Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post patch 1.5 Bug List

Oza the Sly: Vandal Invasion Member Braden's Avatar

Default Re: Post patch 1.5 Bug List

Confirmed - getting both the flickering shadows in-game and cursor in bridge battles remaining an "X" rather than an arrow.

The 2nd point not only occuring when over a bridge itself but on the approach areas too. Seemed I could ONLY move my troops to the visibile road bit on the approaches to the bridge, I managed to click a unit onto the bridge but once they'd got on there I lost control of them even to the effect that clicking them to move the the opposite side of the bridge confused the AI to the extent they went back the way they came to look for another route

lol...I'll keep off bridges for now, and turn shadows off (they're only taking processing power anyway)

EDIT - looking back also, game is very choppy. I thought this due to my settings but seems others are having same issues. However, I have noted that it gets significantly choppier and laggy everytime "event triggered sound" is activated i.e. End of turn Advice, in-battle music change (when the battle reaches a significant point) etc. I'll try turning Voice and Music off and report back.
    Last edited by Braden; 10-19-2009 at 13:04.
    My Steam Community Profile - Currently looking for .Org members I know with NTW for MP stuff (as I'm new to that...lol)

Howitzers' kill counts {including towards their gaining experience} is heavily bugged {or the result of cutting corners} .
    When using carcas shot or quicklime the kill count is a tiny fraction of the actual kills .
    To test it I ran a custom battle of 17 24lbr howitzers loading quicklime against a milita unit {400 men in DarthMod} and though it records the enemy lost 300 men only some units got 1 kill recorded and others none and the total was far less than 1/10 of the actual kills .
    I noticed it in campaign battles too with carcus shot , which does seem to be a bit more generous in the kills recorded . Explosive and Precussion seem to be off too .
    Only roundshot seems to get the correct kills recorded .

Note , in the custom battle quicklime test , the usual extra kills for the extra enemy the game calculates would have been lost {ever notice how those units that never fired a shot or killed anyone get kills credited after a battle ? That happens every battle} were not being given either {some got none , some got only 1} .

Can be pretty anoying having your howitzers take many times longer to gain experience than your field guns .

I understand that it might not be feasable to code the game to perfectly figure out when more than one howitzer unit dumps fire or quicklime on a unit which percentage of the kills the total cloud caused goes to which battery {assuming that is the problem ... it might be that the way they do it does make it feasable} , but given they award extra kills for free after a battle anyway {except for howitzers apparantly} surely they could have used some basic algorithm to give fair kills to the guns that delivered them .

It qualifys as a bug given there is no sane reason to give every unit except howitzers free extra kills after a battle is won and given they can clearly calculate how many soldiers a given cloud of fire or quicklime kills then they could easily assign it to the howitzers that delivered it {even if they must arbitrarily divide it between the individual guns with some randomising factor should they have no way to determine which shell created which part of the cloud nor which part of the cloud killed which men} .

Add it to the list of "why we need another patch" .
    7 out of 10 people like me ,
    I'm not going to change for the other three .

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

The economic system is full of bugs.

Some have come back that were taken out but some may be new.

The bug where you get money from a blocked trade route is back.

There is a bug were you lose money if you pirate a trade route and move to a different location and do it again (in the same turn).

There is something buggy about losing money when you take a wealthy province.

There are instances of moving troops to a city and losing money. The whole thing needs fixing or explaining what to do or not to do.

It seems a mess.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Flashing unit icons, menus and character portraits make more than a short gaming experience a major headache. I realize a driver rollback would probably correct this, but what is CA up to with ETW which causes new Nvidia drivers to break it? I mean it isn't unheard of for this to occur, but I can't recall the last game I owned where a driver rollback was a good idea.

More bugs!

Agents block army movement!

Yea, a missionary or a rake can stop a whole army!

What the heck was someone thinking?

Mark Twain

I conquered Baluchistan a couple of turns ago as Russia and just noticed that I cannot access my India Regional Minister. If I click on the Policy tab I clearly see a minister icon and I can adjust taxes for the region separately from Europe (though header still says Europe) but under the ministers there is no slot for India.

Warpath Campaign.

Native factions receiving no income from some regions! EVER!

Just my guess but if the European faction had it exempt from taxes then the native faction never gets anything from the region...

Since native factions have no controls they can’t turn it back on.

Mark Twain

I got around to gifting away a non-moneyed region to another Indian faction. That doesn’t reset the taxes either. It has to be in a tax status by one of the white factions or it gets no money...

Big Big Bug!
    Last edited by Fisherking; 11-01-2009 at 18:17.

Mark Twain

Exclamation Re: Post patch 1.5 Bug List

Quote Originally Posted by Seyavash View Post
    I conquered Baluchistan a couple of turns ago as Russia and just noticed that I cannot access my India Regional Minister. If I click on the Policy tab I clearly see a minister icon and I can adjust taxes for the region separately from Europe (though header still says Europe) but under the ministers there is no slot for India.
    Baluchistan is supposedly part of Europe, whilst Afghanistan is part of India.

First ever bug, I think. I build a fort to block the Inuit from invading Newfoundland, but when I try to fight a battle there, it CTDs -- every time, every new game. Never had any noticeable problems or CTDs until now.
    Last edited by GrandInquisitor; 11-17-2009 at 03:09.

