Thread: The Horde: WTF?

I see now what everyone meant by the Hojo Horde! Playing as Shimazu, I've taken everything but the Hojo lands and the lands Hojo conquered from Uesegi. In Musashi there are 8 or 9 full strength armies waiting for me. How can I defeat this without bigger armies and auto-resolve? I can clean the AI's clock, but he'll just keep getting reinforcements then the timer runs out, proclaiming victory for Hojo. Any horde smashing advice?

------------------
    The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is a matter of life and death, a road to either safety or to ruin. Hence under no circumstances can it be neglected.
    The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is a matter of life and death, a road to either safety or to ruin. Hence under no circumstances can it be neglected.

Well you don't have to take him head on..especially in a river province where he is entrenched.
    Try attacking a province where he does not have a as strong a army, or drawing back your army and have him attack you where you have a defensive advantage and whittle his force down in a series of battles.
    Have you tried using the port bug to help draw his army away by making him defend more fronts.
    There are alot of strategies discussed in a number of threads if you want to search for them.

------------------
    The only thing you have to regret are the chances not taken.
    Expect the unexpected and take in air.
    The only thing you have to regret are the chances not taken.
    Expect the unexpected and take in air.