Thread: Friday\'s Honor Day

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Nothing new really. The release date is confirmed:

"Hello and welcome to Friday's Honour Day. Today we can tell you that the new add-on pack for Shogun Total War has entered CQC (customer quality control). So all things are on target for the release on the 29th of June."

"Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

At least, no unexpected delays have reared their ugly heads. With any luck we should all be playing the game by the 29th June.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Don't forget 1-2 days for shipping,the 29th is a friday,so hopefully it will be in our hands no later than July 1.Now my only problem will be to convince the wife that the company we have coming that weekend must be gone by monday morning at the latest.Hmm I might have to check my "Homer Simpson"strategy guide on this one.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

DOH DOH DOH

29th june is when I surrender my T1 connection and go back to a 56k for the forseeable future

------------------
    Unless the Persians fly away like birds, hide in the earth like mice, or leap into a lake like frogs, they will never see their homes again, but will die under our arrows
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

It's also when I lose all connection for a time. England here I come.
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

And it is also very close to the date when I lose, if not connection, at least my computer. England also. (Odd, that: when the expansion pack leaves the UK to go out to the world, the world goes to UK.)

Note, however, that the release date is the same for Europe etc. and North America - some allowance for shipping must already be figured in. This means that 29th could actually be the day when the stores, having received it earlier, have permission to put it on the shelves, this in order to effect a common world-wide release date. If this is the case, and if the world hasn't experienced a massive moral reform in the last few weeks when I wasn't looking, some shops are bound to violate EA's restrictions and "release" the game earlier...

We can but hope.

------------------
    "6. Melyo: honor and glory."
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

The funny thing is Electronics Boutique is still insisting the release date is June 27. I just want to know when I can get just the expansion 'code', not a whole new game.
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Why is everybody going to England anyway? Must be the steaks... I hear they are world-class over there nowadays...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Anssi Hakkinen:
    And it is also very close to the date when I lose, if not connection, at least my computer. England also. (Odd, that: when the expansion pack leaves the UK to go out to the world, the world goes to UK.)

Note, however, that the release date is the same for Europe etc. and North America - some allowance for shipping must already be figured in. This means that 29th could actually be the day when the stores, having received it earlier, have permission to put it on the shelves, this in order to effect a common world-wide release date. If this is the case, and if the world hasn't experienced a massive moral reform in the last few weeks when I wasn't looking, some shops are bound to violate EA's restrictions and "release" the game earlier...

We can but hope.

[/QUOTE]
    That means the Europeans will get about a 12 hour head start on us Yanks.Aww crap

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Well if it is worldwide then Australia will get it first.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

What was the first release date anyone heard about for this?

It was something like March, but that was just something some online store had "estimated", ie. made up something to fill an empty slot. Which just goes to show how little those stores should be trusted.

------------------
    "Build city walls!"
    - Military Advisor in Civilization 2
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

with express and overnight shipping now fairly common, the 'world' tends to get things all within a fairly tight amount of time. stores do not 'hold onto' releases. they arent sitting on a back shelf somewhere waiting for permission from the distributor. 'permission' is granted by the retailer receiving the product. anyone who watched the release of diablo II knows that there was a waiting list a mile long at the outlets and that almost as soon as the delivery truck hit the parking lot, the product was gone.

the dev guys, creative, under the watchful eye of dreamtime, get the bloody product out of the shop as soon as is feasible. they send a master copy to EA, who in turn makes more copies, boxes the thing up and ships it out as soon as possible.

which reminds me, EA is distributor for this game, not the creator. the only coding EA did had to do with the server side of things. i see a number of folks saying this or that about EA as if they were the creator of the game. they arent.

K.

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Well when Black and White was released in Australia the EB stores had to hold onto the game until it was released to other stores. It was held for about 3 days.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro