Thread: Where can I buy Mongol Invasion... Gee only in EA\'s store.

Sorry for ranting (just a pre-advise):

Why the heck can we only buy the expansion on EA.com...? 14.99 + 5.00 shipping and handling. 20 US dollars for what should be a patch. What the #$#%? I can't even go to my mall and buy the dang thing. Instead I gotta go and order it from EA so it'll be delivered by the end of July. That's right. July.

Publisher: Electronic Arts Genre: Strategy

Developer: Creative Assembly Release: 07/17/2001

This was listed on Gamespot's site. Hey at least it's coming out on my birthday. Just hope it's not my 80th!!

Anyways, I feel better now. Really am waiting eagerly for this and I'm just a little frustrated at the waiting. See you all soon in Echizen.

Bushinoko
    I stink; therefor I am.

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

What?? I hadn't heard that, are you 100% sure about that bud?

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Sorry guys, but this has been known for ages. US customers can buy Warlords in the shops and Mongol Invasions online only. European customers can buy MI in the shops and Warlords too, although that apparently will be released later in Europe.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

And the July 17th thing...?
    I stink; therefor I am.

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Well the date has been stated twice by The Shogun in the Honour days that it will be 27 or 29 June I cant remember which one.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

I'm going to say it's best that you go with the 29th of June which is what the official site claims. However you might do better to expect it later, so you can be happy when they deley it.

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 06-12-2001).]
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

I actually checked out the EA site this morning before coming to work because I hadn't seen this thread and I wanted to see what the expansion was going to cost.

Price for the expansion is as Bushi says, $14.99 US. Not sure about shipping. I'm also not sure where the July date came from. What I saw this morning was June 2001. As we all know, the official release date is 29-Jun so we'll see. Assuming that shipping is only $5 it sure as hell ain't going out by FedEx! Which means it'll be about another week beyond that before we get it.

The one thing that bothered me about what I saw was that they didn't even have the box art for the expansion up. I hate to say this and I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling that EA is going to hold the expansion in the hopes that people here in North America will buy the Warlord Edition.

------------------
    Obake

I warned you, but did you listen? Ohh, no...it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Obake,

I think you may be right... I thought the same thing. That's gotta be why they're not selling the MI expansion in the stores. That way, poor s.o.b.s like us buy the whole 40USD Warlord Edition.

Shinjirarenai kono yaro!!

What can we do???
    I stink; therefor I am.

Just confirmed on EBgames.com that it's coming out on July 17th..... What the #$#%$.
    I stink; therefor I am.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Ah the "joys" of capitalism,$40 for instant gratification or $14.99 for delayed gratification Which will you choose?Hey I could be dead by July gimme mine now
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

I hate buying crap online. They did this just so more people do buy the warlords, which is gay. What ever happened to putting the fans interest first and not the money!?!?
    - A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    - The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.

even my Khan isnt pleased in how compagnies use marketing for evilness, but he wont do anything about. u will be invaded anyhow...

------------------
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

High voltage,

Hate to say it, but I'm not sure if anyone's ever put fans before money...

Take Take Take. It's the way we humans are. Look at the game we love so much. We take from the RONIN. We take from the ODA. We take from the Mori, etc, etc, etc...

Oh well. Let's just see how the release goes. Did you guys order yet?

I stink; therefor I am.

This expansion is a deal for $15! And if you need the whole game, Warlords is surely worth $40.

Most publishers demand $20 to $30 for expansions.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Quote Originally posted by Nelson:
    This expansion is a deal for $15! And if you need the whole game, Warlords is surely worth $40.

Most publishers demand $20 to $30 for expansions.
    [/QUOTE]

I just went to EA's site to take a look at the price for the Mongol Invasion expansion cause I'm not shelling out another $40. I added it to my cart and the price is $14.95 plus for some reason I had a savings of $3.74 so the expansion is only costing me $11.21

Shogun: Total War™ The Mongol Invasion PC Teen Price Savings
    Blood and Gore, Violence $14.95 $3.74
    Total
    $11.21

I think it's because I am a member of ea.com.
    "What did the five fingers say to the face?"

