Thread: wtf^11 hojo is DEAD

i admit it was lucky. i'm playing as mori. the province that i really wanted to hold onto was Kii (with an almost finished citadel and soon a geisha house), and Kawachi right next to it because of the river. in kii i had a monkey, a YS, and a YA. hojo attacked kawachi twice with slightly larger forces, and i routed them both times. then they attacked with an 1800 unit horde, and assaulted my castle. needless to say, i lost kii.

next they attacked kawachi with a horde. there i had 2 WM, 2 SA, 1AC, 1YC. i used the archers and plugged the bridge with monks and routed them the first time. then they attacked with a horde. i inflicted heavy casualties but my units routed, and retreated to harima. (so the daimyos have tents full of naked women too...)

all this time i had been moving a major force with my daimyo across from the northern most island. right after i lost kawachi i lost harima, and then once my daimyo arrived i attacked harima with just over 1800 soldiers. then to my suprsise hojo himself moved into the province to defend. so it was on i guess...Lord Mori vs Lord Hojo, each commanding about 1800 units. i had no ashigaru though, and i had 400 yari calvary with legendary armor and level one weapons. i took the 400 yari calvary and circled around while throwing everything else from the front, and attacked and killed Hojo, causing his armies to rout. once the battle ended i learned that hojo had no heir. autumn 1567, and i am the only non-ronin force left in japan.

so do i have to kill off these hordes of ronin before i win or what? if so it's going to take me awhile.

oh yes you do one of the joys...

------------------
    jd

Yep, you have to wipe out all those Ronin to win. But they tend not to start jumping into your provinces and to be honest even when there appear to be loads in a province the best thing is to get at them. I recently found myself with just me and about two thirds of the map full of Ronin. I found that they tend to run away pretty quickly once the battles actually get going, at one point I got to the stage of sending about 10 YC charging across the battlefield (perhaps not the greatest tactical innovation but I was tired and it did look nice!) against a mixed force of about about 8 Ronin units. I think the first YC unit made contact when up popped the familiar refrain "My Lord, the enemy taisho has forsaken...", and off they went over the hill. So all though you still have to finish them off it's in the bag.

------------------
    He is a foolish man who lies awake all night and broods over everything. When morning breaks he is weary and all his trouble is the same as it was.
    He is a foolish man who lies awake all night and broods over everything. When morning breaks he is weary and all his trouble is the same as it was.

um....i have finish every last one of them? ugggggh....oh well. my forces will be hordish by the end.

Yep, every last one of them, but unless you lose it should only be one relatively quick battle per province.

------------------

you shouldn't have to fight for every province, just put together a few full sized armies with some high ranking general in one of them, then keep advancing, drop all your big armies into the same ronin province, and more often than not they will retreat if you overpower them badly; and well, there's always autoresolve which will give you good results when you are stronger anyway,so at this stage of the game you can just consider it a timesaver...

------------------
    jd
    - I hate romantic comedies, which is pretty strange considering that my whole love life is a big JOKE -

Member Member MoriFait Terazawa's Avatar

well m8 i agree on u saying hojo is the devil i allied with them and i was prepearing 2 attack ima.....
    but just as i sent my troops out BANG....hojo attacked my main province which had a small amount of men only around 800 they had over 1500 and what made this worse was it was on expert and i had been doing so well.also the oda clan seems to be pretty good in expert everytime i play the emperor backs them and twice in a row they tried 2 kill my daimyo the first time they got him but luckuly i had a matured son.why do they break an alliance i had many chances 2 kill hojo but i didnt as i kill my allied clans at the end.i hope i dont have 2 go find out a cheat for koku to show thwm who is boss.

------------------
    Honour to the Mori clan
    MoriFait Terazawa..
    Honour to the Mori clan
    MoriFait Terazawa..