Thread: Spain

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Spain

Spain guides

Please review the ToC before posting new strategies.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Spain

Played on H/H with SpecFor, Elite of West, Elite of East

Lord love a duck but things got aggressive quickly!

Traded Flanders the Dutch for Curacao (lets me build colonial line and 12lb arty quickly so as to remove pirates by turn 10 and allow trade); Lombardy to Morocco for Trade; Florida to Portugal for Trade. Goal was to let me wipe out Pirates while building a defense/take portugal/take morocco army without being immediately at war with Holland and GB.

Dutch declare war anyway. Pirate fleet defeated in Carib. Pirate bases quickly scrunched. By 1705 I am at war with France?!? who has taken out the Dutch, the Italian States who're trying to take Italy, the Portugese, the English, and the Moroccans. NONE of whom I declared war upon -- they all beat me to it.

Moral: on H/H, making a move for Curacao may be worth it, but the other trades aren't. Just be a jerk and attack.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken