Thread: How to slow down game speed/unit movement during battle beyond 1x?

Default How to slow down game speed/unit movement during battle beyond 1x?

I want to slow down the game speed during battles. 1x is still too fast for me. The units move too fast, and everything happens too fast. Is this even possible?

If not, then if I can slow down the terrain movement rates, this could slow down the speed with which the units move around on the battlefield. Does anyone know where this file is located?

I also realize that I could adjust the Defensive capabilites of the units as well, in order to increase the actual length of the battles, but this is not my main emphasis at the moment, and I guess there are mods that do that already to some degree.

The ideal solution for me would simply be a way to cut the 1x speed down about 50 percent or more, but I suppose that is most likely impossible.

Then how about the terrain movement file? Or better yet, has anyone seen a mod or mod componant addressing this?

Thanks!

Default Re: How to slow down game speed/unit movement during battle beyond 1x?

Just a quick check. Is the machine a AMD X2 processor one.
    If so have you installed AMD dual core optimiser. As RTW the battles are just stupid without it.

Does not apply to Intel processors.

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Default Re: How to slow down game speed/unit movement during battle beyond 1x?

Quote Originally Posted by lovegunshooting View Post
    I want to slow down the game speed during battles. 1x is still too fast for me. The units move too fast, and everything happens too fast. Is this even possible?

If not, then if I can slow down the terrain movement rates, this could slow down the speed with which the units move around on the battlefield. Does anyone know where this file is located?

I also realize that I could adjust the Defensive capabilites of the units as well, in order to increase the actual length of the battles, but this is not my main emphasis at the moment, and I guess there are mods that do that already to some degree.

The ideal solution for me would simply be a way to cut the 1x speed down about 50 percent or more, but I suppose that is most likely impossible.

Then how about the terrain movement file? Or better yet, has anyone seen a mod or mod componant addressing this?

Thanks!

I'm not very experienced with modding but I'm quite sure that is hardcoded.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.