Thread: Underwater camera

Default Underwater camera

Evening peeps

Me and SWMBO are off to Egypt for a week of snorkelling and drinking rum and I want to take a digi camera that I can use underwater and I'm looking for suggestions, I have about £60 in Christmas money from my mum to spend.

I have found two options so far the first one is the EASYPIX AQUA W311 and the second is Vivitar Vivicam 5399. Any got any experience of these or other cameras?

Cheers all
    Last edited by Ja'chyra; 12-11-2009 at 19:01. Reason: My bad spelling

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Default Re: Underwater camera

I've never owned a purpose-built underwater camera, but I've had good results with waterproof cases for my regular camera. Wouldn't work for a real scuba dive, but for swimming/snorkeling it should be fine. Most camera makers offer underwater cases, you just need to know the model and make of your normal camera. Anyway, it's an option.

Depending upon how often you would use an underwater camera on this trip and afterwards, it might be best to check into renting one.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Depending upon how often you would use an underwater camera on this trip and afterwards, it might be best to check into renting one.
    Never thought of that, we only go away once or twice a year but I have a problem with renting in that you are basically paying someone elses bill, still it's something to consider.

No more time, but check out the site dpreview, it may have something. Otherwise just google the camera's + review.
    Abandon all hope.

Blog Entries

nvm
    Last edited by Thermal; 12-11-2009 at 22:30.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

when i was in la jolla last year on the beach i found an underwater camera just lying there obviously having been washed up. I for some reason which is very uncharacteristic decided to do the right thing and gave it to the lifeguards station.

it was so nice.......