Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [EB] DEC ONLINE TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!

Default Re: DEC ONLINE TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    So... does anyone actually know how to play Sweboz?
    AP & Scary infantry based H&A tactics usually work, Dugundiz and Speutagardaz are good as line infantry, Sloxonez, Bastraniská and the swordsmen are dirty cheap flankers. As elites you should recruit Worgozez, they are a must in every Swebóz armies and the Black painted dudes are good too. Sadly the only good archers are the Baltic ones, but they are considered mercenaries now..so if you want to spend your mercenary slots on them...then go on. Swebóz heavy cavalry is pretty good (and expensive too) on the west, however against east European factions, like Makedonia, well it's not a really good idea to use them. So if you want to use cavalry, then it's advised to use the skirmisher one, because they can wear out and outrun almost anything the others can throw at them annnnd they have a high charge bonus, which means they are a decent medium cavalry too. However these are my experiences only, maybe there are some veteran Swebóz players who can inform us about the better methods.

Edit: And if the map has forest, well you win, lol.
    Last edited by Apázlinemjó; 12-10-2009 at 10:50.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    to make up the merc list i used the recruitment viewer (and checked all NATIVE) , also used the EB webpage then picked out units from there and checked the "unit list" for some .. i figured that apart from being not listed in the EB webpage or recruitment viewer , that the Aeudi did not field hellenic style hoplites as their main line (for the most part anyway) .. but who knows .......look if you want to talk tactics with the Aedui and are not sure what to do if you cannot use more than 2 units of mercs , then PM me or join the server so you can practice.
    No, it's not a problem of me not knowing what to do or anything like that, it's about consistency and keeping the units viable. If the Gaedann have to compete with these other units for those 2 spots, as I said, you might as well just say they can't be used.

That the Aedui didn't field Hellenic hoplites as their main line would be completely inconsistent, because no army fielded elites as their main line either, yet that's still allowed. I'm not even asking for them to be main line infantry anyway, and it's a non sequitur to use the argument that because they'd no longer be counted mercenary, they'd automatically become main line infantry. Besides, the Worogez are obviously mercenaries, and I think you'll agree that they shouldn't be main line infantry for the Sweboz either, yet you've made an exception for them and put them as native.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    No, it's not a problem of me not knowing what to do or anything like that, it's about consistency and keeping the units viable. If the Gaedann have to compete with these other units for those 2 spots, as I said, you might as well just say they can't be used.

That the Aedui didn't field Hellenic hoplites as their main line would be completely inconsistent, because no army fielded elites as their main line either, yet that's still allowed. I'm not even asking for them to be main line infantry anyway, and it's a non sequitur to use the argument that because they'd no longer be counted mercenary, they'd automatically become main line infantry. Besides, the Worogez are obviously mercenaries, and I think you'll agree that they shouldn't be main line infantry for the Sweboz either, yet you've made an exception for them and put them as native.
    look man .. i posted my reasons, and made some exceptions as an attempt to keep some kind of "balance" between factions .

i don't care about elites due to the fact that "elite" units cost lots of coin ... and there is no way anyone can effectively field an army of elites in the online tournament with this 36k cap... if someone wants to have 6 elites as their entire force .. then let them... most people are only going to place 2 or 3 in a stack. There is also the fact that many people debate elites (much like the mercs) but the elites are less of a problem IMO.

another reason for the elites ,is that we are attempting to keep some kind of loosely historically portrayed armies here ..and from the people i have seen join so far (and i have played against a fair few of them) i doubt they are really going to be spamming any units.

the Aedui / Celts have such a broad pool to recruit from it makes things a little unbalanced for them , with their fine line between merc and native units i may of added a few more units into their merc pool for the sake of balancing things out ..

if you would like to continue this discussion or feel that the Gaedann should be removed from the merc pool after reading this , then please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Apázlinemjó View Post
    Edit: And if the map has forest, well you win, lol.
    would like to have home maps for each faction but without having it them too one sided , so we can have home and away battles.. if you have any ideas for the sweboz let me know
    Last edited by Ludens; 12-11-2009 at 17:38. Reason: merged posts

I still disagree with that decision, but it's not a big deal. Your tournament, your rules, I guess.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Nah, I can't play them like Getai all that well. The issue is morale, Getai has pretty high morale. Sweboz does not. You could probably Bastarnae spam against Romans to some extent though. Against, Aedui - I don't think they have a chance.

Celts have Morale Up, Morale Down, and Chariots.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Think of Sweboz as the disiciplined barbarians. Their line units take a lot of beating before they break and have high density compared to say, Celtic units. Clubmen are useful for flanking, spearmen good line units, swordsmen are basically your elite. I wouldn't bother with the heavy swordsmen that much unless you need something to pin a phalanx.

Cavalry is sub par, their heavies match up with Celtic ones but the light cavalry is expensive and only decent for melee against other cav. I recommend lots of spearmen to form a sturdy line and some more as a mobile reserve to help deal against flanking cavalry. Also can use some Jugunthiz to skirmish and then sit behind your lines in loose formation to stop cavalry charges. Thier spears will deal with all but elite cav.

