Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Why are the Ptolemaioi such a hated faction?

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Default Re: Why are the Ptolemaioi such a hated faction?

Quote Originally Posted by seleucid empire View Post
    haha nono i meant that he was like a puppet for his ministers.
    He and Antiochos were both like 20, anyway that's not true: he/they faced rebellions (quite well organized) and backed by Meroe in the south...
    The Aegean territories were already lost previously, they could only keep a defensive policy (except the usual syrian claims), rather than expansionistic, considered the several succession crisis to come aswell...

the simplest answer is because they are like barnacles eating into the hull of my enjoyable game, they swallow AS and everything else, i dont even know why, i turned down their money script so they get less each turn, still they destroy every eastern faction (although it seems to be slower than before), even with a turned down money script and giving 80000 to the AS every second turn they rip them apart. it makes the game tedious. i imagine a better strategy would be to run spies and a good assassin to antioch as soon as the ptolemaioi take it, and disable their barracks each turn, then they cant make elites, and hopefully they would get pushed back

ptolemaioi in terms of army are easy to disable just take out the barracks in alexandreia and the other city just bellow and they will be 10 years without recruiting their elite armies and then they should be easyer altough ...

if they lack the elite units it means they can recruit far more in numbers ...

can´t wait for eb2 with limited recruitment pools

recently i started doing 1 simple thing i try and have 1 single unit of every recruitable units in the city and when war arrives i just gather them all together into regional armies to face off the threat

works great aslong as you got enough cash and don´t need the men (i play in huge)
    if there was a script to allow the recruiting of 9 units in 1 turn but limited it to 1 single unit type it would be amazing and really help the historical accuracy since most armies where levies who where disbanded before the harvest time (so add a timer where to recruit you would only pay like 25% of their recruitment cost and then for every turn you would have to add 25% and try to disband them before autumm or else you would pay the full priçe + a small bonus )

just saying

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456