Thread: 2 new maps for download

Default 2 new maps for download

and

Download and install instructions are here

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Re: 2 new maps for download

This is by all interpretations not to be considered a criticism in any way shape or form.

In fact quite the contrary, it is reinforcement by attempt to organize efforts.

So far I have accumulated the following maps and map packs, some with their own loc files (enables use post update 1.3).

Lordz Maps
    Arcani Plains
    New Arcani Plains Beta
    FlatMaps
    New FlatMaps
    bonus-ca-maps
    LMC Maps + loc
    flatmaps + loc

Among them are a few really great maps, but almost nobody ever plays them, why?

My assessment is that they are afraid that they will miss something.

That worst case, if they are on with the vanilla maps, that they will at least get a game.

But to sit there for an hour with a mod map pack waiting for someone to stumble by, is just too much of a risk of wasting valuable playing time.

At least one solution is to have a dedicated time period when you could load the mod map pack and be reasonably confident to have someone to play against.

To make it work, a specific map pack offering needs to come with an announcement of a specific time frame when the announcers will be hosting games with those maps.

Maybe even a mini contest for the highest scoring player for that time period.

We did that before with the MTW/VI Samurai Wars mod, meeting at 2pm GMT every Sunday for about four hours.

It worked for a long time, and provided Org Badge awards to a few accomplished fighters to boot!
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

i combined all the maps i know about into one pack..... there are 22 in total... do you have some that im not aware of tomi?

One that got away

NC, there is a 3v3 map in this pack (below) called River Valley.

I didn't see it in the ETW pack (unless it was renamed).

I don’t know who made it, but I’d love to play on it some day.

Maybe it can be put in on a future ETW pack update?

http://www.filefront.com/thankyou.ph...3a44d237a5b534

Please check it out when you get a chance. Thanks!
    There is another one in that pack called Reinforcements, that has odd deployment zones.

I forgot to mention it, most likely because I didn't think it was worth playing, but who knows what others may decide?

Thanks!

ok... the lordz left out those maps when they updated there maps to 1.3... ill get the into the next update for sure. over the last day i havent had to take the mappack out at all... there are more than 40 people with them already.

I see more games now every day now, and intend to leave my ETW maps in, except maybe to play with some old friends on Sundays. That is, at least until I can convince them to come over to the ETW pack. I believe once they play on these maps, that they will never go back to endlessly playing Finland again.

To me, it is abundantly clear that CA has no intention of supporting free-range multiplayer. It seems their intention is to meld single and multi together in the multiplayer campaign, and produce a single style of game in the future.

Ok, fine! That will be great whenever that happens, but for now that leaves us in the dust, and totally dependant on our selves. We can handle that, we have for years. Adding the two files for new players will become as common a practice as it has ever been, no problem!

Just send them over to twcenter.net forums. They will find Empire: Total War / Empire Mod Workshop / Mapping, and get hooked up.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=283410

“We will not go quietly into the night!”

Last edited by Tomisama; 08-05-2009 at 12:50.

ive got both river valley and reinforcments working... and started on another new map of my own. im going to try to average about 1 new map every 2-3 days.... they arent that hard to make once you get the hang of it.

when the pack gets updated for september it should have close to 50 custom maps in it. of course we have to wait and see what changes 1.4 will bring. hopefully ca will do something about the version conflicts with having custom maps installed.