Use clubs to counter armor and swordsmen to flank. Wargozez to be the final hammer to break a shaken or wavering enemy line. I'd almost recommend using all infantry and just forget cavalry unless you have plenty of extra money.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

My Hamachi name is Sander-PC
    EDIT: Changed my name in skullheadhq, found out how to :)
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 12-10-2009 at 21:13.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

I still disagree with that decision, but it's not a big deal. Your tournament, your rules, I guess.
    it's ok , i have changed the merc pools around a little , took out the Gaedann , added the Noricene Gaecori (whom i had missed ) . gave the sweboz their baltic units back. placed Worogez back in (prepares for outcry from sweboz) ..

btw ppl , common join the servers!! .. EBG1 is still missing a few ppl
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 12-10-2009 at 21:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Magnus View Post
    Watch your tounge barbarian, you will feel the glory of rome soon enough.

-Arma tuentur pacem
    You have to prove it on the battle field friend :P

well about the mercenaries, i had also some doubts about the carutiges, but the celts have manny options, on that front, so i wont mind.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

it's ok , i have changed the merc pools around a little , took out the Gaedann , added the Noricene Gaecori (whom i had missed ) . gave the sweboz their baltic units back. placed Worogez back in (prepares for outcry from sweboz) ..

btw ppl , common join the servers!! .. EBG1 is still missing a few ppl
    Awesome now I can do use modular troop assignments. I'll still die but won't be able to complain as much :-D
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

can we get some communication please for those that have not joined their EB groups.. i am going to have to guess that you want out of the tournament?

there are at least 5-6 ppl who should be joined by now , i mean group 1 should be battling it out already .. if for some reason there is no response i will remove people from the groups and possibly consolidate it into 3 factions instead .

My real life friend (and yes, my rl friends play EB, and they're not registered at the .ORG) wants to join, he has Hamachi and will be joining under the name Worms136, as Makedonia
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 12-13-2009 at 10:39.

I can play today at almost any time: next week i won't be available mostly, because i have some exams and have to study. Anyway, when i'll have some time, i'll play

Hi everybody I would like to join the getai team.Thank you.By the way It's my first EB tournament but I adapt very quickly.Thanks again.
    "Big deceptions are born from big hopes" -Vladimir Putin

Its my first tournament as well so at least someone will, hopefully, be as bad as me. Although an arse kicking from Mountaingoat gave me a lot of food for thought so at least that is something!

So how do we co-ordinate when we play? I'm free any evening from 8pm GMT apart from Tuesday.

I've got all time next week, btw I'm in the Netherlands, Europe so I've got another timezone then Asians or Americans.

yeah, coordination will be somewhat difficult due to our timezones, but not impossible, because i already played with some people from the other side of the Earth, like Australia, Indonesia and Chile. Btw I'm from Croatia (GMT+1)

GMT +1 as well.

Well I am pretty though at Rome TW original But I think I will do a good job in this tournament:.By the way I am from Romania Europe

When do we start the tournament?
    Last edited by Ludens; 12-15-2009 at 21:36. Reason: merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by olly View Post
    Its my first tournament as well so at least someone will, hopefully, be as bad as me. Although an arse kicking from Mountaingoat gave me a lot of food for thought so at least that is something!

So how do we co-ordinate when we play? I'm free any evening from 8pm GMT apart from Tuesday.
    I hope I will help my team in winning the tourney.But I don't know how we will cooperate.Please somebody from the Getai team contact me.

t-t-triplepost
    And I guess it will be 3v3, just make up some nice strategies with your mates and kick enemy butt I suppose.

maybe if everyone can post their gmt on here we can figure something out ,
    as for now i guess the tournament can begin once everyone is in the hamachi groups .. there are a few members missing from each group .. and i have contacted them to join so now we just have to wait a little (and get some practice ) ...

it is possible that it might not start until january but i would like to get it going by the end of this week.

btw i am at gmt+10 .. and have been playing with europe , america and asia .. so there is a way to get it all working , just for some battles people have to be up either a little early or late i guess...

btw please ensure you record/save all battles .
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 12-14-2009 at 21:39.

I'm on GMT+1.

I'm on GMT+1.
    Same.

btw i am at gmt+10 .. and have been playing with europe , america and asia .. so there is a way to get it all working , just for some battles people have to be up either a little early or late i guess...
    Mountaingoat we meet on the battlefiled quite often nowadays, lawl.
    Last edited by Apázlinemjó; 12-15-2009 at 14:58.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

I am GMT+2:00

Btw the people who are online on hamachi please answer.I'm tired to wait someone to say at least hello

GMT+2 here too. I'll likely be online later this evening, unless I go out to enjoy some snow fights :D

Form where are you Silence Hunter?In my town also snowed
    Last edited by Scipio Africanus; 12-15-2009 at 19:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
    Btw the people who are online on hamachi please answer.I'm tired to wait someone to say at least hello

New version of Hamachi always runs in windows background even if people who use it haven't execute/run it (Hamachi is visible in their processes list though) . Because of that you have many people appearing online, but they are not aware of it. So if nobody reply to you, that is probably because they didn't start Hamachi and can not see your message.
    Last edited by Jebivjetar; 12-15-2009 at 20:19.

Hey Jeb, can you practice today?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast