Thread: Lobby is empty

Default Lobby is empty

Hi everyone,

I bought ETW at retail and it runs great. However, when I try and play multiplayer the lobby is totally empty. I have friends in Europe (I live in Singapore) and when they invite me to a game or if I invite them, MP works fine. I just can't see any games on the lobby unless they're my friends, and I can't quick match any games either. I've heard this is something to do with there being local lobbies vs worldwide MP. Is this true? If it is, does anyone know a work-around?

Thanks in advance.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Re: Lobby is empty

Hello OliverWKim,

Aren't there also different lobbies in your install? Like competitive and friendly. I'm not sure about ETW, but patching may be related to it as well. You may also want to experiment with your firewall/router. It may be blocking the display of games.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Default Re: Lobby is empty

Hi OliverWKim,

this is due to the fine CA policiy to have decentralised servers (and ofc not informing the costumers of the consequences). Probably your server is not very popular. You have to find a more populated one. Go to your steam account and check your download server, change it to Europe or America.

Also join the large ETW MP groups (links in sticky threads) as you will see the games hosted by group members.
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei