Thread: Warlords vs. Expansion

I know that the full Warlords edition comes with both the original game and the expansion. I also know that the original game has been modified for different victory conditions, differnt starting years, etc. What about the expansion-only game available from EA.com? Will it also modify my original game with the new changes?

In other words, do I HAVE to buy the Warlords edition to get the new features in the original game?

I've been wondering this also. Anyone know? I would rather not shell out another 50 bucks for half a game I already have

Senior Member Senior Member BlackWatch McKenna's Avatar

My impression was that:
    (1) Version 1.13 will give you all the Shogun Upgrades; and
    (2) The Warlords Pack will give you all the Mongol Units and Mongol Campaign options as well as including Version 1.13.

Anyone know if that is correct?
    // Black

// "Did we win?"

Original game + Mongol Invasion expansion pack = Warlord Edition.

That is all.

Version 1.13 has nothing to do with the rest of this, it has just bug and gameplay fixes.
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

It looks like I'll just have to wait and see whether or not the expansion upgrades the existing game with the new features. Thanks.

From what I can glean, Anssi is right. The 1.13 patch is just for gameplay and fixes, the Mongol Expansion contains the new units, modes, etc, and the Warlord Edition is the original Shogun, the 1.13 update, AND the Mongol Expansion in one box. People who already have the game can download the patch for free, and the Mongol info from EX, and do not have to buy the Warlord Edition.

-- B)