Thread: Native Americans Too Strong

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Native Americans Too Strong

Are the Warpath native americans too strong for multiplayer?

Do you have them?

Do you play with them?

Do you rush with them?

Should we outlaw them from our multiplayer contests?

Last edited by Tomisama; 10-14-2009 at 12:48.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Default Re: Native Americans Too Strong

I would hope that by now they have tweaked it so that a unit of bowmen cant kill half a unit while it is still loading.

but melee should be more balanced now.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

In MP fresh Native American melee attacks are almost impossible to counter they always break my lines you have to keep your distance which is hard you have to surrond them and shoot them they will get to you before you can shhot them enough, I think its a bit unrealistic, the best counter is probably pikeman but they will route under missle attack

The best counter to Indians is Indians.

I think that history supports that.

If you see someone on the oposite team take them, get some and position your self to counter.

Is there a stronger tribe?

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

History has the natives using irregular tactics, not boxy regimental maneuvres.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

I was thinking of the French and Indian War, the name of which kind of obscures the fact that American Indians fought on both sides.

Not really sure about the actual physical Indian versus Indian, but I think that the theory of “If you can’t beat’m, get them to fight for you”, was working there

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    I was thinking of the French and Indian War, the name of which kind of obscures the fact that American Indians fought on both sides.

Not really sure about the actual physical Indian versus Indian, but I think that the theory of “If you can’t beat’m, get them to fight for you”, was working there
    More like, "if you can't beat 'em, wait 'till the other side alienates them like the fools they are."

After this topic was posted I went and tried to play some Nations-only test games.

I was just looking to learn what to watch out for in NA troop types.

It was fun, and I have continued to play AI games just for personal enjoyment.

With the bows and guns and melee units, the encounters between the tribes are "very reminiscent" of Shogun and Samurai mod games.

I am now looking for people who would like to explore some “all” Native American games.

Lets get together

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    The best counter to Indians is Indians.

I think that history supports that.
    Not really. American Indians generally abandoned their native weapons for muskets and rifles as quickly as they could get ahold of them. In fact, one of the keys to Britain finally pacifying the Eastern Indians at the end of the French and Indian War was their ability to almost completely deny the Indians access to firearms once the French had been kicked out of North America. Without firearms, most Indian tribes were unwilling or unable to sustain any sort of effective operations against the British-Amerian colonies.

In battle, American Indians only defeated European infantry when they either significantly outnumbered the Europeans or they were able to catch them in a close range ambush where massed fire was rendered useless. In any sort of standup fight with relatively even numbers, European infantry invariable came off the better. That the Indian wars continued as long as they did prior to the Revoluation had more to do with the general unwillingness or inability of the European powers to deploy large numbers of troops to the North American theater and the extreme inhospitability of the North American terrain at the time to European style campaigning. The game significantly exagerates both the effectiveness of organic Indian weaponry and the Indian's ability to resist trained military formations on the battlefield.
    "I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." Senator John Kerry, May 4, 2003

"It's the wrong war, in the wrong place at the wrong time." Senator John Kerry, 7 September, 2004