Thread: how to make faction resurrectable, enabling loyalty, hording, etc

Default how to make faction resurrectable, enabling loyalty, hording, etc

FIRST: YOU NEED EB FOR BI
    SECOND: BACK UP YOUR FILES
    THIRD: NO SAVEGAME COMPATIBILITY

ok let's start

1) copy from bi/data to eb/data these files: descr_sm_factions.txt, descr_event_enums.txt, descr_event_images.txt, descr_sounds_events.txt, message_text_lookup.txt
    2) copy from bi/data/text to eb/data/text these files: event_strings.txt, event_titles.txt, tooltips.txt
    3) in descr_sm_factions.txt, add the shadowed_by/shadowing as you like after factions names. this will make a faction being rebelliuos to another. i'll put a sample WORKING file along with the
    4) stratpage_02.tga. in this files, located in each culture under eb/data/ui/xxx/interface, you have to add the loyalty ring symbol with a tga editor like paint.net. i did it for you for all the factions. you can download all of them by going on http://rapidshare.com/files/271728067/files.rar.html and overwrite the existent files by copy and pasting each
    5) add the re_emergent under each faction name in eb/data/world/maps/campaing/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt. i did it for you: you'll find a WORKING file in the same rar above

HORDING: if you don't do these steps it crashes on settlement revolt - faction disappeared. but if you succeded in making factions resurrect as i did, i'm quite sure it works. if needed, i can write out a guide also for that
    LOYALTY: you'll find a new line under characters resume (loyalty), between management and influence. it's hardcoded and you need it, otherwise on settlement revolt you experience a crash. if somewone would like to implement loyalty, export_descr_character_traits.txt is only waiting for him to add loyalty traits (remember then to add LoyaltyStarter traits for characters in descr_strat)

NOTE1: i'm sorry i can't post a single full drag-and-drop file because i've italian version running, and i think you all won't be too much happy to find pop-ups in that only to make eb factions resurrectable...
    NOTE2: re_emerging behavious strictly depends on descr_sm_factions: if you want change faction rebellions, just modify it accordingly
    NOTE3: if you want to be sure a settlement rebels, repeatedly add population for a couple of turns (eg: add_population Amaseia 4000) and enjoy! provoke_rebellion Amaseia, also as scripted, doesn't work

i hope i remembered to post everything
    oh sorry i didn't! edit. i forgot to say that large part of this work can be done via installing eb for bi, if (ferromancer?) can find some time to implement it
    Last edited by maxborgatti; 08-26-2009 at 14:05.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Default Re: how to make faction resurrectable, enabling loyalty, hording, etc

So this won't work with ALX.exe?
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Default Re: how to make faction resurrectable, enabling loyalty, hording, etc

didn't have a try. but i suppose not