I just went back to ea.com to see if I got savings on Warlord Edition, and I got a $9.99 discount. If you plan on buying either one I suggest that you become a member of ea.com!

Thanks, AL! I'll look into EA.com. I'm not spending $40 either.

Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Quote Originally posted by Nelson:
    Thanks, AL! I'll look into EA.com. I'm not spending $40 either.

[/QUOTE]

No problem, I figured that it was good information to share.

Good call. I ordered mine last night and I noticed my total is 17.20 including shipping. Definite savings...
    I stink; therefor I am.

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

generally speaking, expansion packs do cost more than what ea is selling this one for. i also suspect that the reason someone didnt see any box art is that there prolly isnt any box art. art costs money. that money adds to the price YOU have to pay at a retail outlet, or even an online outlet.

expansion packs rarely do as well as the original game, thus the distribution needed for an expansion pack is less. distribution to retail and online stores also costs money. that cost is also passed on to YOU.

ea owes you nothing. ca owes you nothing. nor do you owe them anything. ea is saving you money by not doing a big fancy distribution. i'm guessing that those that are complaining the loudest here would prolly complain just as loud if ea did do a big promotional release, cause then it would cost you $30 instead of HALF of that. some folks just like to complain.

as for the various release dates on what and when, that's all been listed on www.totalwar.com before, and quite recently, in fact.

as for it being released 'for what should be a patch.' lol. yer obviously not a coder, nor a graphic artist, nor a designer, or any of the other talents that go into making something like this.

myself, i'd prefer they took another 3 months and got it right, if that's what it would take, than delivering it now and have another 6 patches come out in the next 3 months.

K.

Kraellin,

Just a quick note on the Box art for the expansion (not Warlords). There is already box art for it. It was shown on one of the previews for the game. My concern is that if EA was taking pre-orders for the x-pack, how soon would they start shipping it after release?

I think the biggest concern that people have (and it's not really complaining per se) is that EA may delay shipping the expansion for a couple of weeks to try and boost sales of the Warlord edition (here in North America). It's more a case of cynicism on our part than it is complaining.

------------------
    Obake

I warned you, but did you listen? Ohh, no...it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

obake,

i see. so we're logging our complaints early to avoid the rush? i mean, just in case? lol.

K.

Bleh, I guess I will just buy the Warlords package in the store for convenience sake and give the original Total War part to a friend who doesn't have it, and keep the Mongol Expansion. I hate dealing with ordering things online, and then if they don't show up, you never know who to go after.

------------------
    Goshi of Koga
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

Why not Krae?

We've been doing it since before the game came out! It's almost a tradition...

------------------
    Obake

Obake

hehehe, obake,

well stated...hehehe

hmm, so if i see a game advertised that i might wish to purchase in the future, i shld start complaining about it now, before i get it, and in fact, before it even comes out...interesting concept. (tic = tongue in cheek)

K.

Quote Originally posted by Obake:
    Kraellin,
    My concern is that if EA was taking pre-orders for the x-pack, how soon would they start shipping it after release?

I think the biggest concern that people have (and it's not really complaining per se) is that EA may delay shipping the expansion for a couple of weeks to try and boost sales of the Warlord edition (here in North America). It's more a case of cynicism on our part than it is complaining.

[/QUOTE]

This is the response I got from EA when I asked them when they will ship MI. A little vaugue.

Greetings,

Thank you for your recent E-mail inquiry. Your order will be shipped within the first several days of the release date. It depends on when your pre-order was placed as opposed to all the other pre-orders placed for that same title. I apologize that I could not be more specific. I hope this information helps you out and if you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at any time.
    Eric
    EA.com

I've got my order in so hopefully it won't be too long. BTW Asakura Lord thanks for the heads up on the discount if you belong to ea.com. You saved me some $$$.

------------------
    All your base are belong to us
    All your base are belong to us

No problem ed, as soon as I saw the discount I ordered my copy, and them emailed them to see when it will be shipped in comparison to the release date.