said alt accounts to insult and accuse another Org member behind his back is not dishonorable behaviour, then we can only agree to disagree on the definition of the notion "honor".

EDIT: as for your question who has brought this up before, I believe ncbeach, among others, pleaded strongly for letting Warman coming back in the thread I linked to. He's a member of your clan, so it surprises me a bit that you didn't know that this has been discussed before in this very same Watchtower.
    Last edited by Andres; 07-27-2009 at 21:59.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I didn't know Warman, but I seen some of his various alt account stuff, and if I am honest, make it permanment and just lock any threads discussing it. He is clearly not what this forum needs. If he posted on alt accounts saying about being really sorry, wanting to make up, possible for an private appeal to TosaInu and hoping to catch him on a good day, I would thinking hearing him out would be a sound judgement, however, his behaviour is the complete opposite. He purposely disregards the rules, he goes around insulting the staff members, and there is no foreseeable contribution he can make to the forums. If he dislikes TosaInu as much as he does, he should stay clear from this place and never come back here again.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast