Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if TW ended...

Where's your head at? Member Galain_Ironhide's Avatar

Default Re: What if TW ended...

To echo a lot of others thoughts, I think Shogun 2 is practical, moreover anything else. It was the flagship game that started it all and giving it some new life would hopefully see a lot of people return to the TW series.

Mind you thats if CA don't pee everyone off with day zero bugs and crappy ai that they have been prone to release.
    Last edited by Galain_Ironhide; 03-21-2010 at 14:21. Reason: Life is spelt with an "L" not a "k"
    - 'Let's finish the game.' - Josiah Gordon "Doc" Scurlock

Read my AAR - BC Kingdom of Jerusalem - For Faith or Greed

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galain_Ironhide View Post
    Mind you thats if CA don't pee everyone off with day zero bugs and crappy ai that they have been prone to release.
    NTW is the least buggy TW at 1.0 in the series' history, at least since Rome (admittedly I'm fuzzy on STW and MTW).

Anyways, I hope they go deeper into the 19th century. Franco-Prussian War, Crimean War, American Civil War, Mexican-American War, Japan opening up, Rush for Africa, etc. Lots and lots there to cover.

A total war that starts in 500BC and ends in 1900 or so
    Politics, just like the tropical forest, feeds itself from its own waste.

Disturbed Member TenkiWarPRIEST's Avatar

A total war that begins with Dinosaurs and ends with meteor impact.
    TenkiWarPriest Tsuchiya Great Clans of Tenki
    :M Gah WarPriest Gah - Krasturak

I leap from depths of debt into the skies.
    Autumn of The Dragon.

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

alien invason total war?

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Frederick II: Total War?
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Sang Hulu Jurit Balamati Member plutoboyz's Avatar
    Near a dammed warlike tribe called "Indonesian"

There are many place that haven't touched by CA. like Paleolithic:Total War, Africa:Total War, India:Total War, Nomad:Total War, Polynesian: Total War, Nusantara:Total War

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plutoboyz View Post
    Nomad:Total War
    FTW! I actually made a nice constructive rant about that in a TWC thread....
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

Hello Kitty: Total War.

Doesn't matter all that much as far as which setting they pick. If the gameplay is good, people will appreciate it.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    Sooner or later everything ends but I don’t think it is time for TW to go the way of the passenger pidgin just yet.

In a month or two we may even know what the Next Total War will be.

I am betting on Rome II Total War...that seems safe enough.

They, and by extension Sega, have a significant portion of their hardcore fan base ticked off at the moment, with what the fans view as broken promises and substandard product.

If I were them I would be looking for ways to reverse that, at least to some extent.

It is just my thoughts but what would make the largest number of dissidents happy would be mod tools and showing further support of the mod community.

Most people don’t mod and perhaps most don’t even play mods but they do view it as an indicator of the company’s good will toward the fans.
    There is RTW2 already and it's called Europa Barbarorum..

But seriously, I wouldn't mind a RTW2 from CA if it would be a bit more historically accurate than RTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    There is RTW2 already and it's called Europa Barbarorum..

But seriously, I wouldn't mind a RTW2 from CA if it would be a bit more historically accurate than RTW.
    We can expect to see a R"3"TW much sooner than a EBII
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

...George Patton

History repeats itself because CA wasnt listening the first time (or any other)

I would be disappointed if TW ended but I would take a look at the competitor if there was one but right now I'll think positive.

I wonder if they will have a modern warfare total set in WWII or even present day?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

With S2TW on hand, and some great online memories, I wouldn't want Total War to ever end...
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    With S2TW on hand, and some great online memories, I wouldn't want Total War to ever end...
    That is how I feel. It is a great game series.

If it ended now, I think the strategy game field will never be the same.

Total War just needs to create a game based in like World War II or World War I era. Or Space Age. Or Mythology. That would be pretty cool.

A couple people have mentioned the American Civil War and then it was disparaged for only having 2 sides. However, what if the whole continent was involved in the game? Within the Civil War, many tribes were sorting out which side to support. If there were some amount of division by state, maintaining the loyalty of different states could be an integral part of the game. Britain could have also been conceivably involved and traded with both sides to some degree. Russia also sent some Monitors over expressing some support of the Union. Meanwhile, just to the south, Mexico just finished a civil war of their own and was promptly invaded by France which eventually involved Cinco de Mayo among other things. And Spain briefly reabsorbed the Dominican Republic. So it seems there are enough other players to keep it interesting.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Britain and France could have intervened, The Union reached out to Mexico. Almost all of the western Indian tribes rebelled at their treatment and went to war. Russia in 1863 threatened to go to war should Britain or France enter hostilities. Other States and localities had threatened secession, including New York City. It is not a matter of having too few factions. It would be tying them in, in some coherent fashion.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

I personally would like to see a Total War: China. A lot of great time periods.
    The American Civil War would be great, if only if, they work on the BAI. Otherwise, it will have limited play-ability.

where phoenicians were setting up colonies the sea peoples collapse of ancient greece cavalry used in warfare by scythians in 9th century BC cimmerians etc.??

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

6 years old thread... but given that we're in the Empire Total War forum, an ETW2 would actually be worthwhile. Huge empires and huge battles.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

There needs to be a competitor to totla war

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123