Large scale melee {such as inside a fort with 10 or more Darthmod sized units engaged} lags the game to the point where every seconds' worth of action takes around 10 seconds {in one seige assault it was over 15 and even at 4x speed it was still between 11 and 12} to happen {I measured it from the countdown timer when I took control of the fort centre ... the lag had eased up a little by then !} .
    At first I thought it was a pathfinding issue in forts , but observations of some field battles {where lots of simultanious melee happened} and carefull observation of the seige battles shows it is without doubt lots of melee that does it {and it goes from a little lag to more than you can point a stick at almost instantly at some threshold which seems to be something around 8 to 10 units on Ultra with DarthMod sized units} .
    This doesn't happen during massed volleys {every unit with a gun firing} despite
    It is anoying . One battle {both armies full stack} took 4 hours to finish {I tried killing as many with artillery before moving in too knowing by then what to expect} !

On the previously mentioned bridge bug :
    As a workaround , I found using the move forward/backward buttons in the GUI still worked and was able to get the unit I had stuck there off the bridge .
    Cumbersome , I agree , but better than nothing until it is {or at least bloody well should be} fixed .

On the land-bridge arrows disappearing :
    I have had this happen too {Leeward Islands and Antillies both} , however only {so far} when playing as India . Might it only happen when you don't start with territory in that area ? {still needs fixing , but a few clues might speed that up}
    7 out of 10 people like me ,
    I'm not going to change for the other three .

When a fleet sails into a new theatre it sometimes appears on top of another fleet and gets stuck. Seems to particularly occur when all the trade nodes in a theatre are full and another AI nation sends a fleet to that theatre they don't move it from where it arrives. I did notice an odd situation where 2 AI fleets from different nations were stuck on top of each other on a trade node too, but that was a 1-off whereas I've had multiple fleets get stuck when arriving at the theatre and had to disband them.
    Last edited by Boohugh; 11-13-2009 at 12:21.

* Related to the issue of agents being able to block armies on the campaign map I'd just like to add that it works the other way as well. As GB I had my rake locked in a university south of Paris for a few turns when an army passed nearby. I suppose that does make more (but not real) sense than the agent blocking an army though. Unless your agent is Chuck Norris, of course.

* Not sure if this is a bug but I'm getting fairly annoyed at routing units turning back to fight several times in both land and naval battles. Once I could take, two would be allright but I've had units flee, charge, lose a few men, flee again and then doing that same thing 5-10 times. Makes for long and terrible fights as the AI just won't leave the battlefield or stay put to be killed.

Kind regards
    "It's easy to be outnumbered when you're a zero" - George of the Jungle

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If enemies are broken they can be rallied, if they are shattered, they are gone for good.

Make sure each unit is shattered. I've lost battles by ignoring broken units.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

What is this?!?! (playing as Britain)

Don't know whether this bug is already posted somewhere (I couldn't find it):

If in a naval battle a ship surrenders that belonged to the reinforcements,
    that ship is treated as if it managed to successfully flee.
    Quit annoying, I managed to get 5 out 5 ships to surrender, from which I lost 1 to fire
    and afterwards only 1 ship could be added to my fleet, the other three retreated at the
    campaign map.

This is a bug that is a lot like the old trade spot bug.

Units getting stuck and become unmovable, only it is land units.

The way it works is this; If you over-build units in any city (a full stack in the city and overflow outside) the first turn the units are moveable but if you leave them they become stuck as a second stack in the city. This also happens if you gift a city to another faction with military access.

In any case when it happens you loose control over the units and they cannot be moved, only disbanded.

Mark Twain

found a nice little bug try putting a unit of dragoons in a building in the battle setup and then start the battle and get the dragoons to leave the building and mount, they will get back on their horses and then become completely unusable, the cursor just shows an X and they will not dismount or withdraw i tried everything and nothing works.

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

If not yet listed:

Hopefully some of these problems will go away with Napoleon.

Lower hit points for artillery trains, 25 would be good, why should a train be harder to kill than its parts?

Limited ammo for cannon, limber load of 28 rounds total?

Fix range of shrapnel to fall at a specific distance.

Bows and hopes
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

The Welch Fusiliers are bugged . . . they do not gain the Fire by Rank skill, but they do show "Form Squares" skill in their unit card, but cannot form square.
    "I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." Senator John Kerry, May 4, 2003

"It's the wrong war, in the wrong place at the wrong time." Senator John Kerry, 7 September, 2004

Default Re: Empire Total War system requirements

I am looking for some help, because I faced a bug that ticks me off. Always when I fight an naval battle directly and I nearly have won it because there is only one enemy vessle left and under fire, ETW crashes, when I use the PAUSE buttom. In most cases I can finish the battle, but a graphic bug shows me some kind of an "double pointer" and the game is not scrollig softly, when I go over the map. Maybe the same time, in other cases a few ticks later, the crash happens. Some times I am unable to load the game or at least start a new game.
    Maybe someone can help me? I have no idea about the reasons. I am using Windows 7 and an ATI Radeon HD 5800 and 6 GB RAM
    Last edited by Fisherking; 05-28-2011 at 19:03. Reason: language

There are areas of the game that are very intensive and not exactly optimized.

I have always assumed that it was a RAM problem. The game does have an automatic reporting system for any crashes but I don’t know that they are still patching it.

I have at times run into the same issue. The best thing I can tell you is to always save before battles, both before deciding to attack and at the battle screen. That way if you keep getting the crash you can go back and not fight at that exact spot.

There was also a boarding button bug that could cause a crash. I don’t know that it was ever fixed in all situations.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    There are areas of the game that are very intensive and not exactly optimized...
    There was also a boarding button bug that could cause a crash. I don’t know that it was ever fixed in all situations.
    Thank you for your quick reply Fisherking. The support of the game is realy rare an looks to be stopped after patch 1.6. This really sucks, because the game has a lot of potential, still running a great epoch... That boardin bug is also well known and still around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12